Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Deshauna Barber - The New Miss Usa 2016 Is A Black Girl - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Deshauna Barber - The New Miss Usa 2016 Is A Black Girl (543 Views)

When Do The Clocks Change? Here’s Why 2016 Is A Special Year!! / Miss Green And White Nigeria Beauty Pageant 2016 Is On! / Crowned Miss USA 2016 And The Intrigue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deshauna Barber - The New Miss Usa 2016 Is A Black Girl by Akinonnairaland(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2016
Deshauna Barber from District Of Columbia is the new Miss USA 2016 beauty queen beating out fifty-one other contestants and will go on to represent America at the Miss Universe pageant.

For those who watched LIVE on Sunday, It was clear to see that it wasn’t just Miss District of Columbia’s beauty and poise that afforded her the crown; it was her powerful message of strength and ability.

“As a woman in the United States Army, I think it was an amazing job by our government to allow women to integrate to every branch of the military,” Barber asserted when asked about the military’s ability to continue performing at the highest level now that the Pentagon has opened all combat positions to women.
“We are just as tough as men. As a commander of my unit, I am powerful; I am dedicated, and it is important that we recognize that gender does not limit us in the United States Army,” she assured.

Barber secured her crown and title, winning first place over Miss Georgia (Emanii Davis) and runner up Miss Hawaii (Chelsea Hardin) with her captivating final question response.

“To me confidently beautiful means it’s not always about your appearance,” Barber answered. “Serving in the military has taught me that being confidently beautiful is about being able to earn respect from people regardless of what you look like.”
“As a woman in the military, people associate beauty with weakness,” she continued, “and they learn very quickly that I’m extremely strong. And although I’m small, I’m powerful. Confidently beautiful is being myself and being very happy with who I’ve become.”

Miss USA 2106, Deshauna Barber, will go on to compete in the Miss Universe pageant.

Congratulations Miss USA!

SOurce
http://www.nigeriarumours.com/2016/06/deshauna-barber-new-miss-usa-2016-is.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deshauna Barber - The New Miss Usa 2016 Is A Black Girl by Thatitan234(m): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2016
And she serves in the US Army?? shocked

Proudly Black
Proudly Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

See The Funny Tweet Someone Made After Stephen Keshi's Death / 16-6-16 / When U Catch The Rat That Eats Ur Documents Lolz...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.