Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change (737 Views)

Refusal to Sign 2016 Budget: An Affront on Our Collective Sensibility. / Boko Haram: Our Collective Curse - Detective Krojo. / Boko Haram Will Soon Know The Strength Of Our Collective Will - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change by Nasman(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
Chapter closed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change by rexel99: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
What is this one saying??

1 Like

Re: Change by kenny987(f): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
rexel99:
What is this one saying??

Good question! The writer is an obvious product of quota system education that promotes him n his kind just by reason of state of origin to make up numbers without any form of merit or even average intelligence.

Who is a 'collective barbarian' with him kwanu?

3 Likes

Re: Change by vanbonattel: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Change by vanbonattel: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
In case you are still ignorant after so much education, let me break it down in simple English.

The south of Nigeria finds it terribly nauseating, for northerners to drive their cattle into people's villages, trampling on their crops and polluting their streams. Raping their women or causing other forms of mischief which people from the south consider an abomination, especially when the north still support the act covertly. The very Nigerian army is used to provide cover for the vicious crimes and hold down the communities anytime they plan to retaliate.

The president is completely insensitive to the various complaints, his body language is that of someone who enjoys the news and is inching to join the cattle rearers to commit more havoc. We find it barbaric that some regions still support open herding where cow poo and did ease are thrown on the road as against the civilized practice off ranching.

Another thing we find as outrageously barbaric is the habit of the north to draw a knife and slaughter anyone that provokes them without recourse to the laid down procedures of reporting to the police. We also find it crude that in spite of the Constitution which all the government officials from the north swore to protect, they still supervise a crude culture where citizens behead other citizens in broad daylight.

This is the crux of the problem, not the confused write up you did up there.

5 Likes

Re: Change by blackmatter007: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
This nigga didn't say shitt! I couldn't place my head on exactly the point he was driving at, he wrote like a kid who learnt new words and wanted to brag about his new knowledge by writing an essay.

Northerners are quotarized humans no doubts

Nasman:
Our Collective Barbarism

Its not for any joy that I have to state the gory obvious, it's to challenge a wrong rhetoric of monopolized barbarism in Nigeria. For those who don't know, let them know. And for the Northern bigots who have never crossed River Niger and the southern empty heads who haven't seen beyond River Benue but still authoritatively report what they don't know at the other end, let them know that hatred never changes fact. As Obama said "it's just not cool to not know about what you are saying". It's just boring, and irritating.

How much do you know Nigeria? Do you know more than a southern Nigerian elderly woman I met here in Kaduna recently who called all Northerners (myself inclusive) nomads that kill for their animals? Or much better than a Kaduna kid who wondered how I am a Muslim and a corps member at the same time. Certainly another stupid adult concluded that Islam is ethnic and in the North only and since most corps members serving in the North are from South, all of them can't be Muslims. Unfortunately that was uploaded to the boy's young brain. Nonsense.

Back to what we all share most- violence. And barbarism. It's a simple law of nature that humans find what they see, hear, feel, experience, or do frequently normal. The problem with law of attraction (another indispensable order) is it doesn't discriminate. As such kicking an animal, slapping an innocent kid, beating helpless wife and using any weapon on another human being will all transmit same signal in the brain i.e. Violence. And as this happens again and again, it turns normal to the society. Then it grows, into merciless beating with sticks, then cutting knife, then shooting with gun, then mass killing with bomb.

Kidnapping. Suicide bombing. Armed robbery. Cultism. Jungle justice. Lynching. Domestic violence. Rape. Do they have differences? Or are they peculiar to one region of the country?

I have even observed how some reactionists among us feel it's their duty to share a story of rape or kidnapping of it is reported from "the other" part of the country. Haha. Which difference will that make? Will sharing a story of sexual abuse by an Enugu pastor change NDLEA report of high drug abuse in Kano (among housewives)? Are we competing for evil?

Are we different from other human beings? No. The so called advanced are such because they are controlled, by law and order. We have laws too. So what happens? Our laws have limit and they select who to punish and what the punishment is depending on phenotypes. And our media, that supposed watchdog, is our greatest misfortune. All groups of humans are controlled by 2 things; conscience and law. We lack both.

Let our shared barbarism not be allocated to one part of the country, ever again. We are collectively ruthless and lawless, it's just that the trigger differs. I am still confused too if collective hunger and ignorance are somewhere in the equation. What I am very sure of is there are less educated and poorer countries that do better in respecting human dignity.

And the solution is simple; law and order. Since we fail to teach our kids to have good conscience or faith in God beyond religious lip service, let few scapegoats go to prison or made to pay huge fine. At least, children will grow learning that if you break traffic rule, you pay fine to government, and not bribe to cops.

By Nasir Faruk
The Executive admin Secretary in Arewa Youths For Change and Empowerment Association.
Re: Change by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
ONYE BUKWANU ONYE ARA
Re: Change by woodboi(m): 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
it is finished... if you don't like further maths and technical drawing don't read this #warning

(1) (Reply)

Violent Protest Going On At University Of Nigeria Enugu Campus / Acting President Osinbajo Presides Over 2day's Federal Executive Meeting(photos) / N’ Delta Avengers: Reps Ask FG To Secure N35.8bn Funding For Amnesty Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.