Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord (882 Views)

4 Female Fans Propose Love To Mayorkun As One Wishes To Marry Him (Pics, Video) / Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far / Davido Gave His Used Cloths To Mayorkun, His Newly Signed Artiste- Fans (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord by ohmeighzah: 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
I wanted to argue with you but then I realized how much of a waste of ones time it would have been, considering you called the beat wack...

So I'm just gonna start out the facts.

Honestly bro, I don't really blame you... No pun intended but you don't like the beat because you are not familiar with the diversity of afro medleys. This is because of either of these three reasons:

- You have not been following Nigerian Music from the early 2010s
- You are not a Nigerian music lover, better still you are not a music enthusiast
- No vex o but You obviously cannot be a Music Producer

Mayorkun to me, is like the missing jigsaw that HKN have been in dire need of, in order to blend their sounds and support the "groggy voiced superstar" bad vocal influence on the label. I had the opportunity of watching the instagram video that prompted his signage to HKN and my first thought was that "Finally, HKN is getting in a real musician". The manner at which he plays the piano is not all that great but how much musical instrument knowledge does an average Nigerian artist knows, let's not even talk about an average Nigerian artist. How much does the A List artist know: Baba Nla, OBO and Baddo?, to list but a few. So yes, Mayorkun is a big deal, I would have compared his abilities to that of Tekno but to my knowledge he's not a music producer
Re: Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord by ohmeighzah: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mayorkun vocals combines Wizkid and Kiss Daniels prowess. The manner at which he was able to keep up with the high octave synth medleys after the intro melody is pure genius considering he did that blending some really catchy Yoruba lyrics with some captivating English phrases dey burst my head, big time!!

I knew that this guy was a natural in the second hook of dat Eleko, I mean this guy literally went off the norm by refusing to stick with the former hook. Not that he changed much in the hook/bridge but the way he chipped in "Ako le mi Mr. Adewale" is too good. My God! that part was heaven.

To be continued...
Re: Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord by ohmeighzah: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
I'm not going to talk about the chorus because we are children that should be told what is good from bad. The chorus of Eleko are like the lubricating oil of the engine of the tune. I mean I started singing along to that fire after the 3rd hearing. Its almost as catchy as YoungJohn produced " Bobo". Undebatably, amazing!

As a Music Producer, the part I'm most emotionally ecstatic about is your opinion on the beat.
Heavy Props to Puffy T, not just because he is from festac but for the fact that he has worked so hard to still remain relevant in the game considering Puffy T is as old as Don Jazzy in the game.

Now, this beat is exactly what (MI x The Box) told all Nigerian Artist and Producers to be apply in their craft.
This beat is not your conventional Afro Pop (Shizzi, Del B, Coublon, Masterkraft or even Baba himself, Donjazzy produced tune), this one is a typical example of a DJ Breezy, Sarz or even DJ Mustard produced tune, in the sense that they kill the beat by just using two or three melodies and conventional drums through out the song and the tune ends up being a problem to the game! It is undoubtedly "out of the box" that's why a "box restricted, ill-learned, self acclaimed music lover" feels the beat is not great...

The intro firstly is made up of a well composed arrangement of heavy plucky percussive sound like somtyn from Tekno x Duro, that intro medley is so catchy that you can almost identify it is Mayorkun x Eleko from a distance where u can't hear the song clearly, that's the one of the importance of a good intro in music production. Then we have those high octave synths to support his vocals in the chorus and verse, let's not even talk about the chord progressions on the "Ori iya mi eleko" chorus... Beat is 78% dope!

Big ups to SukaSounds for being able to compress those heavy plucks and still leave so much details for the listeners! Puffy T did an amazing work putting Mayorkun through in what he thinks is best for the beat because I have listened to his former tunes produced by Fliptyce and you know this is not really Mayorkuns style but you won't know because he's that versatile
Re: Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord by ohmeighzah: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lemme just drop this, this banger was produced after DMW signed him. I did my little walk around and what I found out was out of this world (Only Baba Nla himself has done that, when a fan asked him to do a freestyle to Popcaan's Only Man She Wants and the king dished, an amazing piece in the wake of the moro).
Back to Mayorkun, between that date he signed for DMW and the date of the release of Eleko by the label is just 3days, so literally, with the mad pressure from both label and HKN fans to deliver, my guy wrote and recorded this track in three days.

Let that one sink!!!

My verdict
Lyrics: 80%
Beat & Audio engineering: 82%
Average KPI: 81%

Written by "Twitter: @Joe_wiii"
Re: Reply To "Mayorkun Eleko Is The Worst Song Of 2016 So Far" By @iamsynord by 2dice01: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
oh boy even african queen by 2face no get hype like this

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Photo? / Footballer Obafemi Martins Shares Cute Photos Of His Stylish Son / Munachi Abii Shows Off Curves SEXY Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.