Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,328 members, 7,860,810 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter (962 Views)

Obasanjo - ''after Independence Nigeria Had 3 Countries In One'' / If Only Biafra Had The Weapons Nigeria Had And Nigeria Had Biafra Weapons / The Last Outing Of Abacha With Yasir Arafat - In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by omoashy: 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Gumsu Sani Abacha is the eldest daughter of a late Head-of-State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Gen Sani Abacha. Today, June 8 marked the 18th year of the former head-of-state death and she celebrated her dark-goggled dad on Instagram. She posted with his picture:
“18 years since you left us. May aljannah firdaus be your final abode. Amin. ..I miss you everyday with time i see so much of you in me.. never believed when ppl say we look alike...I am proud to be your daughter. I will do everything in my power to uphold our name...you were loving and caring. You always wanted the best for us..and for nigeria. #gallant #infantry #418.”(sic)
Then, she ended with a quote from her father: "power and authority belongs to Allah and only him can decide the future with certainty but absolutely I don't have any intention to perpetuate my self in power"— General Sani Abacha.
After some hours, she posted this with another of his picture:
“Today in History: Gen. Sani Abacha Died After Brief illness. The Abacha administration became the first to record unprecedented economic achievements: he oversaw an increase in the country’s foreign exchange reserves from $494 million in 1993 to $9.6 billion by the middle of 1997, reduced the external debt of Nigeria from $36 billion in 1993 to $27 billion by 1997, brought all the controversial privatization programs of the Babangida administration to halt, reduced an inflation rate of 54% inherited from Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida to 8.5% between 1993 and 1998, all while the nation’s primary commodity, oil was at an average of $15 per barrel.

On June 8, 1998, General Sani Abacha, the then Head of State took ill and died.

http://kemiashefonlovehaven..com

Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by mazimee(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
Nigeria also witnessed the most brutal/terrific reign from your father.
Nigeria's treasury was not left out as it breeds the most during his reign of terror of which his loots are being returned till the day I will get married, have my kids and probably become a Grandpa.
Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by Baawaa(m): 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
Spirit of Abacha is tormenting this girl
Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by Jirate(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
Why Mention Babangida Twice, your Dad benefited a Lot from Him. cool
Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by jumper524(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
plain truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by TheFreeOne: 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
I admired your dad's ingenuity cos he foresaw tomorrow by investing (though illegally) our billions for a rainy day in different countries of the world and which we are still recouping till date.

He's incorruptible and never stole our money.

- Buhari
---------------------------
---------------------------

Had your dad had genuine intentions he would have been an admired leader due to his boldness but his greed for power and our treasury took the better of him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by stevecantrell: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
N80 to 1 USD

Minimum of 10-12 hours light per day.

No wonder they gave him that apple..
Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by MRSALT: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
jumper524:
plain truth
Whst is plain truth here? Dysfunctional mono despotic economy was the best? Mention the economic sector that was fully developed during Abacha regime? Marine?Transport? Telecommunications? Railway? Agriculture? Automobile? Manufacturing? Mention government arm that was functioning during Abacha regime? Politics? Judiciary? Legislation? Civil and Public service? Diplomacy? Foreign missions? Abacha failed himself, family, tribe, nation and even his God.
Re: Nigeria Had The Best Economy During Abacha’s Tenure—daughter by philGeo(m): 12:13am On Jun 09, 2016
Is Abacha in this Government? Why everything suddenly turn about Abacha in this Government?

(1) (Reply)

Sheriff Declares Edo Primary Illegal / REVEALED: How Fayose Allegedly Stole Ekiti Money And Kept In Secret Accounts. / How Britain’s Exit From EU Will Affect Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.