Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,429 members, 7,830,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Our Government - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Our Government (1141 Views)

pls our government ! this also must among 2016 budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Government by SamMilla1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2006
A travel agent for thirty years in our nation's capital has this to report:

"This is why we're in trouble! I had a lagos state congresswoman ask for an middle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the airplane window.

I got a call from a candidate's staffer, who wanted to go to Cape town. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, then she interrupted me with, "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Cape town is in UGANDA. Without trying to make her look like the stupid one, I calmly explained, "Cape Cod is in UGANDA, Cape town is in Africa."

A senior ENUGU Congressman called, furious about a ANAMBRA package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in MINNA. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since MINNA is in the middle of the NIGERIA. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map, and NIGER is a very thin state!"

I got a call from a lawmaker's wife who asked, "Is it possible to see NIGERIA from GHANA?" I said, No." She said, "But they look so close on the map.

An HAUSA Congresswoman called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from NIGERIA left at 8:20 a. m. and got into GHANA at 8:33 a. m. I tried to explain that GHANA was an hour ahead of NIGERIA, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought thaT.

I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them."

A senior Senator called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him that he needed a visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!"

Now you know why Government is in the shape that it's in!!!!!
Re: Our Government by angelz(f): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2006
@sunej, am now remindin u 2 lauf. Wish u best of laufs.
Re: Our Government by theopops: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2006
It is so funny.

(1) (Reply)

Two New Firemen / Danfo Driver / African Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.