Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria (6187 Views)

When Is NECO 2017 Coordination Starting / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) / Educating People With Visual Impairments (blind);how Useful Is It To Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by fweshh(m): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
Good day folks, have been deliberating on writing another o'level exam after i got my neco result in 2012 which i did excellently well by copping 9 credits out of 9 subjects, tho am yet to gain admision into any college after writing jamb 3 times(would have been 4 if i had taken this years form but i sey make i rest small lol). now my major plight is the rumour am accustomed to since high school days which is "NECO can only be used in Nigeria" they say its recognition is only restricted to our country and its not recognised in any other country even in other parts of west africa. now rumours hovering arround about FG wanting to scrap NECO just geared up my decision to pick up waec form next year, so how useful is NECO outside Nigeria?
Re: How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by greatnaija01: 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
fweshh:
Good day folks, have been deliberating on writing another o'level exam after i got my neco result in 2012 which i did excellently well by copping 9 credits out of 9 subjects, tho am yet to gain admision into any college after writing jamb 3 times(would have been 4 if i had taken this years form but i sey make i rest small lol). now my major plight is the rumour am accustomed to since high school days which is "NECO can only be used in Nigeria" they say its recognition is only restricted to our country and its not recognised in any other country even in other parts of west africa. now rumours hovering arround about FG wanting to scrap NECO just geared up my decision to pick up waec form next year, so how useful is NECO outside Nigeria?

From the full meaning of NECO it's easy to know that it's restricted to Nigeria only... The from the full meaning of WAEC it's clear to see its has no boundaries.
Re: How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Oga it depends...both waec and neco. Are both SSCE...the. Onus lies on the school...so check first with the school first..I know someone who used NECO result for his undergradute studies in germany....so ask first!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by kellyboo: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2016
greatnaija01:

From the full meaning of NECO it's easy to know that it's restricted to Nigeria only... The from the full meaning of WAEC it's clear to see its has no boundaries.
Mr man don't say what you do not know...u re talking base on assumption and assumption is the lowest level of knowledge .
If I should go by your claims WAEC has no boundary..is west Africa world Africa? Don't just post anything you think please.

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by greatnaija01: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2016
kellyboo:

Mr man don't say what you do not know...u re talking base on assumption and assumption is the lowest level of knowledge .
If I should go by your claims WAEC has no boundary..is west Africa world Africa? Don't just post anything you think please.

I speak from experience and you should know that too. I I studied abroad Westhampton University and that's what I was told by my friends there before I could apply. Don't reply
Re: How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 6:58am On Jun 30, 2016
greatnaija01:

I speak from experience and you should know that too. I I studied abroad Westhampton University and that's what I was told by my friends there before I could apply. Don't reply
oga that's ur school...a lot of schools abroad accept NECO...better schools!!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Never Knew That Lion's Also Eat Grass Till I Saw It With My Eyes. See Why / Fce Akoka And Fce Osiele Post Utme / Is ASUU Strike Still On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.