Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,120 members, 7,863,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Northern Muslims And The Cluture Of Babarism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslims And The Cluture Of Babarism (445 Views)

Leave General T.Y. Dajuma Alone - Femi Fani-kayode Warns Northern Muslims / Stop Defending Islam, Let Allah Defend Himself!Ganduje Lambasts Northern Muslims / Northern Muslims And The Cluture Of Babarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Northern Muslims And The Cluture Of Babarism by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2016
We all woke up just recently and met the news of a woman who was beheaded for insluting Mohammed the prophet of Islam.
A lot a reactions followed the incidence with some reactions leaving us with uttermost shock. Some muslims openly supported
the beheading with even some quoting thier holy book to support such assertion. It reminds of two incidence which I have
witnessed in real life.

One is the incidence that took place while I was serving in Kano state. Two juveniles, one a christian and the other a muslim were aguing over religion. The agument got heated and insults followed up. The muslim guy told the christiain that they do not worship God.
They go to church to dance to wordly tunes and make meriment. He told him their worship is simply false.
The christian guy in retaliation told him that they do not worship God. They attend mosques to do physical exercise.
They excersize to stretch their waists and also their arms. To my greatest shock, the muslim guy took offence and
raised alarm that the christian juvenile has insulted that prophet and other accusations.The crowd gathered, ready
to set the christian boy ablaze despite plea from the juvenile and we christians around. It took the intervaention of
a matured muslim man who witnessed the incidence also that explained to the crowd that the boy is innocent and
that he never insulted the prophet before the crowd dispersed. To my uttermost shock, nobody even dare slap the accuser.
They all just left one after the other. I felt gooze pimple all over my body. Imagining myself in the christian juvenile's shoe.
My God! what manner of babarism is this? Is this how an innocent boy would have been wasted?.

Even in Saudi arabia, those accused of blasphemy are meant to go through courts and justice passed before they are killed.
Who on earth is very shure that the woman beheaded was not simply set up? Where was she tried? Which competenet
court of law passed judgement on her? Even Judaism which preceeds Islam allow for judgement before condenmnation.
If not I remember how the bibilical Susan was set up in the bible. But the process of judgement freed her.

Secondly, a similar incidence took place in One-man village, a town in Nasrawa state. After friday prayers, muslims
were coming out of a mosque when someone raised alarm of a thief. To my greatest shock, these faithfuls without
asking much questions grabbed the thief, started beating him and even took him into their mosque. I wondered what
would be the reaction of their imam. They were preparing to burn him alive before the police arrived, threw tear gas
and rescued him. I began to reason what a Reverend father's reaction would look like if catholics could attempt such in a catholic church.

Having witnessed these two incidents, it leaves me with a lot of imaginations. Do these people know how much the blood of the innocent cries before God? How come yoruba muslims are more civilized than the northerm muslims? How come the north suffer abject poverty, abject violence and abject diseses? Why is it that despite holding power for a long time in Nigerian history, the north still remain the most backward part of Nigeria? Do these people even know that there is a consequence for all actions? This is not meant to insult any section of the country but my beleif is that something urgently need to be done to re-educate the north on their religion. I have met a lot of good muslims and come to conclusion that illiteracy plays a high role on the bad images that some fetch their religion. How on earth will anybody in mordern century support the mob action that caused the death of the woman accused of blasphemy? Are you sure she is guilty?
Please let us learn to be civilized as this is the only way we can show the beauty of our religions.

The day of reckoning will surely come. Rest in peace woman but those involved in your death must surely pay for their sins.
Shalom

(1) (Reply)

June 12 Wrong Side North Did To The West, Still They Dont Learn / Times Are Hard, Nigerians Are Groaning, Buhari Is Working – Oyegun / Nigeria’s Democracy Rickety, Adulterated, Say Falana, Akinfeleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.