Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot (2342 Views)

Nigeria Loses $9bn To Illegal Mining In 2 Years / Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn't Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot / A Compendium Of Buhari' S Cluelessness: Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by WAECFlyer: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by WAECFlyer: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
me,
I don't believe oo

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by steppin: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
9billion indeed!

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Femi Aribisala is the man cool

6 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by 989900: 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
'Chemical Ali'; not "comical Ali".

BTW, 'Chemical Ali' was not the propagandist, it was Saed Al Sahaf.

If Femi can't get that right, and can't provide solid proof for his illusion, how am I to believe any sh!t he is selling . . . "opinions are like arm pits, everyone has them, and most of them stink".

6 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by seunmsg(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Even if those who returned the looted funds comes out openly to declare that they returned money, people like Femi Aribisala will still call it propaganda and not believe. He is a chronic wailer who will never see anything good in the current administration. People like him should not be taken seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Oliviaxx(f): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
I think that should be 9 billion kobo
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Oliviaxx(f): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
seunmsg:
Even if those who returned the looted funds comes out openly to declare that they returned money, people like Femi Aribisala will still call it propaganda and not believe. He is a chronic wailer who will never see anything good in the current administration. People like him should not be taken seriously.

So we recovered 9bn dollars and still went to china to borrow 2bn??

12 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
Oliviaxx:

The 'recovered' funds are still under litigation or 'interim seizure'.

If someone takes you to court over your own land, you won't be able to build a house on it until the end of the court case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
989900:

If Femi can't get that right, and can't provide solid proof for his illusion, how am I to believe any sh!t he is selling . . . "opinions are like arm pits, everyone has them, and most of them stink".

He got yet another thing wrong - Iraq never claimed to have weapons of mass destruction, it was UK and America's lie against her.

7 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Oliviaxx(f): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
Activa:

If someone takes you to court over your own land, you won't be able to build a house on it until the end of the court case.

Yea right...it'll be 'under litigation' forever

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by petrov10: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
apc govt of propaganda and lies.

we re watching u

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by petrov10: 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
Activa:

seriously? ohhh pls u can tell better lies plsssss

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
petrov10:
seriously? ohhh pls u can tell better lies plsssss

What you've just written is very rude and highly unnecessary.

I provided an explanation to a question and you insulted me.

Is that good and sensible?
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by jmoore(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Activa:

Why add it to the list of recovered funds when they are fully aware it is still under litigation? If that is not lying, I wonder what else it is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by KissCODE(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Activa:

bros how can u claim to have recovered something that is still under litigation?
What if u finally lose the case?

6 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
WAECFlyer:

As he tweeted today…

Source: http://timenaija.com/vanguard-columnist-femi-aribisala-doesnt-believe-fg-recovered-9bn-loot/
This doesn't even make sense. The Iraqi Government wasn't the one claiming they had WMDs, the U.S and the "coalition" were.

This Mr.Arbisala man, from everything I can glean of him, doesn't seem to be stable.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
Activa:

He got yet another thing wrong - Iraq never claimed to have weapons of mass destruction, it was UK and America's lie against her.
Exactly.
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
KissCODE:
bros how can u claim to have recovered something that is still under litigation?
What if u finally lose the case?

Let's think of another name to call it. Do you have any idea?
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
jmoore:

Why add it to the list of recovered funds when they are fully aware it is still under litigation? If that is not lying, I wonder what else it is.

If you see it as lying then you should suggest another name for it.

If a man picks another's pocket, even though the item is recovered from the thief, the owner won't be allowed to leave with it if the matter is in court.

If you have another name for this process i'd b happy to learn it.

2 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by deji68: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin epic....
Oliviaxx:

1 Like

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Flips: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
WAECFlyer:

As he tweeted today…

Source: http://timenaija.com/vanguard-columnist-femi-aribisala-doesnt-believe-fg-recovered-9bn-loot/
Rephrase your title to make it more catchy and FP worthy. e.g.
Femi Aribisala - FG lied about recovering $9 billion dollars
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by tosyne2much(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Oliviaxx:

So you also patronize the politics section? cheesy
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by paschu: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
989900:

It appeard the dude is way more informed than you are.

Here's what Wikipedia says about the matter:

Al-Sahhaf is known for his daily press briefings in Baghdad during the 2003 Iraq War. His colorful appearances caused him to be nicknamed "Baghdad Bob"[4] (in the style of previous propagandists with geographical aliases – some of them alliterative, such as "Hanoi Hannah" and "Seoul City Sue"wink by commentators in the United States. He was nicknamed "Comical Ali" (a wordplay allusion to Chemical Ali, the nickname of former Iraqi Defence Minister Ali Hassan al-Majid) by commentators in the United Kingdom; commentators in Italy similarly nicknamed him "Alì il Comico".

ISpiksDaTroof:
This doesn't even make sense. The Iraqi Government wasn't the one claiming they had WMDs, the U.S and the "coalition" were.

This Mr.Arbisala man, from everything I can glean of him, doesn't seem to be stable.

Activa:

ISpiksDaTroof & Activa

Both of you are the ones getting it wrong, the guy in question was doing exactly what Lai Mohammed is doing in Nigeria: silly attempts to brain wash the Iraqi nationals into believing lies. He actually said that US army and their coalition will surrender or be destroyed by Iraq.

