Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Retirement From Oil &gas Industry. My Heart Is Heavy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Retirement From Oil &gas Industry. My Heart Is Heavy (652 Views)

5 Most Popular Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / Information About The Oil And Gas Industry For Aspiring Professionals / Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Retirement From Oil &gas Industry. My Heart Is Heavy by ItuExchange(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from the oil and gas industry today. When I started this adventure 15 years ago, my classmates at LSU told me I was crazy. They said I would never get any sleep. That was true, sometimes. In return for those sleepless nights I got to: see the sunrise over the beautiful swamps with moss covered trees in south Louisiana, log a well in the middle of a tobacco field, swim in the Rio Grand in south Texas, hunt for pottery and arrow heads in New Mexico in between fracking stages, watch pronghorn antelope drink from my ice chest in Wyoming, and stand alone on the side of the road in Colorado with full moon overhead at 3AM while a heard of 400 elk grazed on the mountainside. These are some of the most magical memories of my life. I think it was worth it.

I have had the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most respectful, and dedicated people in the world. Every once in a while a non oilfield person will ask me something like, "Oh being a girl in that industry I bet you have some horror stories!" No. I don't. Not one. I always felt like I was "ultra protected" by my coworkers. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The last 18 months have been difficult, especially trying to sell in this market. I felt myself dreading every day instead of looking forward to it. I realized it was not fun anymore, and that it was time to do something different. I will forever be great full to Baker Hughes for understanding, and for all they have done for me. It truly was the best company, and the best people I have worked for.

Before you shed a tear for me, you should know that my next adventure is pretty exciting. I'm going to live on an island in the Caribbean. They say I'm crazy. Hell, that worked out pretty good for me the first time around.

Source: https://www./retirement-courtney-doucet?trk=eml-b2_content_ecosystem_digest-recommended_articles-73-null&midToken=AQF1ZKDGT9_qmg&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=0D1692IefEDTg1

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

A Business Opportunity Awaits You.Let's Build A Team Together While Making Money / Robot Structural Analysis Professional Training In Nigeria. 08037916993. / Best Training On Matlab (matrix Laboratory)call:08037916993

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.