Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos (3490 Views)

Is Smart Cab Nigeria The Latest Big Thing In Ride-hailing In Nigeria? / Tales Of A Law Student - My Experience In Court / My Experience In Ikj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Ekiti360(m): 2:15am On Jun 08, 2016
As much as I am a technology enthusiast, I am a total late adopter of Uber. My apathy stemmed from the huge backlash and unending negative publicity they seemed to attract virtually everywhere. And the repeated attack on girls in India allegedly by Uber drivers didn't help enamour the company to me in any way.

But you see, driving everyday in Lagos can be very tiring. Every once in a while, you just want to kick back and be driven through the various traffic bottlenecks. So I recently had a brainwave and decided to try Uber.

I'd had the app on my phone since forever, so I opened it up and ordered an UberX. As soon as I pressed the finish button, my phone rang.

It was my Uber driver calling to say he was on his way. I thought, really? It took him a while to arrive and I was starting to think I should have just gone out and hailed a cab on the road o, hian! My patience is a work in progress project, lol.

In less than 30 minutes, my Uber had arrived: very clean 2007 Toyota Camry, sharply dressed driver, airconditioner on point, yezzir!

As he drew out of my driveway, he politely asked me how my day was, what music I'd like to listen to or if I'd prefer news instead. And then the trump card; 'ma, there is wifi in the car if you would like to connect'... what!!! Yes please!

By the time I connected my phone to the guy's wifi, I'd become a total Uber convert. I can't wait to take my next ride.

Try it and thank me later!

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/06/my-uber-ride-experience-in-lagos.html

Lalasticlala Ishilove Fynestboi seun

Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 08, 2016
I completely forgot it was available in Lagos. Omoh, my Lagos waka don set.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by phayvoursky(m): 7:20am On Jun 08, 2016
IN NO TIME RITUALISTS WILL ADOPT THIS METHOD COS PASSENGERS WILL ALWAYS COME TO THEM.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Lautechgossip(m): 8:10am On Jun 08, 2016
phayvoursky:
IN NO TIME RITUALISTS WILL ADOPT THIS METHOD COS PASSENGERS WILL ALWAYS COME TO THEM.

Lols. You have a Point.
But why did u think as a Ritualist at the first instance.
Are you one?

1 Like

Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by phayvoursky(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lautechgossip:

Lols. You have a Point. But why did u think as a Ritualist at the first instance. Are you one?
THE BIBLE SAID WE SHOULDN'T BE IGNORANT OF THE DEVICES OF THE WICKED.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by dtruthshallcome: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Please I need direct Lagos office contact of Uber Taxi service. if possible, direct phone number.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
OP how much are Uber paying you for promoting them?

Uber business model is built on tricking their drivers into working for virtually nothing and by the time new drivers realise it is a bad deal, they would have invested too much money to immediately quit.

If you do take an Uber please tip you driver massively.

Uber's business model of impoverishing their drivers is flawed and eventually they would crash and burn; they are constantly struggling to get new drivers which is why they are planning to get driverless cars. However that option will be far costlier than getting unsuspecting drivers to drive their own cars almost for free.

Uber would not last another 3-4 years mark my word.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Huskyfrancis(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Create healthy revenue streams with your with your car! You need to read this if:
You have cars 2006 model and above in your garage and you still complain of being broke. You can make as huge as forty thousand naira (40,000) weekly.
You don’t have a job but you still have access to a car 2006 model and above. You can make as huge as hundred thousand naira (100,000) weekly.
You have valid driver’s license and you need a decent private driving job that flexible and rewarding. You can make as huge as Fifty Thousand Naira (50,000)
You have access to cars and you don’t know how to turn them to revenue. You can join us to make decent revenues from your opportunities.
You live abroad and you want to invest in Nigeria, our platform is transparent enough as you can track your weekly earning and get paid weekly.
Krit Balsa Intercontinental Limited runs a fleet management services that provide solutions to the challenges the investors in transportation business face in Nigeria. Our platform with Uber Nigeria is transparent, flexible and sustainable. You can track your investment and be certain you are covered.
We also provide services for those who are having challenges onboarding with Uber either as a driver or as a car owner. In 3 working days, we will onboard your cars.

Talk to Folu:
Mobile/WhatsApp: 08038243730
Email: folu_mgtwworld@yahoo.com
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by hussein1586: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
Use this code to get free ride:
[size=24pt]husseinh1055ue[/size]
you are welcome .....
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Cihegie(m): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello guys my name is Curtis Ihegie, i am about to lunch my online ride sharing app called OMOZI. what is OMOZI? OMOZI is an online ride sharing app that connect people with drivers at a cheap and affordable prices. the awesome thing about OMOZI is that, customers get 0.13 percent off whenever they use OMOZI. weekend 0.14 percent off. using OMOZI riders will be able to save alot of cash. OMOZI is going to be fully functional on JUNE 1 2017. The app and website is still under construction. check out our website www.omoziride.com...my email curtisihegie13@gmail.com

Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by ak22(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
ok watching
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Abudu2000(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2017
GenBuhari:

Uber business model is built on tricking their drivers into working for virtually nothing and by the time new drivers realise it is a bad deal, they would have invested too much money to immediately quit.

Uber's business model of impoverishing their drivers is flawed and eventually they would crash and burn; they are constantly struggling to get new drivers which is why they are planning to get driverless cars. However that option will be far costlier than getting unsuspecting drivers to drive their own cars almost for free.

lol, in your head I guess or perhaps u meant it won't last in Nigeria, but uber has been in first world countries for more than that, and its still gaining audience.....so my brother fix ur country and don't blame it on uber
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Chydobe: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2019
UBER APP DOWNLOAD: Currently, Uber is one of the most convenient, reliable, and even less expensive way to pick and drop you at your locations.
All you need to do is, tap a button on your smartphone, and you are able to hire a ride to pick and convey you at your destination.

The Uber app technology has made rides very safe and private. You are able to go through the profile of the drivers you wish to hire, and also, Uber has a 24/7 customer support feature. So you have nothing to worry about. All you need is to complete the UBER APP DOWNLOAD and installation process on your smartphone, and you are good.

Click on link below to continue reading:

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/09/09/uber-app-download-apk-download-free-uber-app%e2%94%82how-to-use-uber-app/
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Winnerrrr(m): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
GenBuhari:

Lol, unfortunately jokes on you, Uber still stands.
Re: My Uber Ride Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
I haven't paid any attention to the rideshare industry for years, but I am quite sure that the only reason they may still be in business is if they have have changed their business model of exploiting their drivers, or they are unnecessarily continuing to run a non-profitable business with massive losses
Winnerrrr:

Lol, unfortunately jokes on you, Uber still stands.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Take On Women in Trousers / Have You Been Fooled Today? / Diary Of A Depressed Shy Girl :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.