Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

More Nigerians To Make ITTF Ranking List Falana Tobi - Nigeria Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / More Nigerians To Make ITTF Ranking List Falana Tobi - Nigeria Today (388 Views)

'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland' / Nigerian Tennis International Aruna Quadri Now 21st In Latest ITTF Ranking / Rio 2016: ITTF To Honour Segun Toriola For His 7th Olympic Appearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Nigerians To Make ITTF Ranking List Falana Tobi - Nigeria Today by kelvin123456(m): 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
With the performance of some Nigerian players in the last ITTF Premier Lotto Nigeria Open may aided the entrance of the players into the latest world ranking to be released by the world table tennis ruling body this week.
Top among the Nigerian players that his name will be inked on the list is Tobi Falana who , beyond all odds , made it to the last 16 of the men ’ s singles as a qualifier after causing an upset in the main draw ( round of 32 ) .
To be among the top 16 elite stars in the men ’s singles event, Falana bundled out number 15 seed, Ghana ’ s Felix Lartey 9 - 11 , 5 - 11 ,11 - 8 , 17 - 15 , 11 - 9, 13 - 11 (4 - 2 ) .
Falana however, met his Waterloo against the eventual champion , Finland’s Benedek Olah but the young Nigerian told NationSport , “ I think this is the best achievement for me especially making it to the last 16 of an ITTF World Tour . I am hoping that I can make the world ranking list this year , ” he said .
Also , Ahmed Bello , who after battling from the preliminary to make it to the main draw had an easy ride to the main last 16 after walking over Morocco ’s Mounaim Tirselt .
There are indications that the winner of the 2016 ITTF Premier Lotto Nigeria Open , Benedek Olah will move up the ranking table .
Listed at no . 149 on the Men’ s World Rankings at the start of the year in January , Benedek Olah is presently named at a career high figure of no . 74 and is now surely destined to

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Video: Cristiano Ronaldo Missed A Late Penalty As Portugal Stumbled To A 0-0 Dra / Greenland Free Trial/roll Over Plan / Not Just Break The Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.