Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Were Make-up - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Were Make-up (513 Views)

"Is This A Human Being?": Lady's Heavy Make Up Photos Got People Confused / Make-up Transformation Of A Lady With Scars On The Face / Before & After Make-up Photos Of A Bride That Has Been Sparking Reactions (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Were Make-up by jholam(f): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Well the other day, I was asked and in order to defend myself from what I honestly don't know, I began ranting of how I have these gigantic pimples on my face and how the spots and blemishes are too much so, I needed to cover them up and blah blah blah.

I just needed to give a legit reply to the question but deep down, I knew that those weren't the only reasons, and that I wear make up because I wanted to feel attractive and beautiful as a woman. But in order not to look vain and insecure I gave the obvious answer.
Now that's just my reason. And this question made me think about the reason why women like me wear make up. So, I decided to ask my close female friends and family members.

The first person I asked, was my cousin who I tell you sincerely, has no business putting a single thing on her face,except from maybe white powder. And her reply was that it makes her look 'fine and clean.'Her exact words, no joke.

In my mind, I was looking for the ugly and dirty face that needs beautification and cleansing which unfortunately I couldn't find but I kind of got what she meant though.
The second person I asked, gave a reply close to mine that it was because of the acne on her face she wears make up which ironically according to her, adds more acne to her face.

Well, that is just women wahala for you.
Others gave answers like: it makes them more beautiful and gives them confidence, while for some, it's fun trying on new tricks from YouTube and just playing with brushes and colours.

Well, I concluded, that whatever the reason women were make up, the bottom line is that they do and majority like doing it. Maybe it's an innate desire to look beautiful I can't tell, but whatever the case may be, I think that when we put on make up, moderation is key.

We should not have to change our entire face under foundation all in the name of wearing make-up. Too much make up is never beautiful.

NB- If you have more reasons why you think women wear make up, please drop your comments in the little box below.

Thanks for reading.

http://substantialwomen.blog spot.com.ng/2016/06/why-wear-makeup.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Beauty Masterclass Series (UBMS) 1.0 In Lagos / ‘how To Take Off Your Makeup’ In This Episode Of ‘ebony Loving With Sika’ / New Discounted Fees On Our Design, Fashion Illustration And CAD Course.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.