Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? (1429 Views)

Poll: The Man Or Wife?Who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged?

Husband: 90% (9 votes)
Wife: 10% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by KDK(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2006
In your opinion, who should be the first to die when a couple is aged and ripe for eternal rest? Is it the man or the wife?

In my opinion I think the woman should die first 'because the man is stronger and will able to bear the pain of his loss and he'd be able to shower the wife with love as she lies on her death bed ready to "crossover".
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Oracle(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2006
They should die together
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by mukina2: 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2006
@oracle thanks dear

@kdk woman die first do you know what that means?
i lost my mum not too long ago and my dad looks like a shadow of his self he's just trying to be strong for me . .but i can see it hurt him so much . .
a woman holds the home together . .she's the lifeline in the home . .the one the kids are closer to . .so let them die alone . .if one goes before the other thats a problem for the kids you know
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by 4Play(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2006
I will prefer to die first. That way I won't have to deal with the trauma of losing my wife .Let her deal with it
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by feelgood(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2006
Me first. And that's how hv should be.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by harvey(m): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2006
let Gods' will be done.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by English1(f): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2006
What a strange question undecided
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Eurphoria(f): 3:25am On Nov 27, 2006
very strange indeed cheesy who should die first? there is no should when it comes to someone's time, when you gotta go , you gotta go.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by sammyjl(f): 10:03am On Nov 28, 2006
That is not for you to decide, but God. Keep your opinion to yourself at this point.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2006
@sammyjl

abeg tell them my sister ohhh lipsrsealed
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by bluehorizo(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2008
They should both die at same time. That is why i don't like the film "Titanic".
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
abeg make God call both of them d same day
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Emma4u2c(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2008
In your opinion, who should be the first to die when a couple is aged and ripe for eternal rest? Is it the man or the wife?

In my opinion I think the woman should die first 'because the man is stronger and will able to bear the pain of his loss and he'd be able to shower the wife with love as she lies on her death bed ready to "crossover".

Dear forget it you have no choice here, talking about strength, women have more strength to survive disaster than men, studies have shown that. Don't let our macho nature deceive you.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Scopium: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2008
[size=13pt]@ poster
No offence, your dad and mum if they are still alive who do you want to die first?
[/size]
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by algood(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2008
what a question!

we all owe death,and we all dont know when we are going to die,

so i dont think that decision of who dies first is ours to chose.
as this yoruba adage says( bo se wu eledumare lo se ise, ko se ni ti o la ba du)

anyone can go first, at there appropriate time.

but if all things being equal, i think its better for men to leave the stage before woman, women holds the house together and can also remain a widower before God call them home,
if it is the other way round, the man after mourning his loss can decide to remarry because of lonliness and by doing that we all know the end result will be a catastophe
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Zaria17: 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2008
Good try KDK, you only want her to kick the bucket before you - so you have the opportunity to take a young bride.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by lukrauf(m): 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2008
Who says so?
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Zandra1(f): 1:43am On Apr 26, 2008
If men where God. . . . . . . undecided
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by wendymanda: 1:53am On Apr 26, 2008
What the hell kind of question is this?
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Lady2(f): 3:35am On Apr 26, 2008
na wa o. nothing wey my eye neva see for this forum shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by elizabetta(f): 4:23pm On May 07, 2008
God's wish.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Spermdrops(m): 12:53pm On May 08, 2008
Why don't we just kill both of them since it is in our power to do so. That way we do not have to bother who will be "stronger" in the even of loss.

What a topic!

I am sure some spouses are happier with the other dead to celebrate their long desired freedom.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by vivaladiva(f): 6:31pm On May 08, 2008
let the GUN decide
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by idrismuna: 3:34pm On May 14, 2008
It doesn't make any sense when I hear pple die after their spouse's death (e.g Bola Ige and his wife). Did anyone tell them they will meet eachother again in heaven and start a new life together again? Abegi every man for im own. God is the only one that knows when a man will die. My mom is late. But my dad is still very much alive with his new wife. ( He is over 80 now). Yeah he got a new wife after his wife's death. I'm not bothered about that.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by yemivictor: 4:00pm On May 14, 2008
Hmmm . . . dis wan wey nairalanders don dey hijack God hin decision, i tire o! undecided
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Bosiano(f): 12:38pm On May 21, 2008
Please, never pray death for either of them, cos' both of them are very much important in our lifes.

I lost my both parents 4 years ago, very painful. The plans they had for us was not filfulled before the owner of their lifes took it. It's so sad and painful. cos' we are too young to be an orphan.

My prayer is that God in his infinite mercy shall prevent our parents from untimely death. AMEN
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by coolier(f): 3:00pm On May 21, 2008
Bosiano:

Please, never pray death for either of them, because' both of them are very much important in our lifes.

I thought poster said "when they are aged and ripe for eternal rest". No matter how much one loves them, one cannot pray for them to be immortal.

And I would think the father should go first, leaving the mother to take care of things as usual.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by okenwa(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2008
@ poster

it's a question not in our power to make
I grew up an ophan. . . .a real ophan, now 26+
i was the fifth child, 3 years and my immediate younger brotheer was 3 months old when mum died, aldeady Dad died 6 months earlier. . . . imagine life thereafter?
its been  cry  cry  cry  cry all through.

loosing eigther of them first should not be the question here.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by okenwa(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2008
@ poster

it's a question not in our power to make
I grew up an ophan. . . .a real ophan
i was the fifth child, 3 yrs and my immediate younger brotheer was 3 months old when mum died, aldeady Dad died 6 months earlier. . . . imagine life thereafter?
its been  cry  cry  cry  cry all through.

loosing eigther of them first should not be the question here.
Re: The Man Or Wife?who Should Die 1st When A Couple Is Aged? by Godalone(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2008
Man should go first

(1) (Reply)

Parents Hooking You Up With Rich Family Friends Child To Marry,what Would You Do / 23 Years Old Nigeria Musician Joins 62 Years Old Wife In U.S / Does He Owe His Aunt An Apology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.