Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,435 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) (20782 Views)

ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME / RSUST Announces They Will Be Screening Test Instead Of Post Utme Screening / UNIPORT Announces 2015/2016 1st Semester Exam Date & Resumption Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Thomsyne(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Lordmykel(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2016
See... I dont have money to by 7 thousand naira form o.. Abeg.. Federal government do something o... Make the form 500 naira.. grin
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by adioolayi(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2016
The purpose of eradicating Post UTME exams..is writing exams twice as if JAMB is not a standard exams...But the Universities won't stop getting their own IGR from intending admission seekers..hence you will still pay for the screening.

#Nigeria
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Mattex001(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2016
NUC should petition any School that does anything contrary to the laws governing admission process...

Bloody University stakeholders milking Nigerian students every year of their hard earned money

Imagine someone writing Pume for 4times that's ridiculous!

The system should be more stringent, NUC should revoke their license and make them pay fines!
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Daraph(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2016
How does this stop me from gaining admission into the Federal University of Technology,Akure this year?
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by bettercreature(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2016
What do you expect from that lawless state
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Mattex001(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Daraph:
How does this stop me from gaining admission into the Federal University of Technology,Akure this year?

Are you asking a question ??
Well I hope you do gain admission because if you don't this statement you just made will hunt you for as long as I can think of...
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Qmerit(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2016
How much is the form?
did any one see the amount for form as usual?
so why the fight over this and that?

You can even call prospective students to come seat for the exams without paying a dime so that they can get the best to admit.
In my opinion because the school certainly can't admit all who scored 180 and above 180 according to FGN
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Afrok(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Another session of Year 1A and Year 1B loading... cheesy School is yet to settle the mess of closing down, they're thinking about PUTME, my business with them is my certificate so they should do whatever they like undecided

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by kay4dem(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2016
Muyogoa:
The school is not moved by the motion or suggestion raised by the federal government.
Which way Nigeria well still waiting for NDA to do their worst in the night.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by saintdennis(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2016
Naija dat doesn't have good secondary school system.

If we did then you begin planning for university life from ss1! They use ur cgpa for ss1, ss2 and ss3 as your post-utme in advanced countries. Nothing like JAMB sef.

So automatically for ss2 u don know say u no fit go the TOP schools in the country cos of poor ss1.

Not here in naija where people who didn't even go to skul will attend miracle center and bag waec and pass jamb.

I scored 223 in jamb got to uniben pume in the 8 block building we used 200-230 filled up 2 classes only. 230- 300 filled up the rest.

During matric na 200-230 full my dept lols. The few 230-300 that even manage squeeze thru were given education courses.

Scrapping it is educationally suicidal

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Daraph(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2016
Mattex001:

Are you asking a question ??
Well I hope you do gain admission because if you don't this statement you just made will hunt you for as long as I can think of...

Amen! So,what's your conclusion lad?
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by histemple: 11:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Greed has beclouded their reasoning
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by histemple: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Some people need to go back to school and study the word "screening"

Maybe you need to give us the full meaning of UTME that doesn't include Examination.

And if you think the word "SCREENING" doesn't connote any kind of physical, oral or written examination, then I am shocked.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by otokx(m): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2016
There is something going down down.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by sammyclassics(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2016
minister of education, what's your say on this?
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Goldenboy842(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2016
which news paper please
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Amaechi5(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2016
Cutehector:
did the newspaper state there will be any form of examination?

Bro am sorry but you be complete m.u.g.u, correcting someone when you are the person getting it wrong and even arguing about it. It has always been called a screening exercise okay, post utme screening exercise.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by favour136: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2016
I JUST WANT THIS POST UME EXAMS TO BE SCRAPPED SERIOUSLY, WHATS IS THE NEED

ALL UNIZIK ASPIRANTS SHOULD FOLLOW THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES https://www.nairaland.com/2976880/unizik-2016-2017-admission-nau

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Netcontactsng1(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2016
Afrok:
Another session of Year 1A and Year 1B loading... cheesy School is yet to settle the mess of closing down, they're thinking about PUTME, my business with them is my certificate so they should do whatever they like undecided

You just remind me something bro... Year 1B boys then be claiming Year 2.

BTW Uniport announces sale of PUTME forms on national Newspaper but not on School website... Weird.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2016
bettercreature:
What do you expect from that lawless state
exactly. Rivers state is just so lawless and crime filled. They always defy government's orders
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by okuego: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2016
OK
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by lawrenzooo: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Am sure the FG knows the right channel to follow if they want universities to implement. They should communicate with it to the NUC and NUC would communicate it to various institutions.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by OGGS2000: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Reasons why post utme should not be scrapped.

1. Not all those that score 180 will be admitted because there is quota for admission for every department by NUC.

2. Unizik as a case study will never admit every student that score 180 due to the high number of applicants, so post utme exam and result will determine who will be admitted and should not be admitted base on the general cuf of mark.

For instance the minimum number of students that will admitted in each department is 150, and is likely that more than number have scored above 150 so with post utme the number will be reduced and those that score high will be admitted.

Unizik my school will never admit every student that 180 in jamb making post utme exam necessary.

180 is the minimum, the school may choose to cut off at 250 if that serves their purpose but no post UME. it is evil to collect 5000K each from 20000 students when you know your capacity is 2000 only. It is stealing and it breeds corruption.

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by babadee1(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Yomieluv:
The FG only made a proposal, and the school has the right to abide,or not.

Just my that she.

Who owns the school?
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by IkpuMmadu: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2016
screening can be written exams or oral interview or even physical inspection
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Afrok(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Netcontactsng1:

You just remind me something bro... Year 1B boys then be claiming Year 2.

BTW Uniport announces sale of PUTME forms on national Newspaper but not on School website... Weird.
Very weird boss shocked

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by VocalWalls: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Some people need to go back to school and study the word "screening"

In a bid to sound smart... See how you came tumbling?

Did you read what you wrote?

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Captain6(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Uniport has been shut down for 2months now,yet they are more interested in Putme which usually is done around July/Aug,what a confused schl angry.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by 7footre(m): 11:59am On Jun 07, 2016
They should call off the strike let me complete my programme with them abeg.. I don tire
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by Gabbyraze(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Reasons why post utme should not be scrapped.

1. Not all those that score 180 will be admitted because there is quota for admission for every department by NUC.

2. Unizik as a case study will never admit every student that score 180 due to the high number of applicants, so post utme exam and result will determine who will be admitted and should not be admitted base on the general cuf of mark.

For instance the minimum number of students that will admitted in each department is 150, and is likely that more than number have scored above 150 so with post utme the number will be reduced and those that score high will be admitted.

Unizik my school will never admit every student that 180 in jamb making post utme exam necessary.

Did u ever wonder how universities admitted students b4 d introduction of postume?I graduated from unizik 2 yrs ago and I know what goes down during the same post ume,so forget story...meanwhile with d scrapping of d post ume,universities will have a preset cutoff from beginning,so potential students would know if they are qualified or not,instead of wasting money,time and effort without knowing if u are qualified ir not.
Re: UNIPORT Announces The Sale Of Post-UTME Form On Newspaper (pic) by elderick: 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / Help I Just Had My First Carryover / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.