Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Artificial Long Nail A Fashion Flaw - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Artificial Long Nail A Fashion Flaw (721 Views)

Beardless Men Are Now Fixing Artificial Beard To Form Beard Gang (Photos) / Physician Warns On Dangers Of Fixing Artificial Eyelashes / Ladies, Would You Slay With This Nail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Artificial Long Nail A Fashion Flaw by TFAwomanhood(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
Your nails are beautiful where did you fix them? You are blushing hmmmm.don't be deceived e be like witch lol
Ladies and fake nails!For some of we ladies our real nails are peely or thin and some of us have the habit of biting that's why we go for artificial nails.Am not totally condemning the act because I also fix my nails occasionally but I find long nails unattractive, fake nails dosen't have to be long though long nails have always been associated with femininity and beauty but they can be an open invitation to diseases and other health problem.

Studies also have shown that nails that are longer than 3 millimeters beyond the tip of the finger carry harmful bacteria and yeast under them.
Apart from the health implication how comfortable do you feel with this long nails and how do you think some men view long artificial nails?

I talked to 3 guys in my office about it yesterday
Mr A- women and fake nails,everything about them is fake, fake yansh, fake boobs I won't even allow my wife give me food with a witch nail

Mr B-I love my girlfriend to fix her nails but short and natural.not all this red versus orange

Mr C: it makes them look like harlot.if you want to fix, fix something moderate and feminine.
Hmmm you can read their comments my advice if you are to fix your nail, you don't have to go about in long crawly nails.make it short and natural.

So let's get back to the main business long nails has it's own uncomfortable effect and here are some of it
Jewelry: you find it difficult to wear your chain and earring hence needing the service of someone

Typing: you tend to strain your fingers when you type with long nails and you can also find it hard to type on your phone or system hence you start typing rubbish.my sister if na you dey handle system for your office no allow your nails give you query o lol

Buttoning:you find it hard to button up your shirts and jean hence in the process of struggling your nails might get caught in zippers and in the process injure yourself.

Minor accidents:with long nails you find it difficult to get a grasp of anything you end up dropping a lot of things because you don't want your nail to break,you can't even pick your nose hence it bleeds though picking ones nose is a bad habit.As a nursing mother you can easily scratch your kids skin while trying to bath or dress for him/her even your own skin is not exempted,to even clean up after booing is another headache.

Lastly you can't eat your plate of delicious amala with your hands.Ladies be like fork please! Hmmm to open a can of coke go be wahala so why punish yourself over a long nail.keeping it short and natural will not only make u look feminine but also make you feel good with yourself.

On the health implication
There are some fashion freak ladies fascinated about their nails,if you fix most of the time try to stop it as the nails are highly vulnerable to germs and all sort of infection.The longer you leave the more likely it is prone to germs.

Long nails also don't give room for you to wash your hands well enough to get rid of germs under the nails.Your hands comes in contact with hundreds of object everyday and you end up cooking which can cause food poisoning as your long nails are the perfect place for germs.

So my dear sisters to maintain your nails the best is keeping it short and clean.
Endeavor to clean your nail beds and cuticle often,avoid biting your nails since it is a bad habit that allows germs to enter your body, drink more water Inorder to keep your nail dehydrated.
Lastly if you are to fix, keep it short and natural don't scare that brother away with your colorful long nails so he won't think you will pluck out his 2eyes when he is CAUGHT IN THE ACT.hahaha just joking.hope you find this useful
#avoid long nails
#keep it short and neat
#womanhood with TFA
Re: Artificial Long Nail A Fashion Flaw by Damtha(f): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks for the info
Re: Artificial Long Nail A Fashion Flaw by Kingsasian(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Artificial nails irks me. I love natural nails most especially the long ones on ladies.

(1) (Reply)

See!! Justin Bieber's Strange New Look. / Creativity Or Madness? See Nigerian Couple Cutting Roasted Goat As Wedding Cake / Designer Wedding Gown And Shoe For Give Away Price.. 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.