See an excerpt from Wikipedia:

His pronouncements included claims that American soldiers were committing suicide "by the hundreds" outside the city, and denial that there were any American tanks in Baghdad, when in fact they were only several hundred meters away from the press conference where he was speaking and the combat sounds of the nearing American troops could already be heard in the background of the broadcast. On another occasion he spoke of the disastrous outcomes of previous foreign attempts to invade Iraq, citing an unspecified western history book and inviting the journalists present to come to his home to read it. His last public appearance as Information Minister was on April 8, 2003, when he said that the Americans "are going to surrender or be burned in their tanks. They will surrender, it is they who will surrender".

This shows how pathetic some APC folks on NL are, and how they habitually push their unverified opinions as fact.

Now that their rants against Femi have been debunked as fallacies, lets watch and see if they'd be men enough to admit their wrong openly and apologise for those silly rants. grin grin

BTW here's your source abi stew: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by 989900: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
paschu:

Oh, I didn't know Al sahaf was referred to as 'comical Ali' . . . I guess it was a nickname he acquired later during the war (like you rightly stated, in reference to 'chemical Ali' whom we knew).
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by kurt09(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
paschu:

Epic
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by kurt09(m): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
989900:

Oh, I didn't know Al sahaf was referred to as 'comical Ali' . . . I guess it was a nickname he acquired later during the war (like you rightly stated, in reference to 'chemical Ali' whom we knew).
Lienus
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by 989900: 11:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
paschu:

ISpiksDaTroof & Activa

Both of you are the ones getting it wrong, the guy in question was doing exactly what Lai Mohammed is doing in Nigeria: silly attempts to brain wash the Iraqi nationals into believing lies. He actually said that US army and their coalition will surrender or be destroyed by Iraq.

See an excerpt from Wikipedia:

This shows how pathetic some APC folks on NL are, and how they habitually push their unverified opinions as fact.

Now that their rants against Femi have been debunked as fallacies
, lets watch and see if they'd be men enough to admit their wrong openly and apologise for those silly rants. grin grin

BTW here's your source abi stew: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

1. What is your point exactly? Given what I've written, and what Femi said. I know him by his real name Al sahaf. He knows him as 'comical Ali' which I do not know him as, 'cause there is a Chemical Ali who was of course the known one way back from the 1980s, when he gassed his own people . . . and as you rightly pointed out, 'comical Ali' was a derivative of 'chemical Ali's alias.

2. How does knowing, or not knowing one of Al Sahaf's numerous aliases ultimately substitute for proof of Femi's assertion that there is no $9b?

undecided undecided
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by paschu: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
989900:

1. What is your point exactly? Given what I've written, and what Femi said. I know him as Al sahaf. He knows him as 'comical Ali' which I do not know him as, 'cause there is a Chemical Ali who was of course the known one way back from the 1980s, when he gassed his own people . . . and as you rightly pointed out, 'comical Ali' was a derivative of 'chemical Ali's alias.

2. How does knowing, or not knowing one of Al Sahaf's numerous aliases ultimately substitute for proof of Femi's assertion that there is no $9b?

undecided undecided

My point is that you discredited femi's comment and undermined his entire credibility wrongly while projecting your false opinion as the last factual word on the matter. That's wrong. Very wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by 989900: 12:00am On Jun 08, 2016
paschu:

My point is that you discredited femi's comment and undermined his entire credibility wrongly while projecting your false opinion as the last factual word on the matter. That's wrong. Very wrong.

That'd be weighty if that actually has anything in form of proof or disproof of his allegation, that a gov't would take it upon itself to claim recovery of non-existent funds.

If going by your logic: "undermined his entire credibility wrongly while projecting your false opinion as the last factual word on the matter", because of name vs alias, we could say far, far, worse for Femi then . . . he should have substantiated his claims.
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by paschu: 12:33am On Jun 08, 2016
989900:

That'd be weighty if that actually has anything in form of proof or disproof of his allegation, that a gov't would take it upon itself to claim recovery of non-existent funds.

If going by your logic: "undermined his entire credibility wrongly while projecting your false opinion as the last factual word on the matter", because of name vs alias, we could say far, far, worse for Femi then . . . he should have substantiated his claims.

Femi was only trying to show you that this govt. tells unwholsome lies with impunity just like the failed Iraqi govt. F

emi did not say that the goverment did not recover $9 billion. He only adviced that Nigerians should take the report with a large pinch of salt as doing otherwise would show that we have not learnt anything from the lying tradition of this govt. since the last one year.

Femi even went on to list a number of other cases where the govt. clearly lied to the populace deliberately.

The way I see it, disputing the fact that lies are emaneting too much from this govt. simply puts a question mark on your own credibility.
Re: Vanguard Columnist Femi Aribisala Doesn’t Believe FG Recovered $9bn Loot by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 08, 2016
The government has been quite cagey with information about the recovered fund. This has made it easy for cheap political innuendos and uninformed conjectures. Why can't the government just lay the facts bare before everyone and free itself from the trust issue it is currently facing? The figures released are too opaque for any objective Nigerian to believe.
It's better the government didn't say anything than the vague figures it came out with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Don't Understand About Igbos And Yorubas. / PDP Collapses In Mbaise As Engr Emma Ojinere Joins APC / Lai Mohammed To Spend 100 Million For "Opinion Polls" In 2017 Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.