Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students (19031 Views)

Nigerian Man 'Runs Mad' In Togo Beach, Confesses To Money Rituals. Photos/Video / Police Arrest Lady Who Rents Out Guns To Robbers In Cross River State / Man Who Drowned His Brother In Ebonyi State Sent To Prison (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by skywalker001(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
hustla:
I know them personally
They used to sit down beside my department during Cat in 100L and Gst and eds in 300

God bless them cry
God bless who ? The deceased or the managers or the ocean ?
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by skywalker001(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Peacewealth:
they should arrest the ocean as well
Gbam!
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by seunlayi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
When I was twelve years old, I was sent on an errand, I was uncomfortable with the taxi I supposed to board, I Therefore decided to take another which I assuring be safer. Why can't a PG students ask for or check the safety measures that are available before jumping into the sea? Rip to the death and leave the magnt alone

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by mhizdaniella(f): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
momentumzee:
Can someone please explain to me how they're now suspects?
as in ehn! e tire me for all this incompetent Nigerian Police
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by hustla(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
skywalker001:
God bless who ? The deceased or the managers or the ocean ?

Deceased of cos
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by Missmossy(f): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Aww such a painful loss.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by demolagilbert: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
Well i'm not a lawyer, but i really don't think they have a case unless there is currently some legislation to that effect in Nigeria that clearly states that a beach MUST have all the aforementioned services that the deceased parents are suing for..cos even in developed climes there are shark attacks, jelly fish stings at the beach and no beach managements gets sued for that, mostly all you get is some first aid, someone calls 911 and the hospital ambulance comes to pick you up..we dont have emergency response in Nigeria, and quite frankly in my 29 years of existence and visiting beaches in lagos, i have never seen one with a standby ambulance and all that shit. And they did say they were brought out, by a lifeguard i presume..only this lifeguard probably couldnt get to them in time due to the waves and all. Lawyers in the house o'er to you.

PS: i for one know pple can be difficult and stubborn. This case to me is like someone who goes to a game reserve and gets all excited, throws caution to the wind, strays from the rest of the group and find themselves in lion territory, and the lions mauled them before the tour-guide was able to shoot the lions down...the problem wasnt the tour-guide perse, the problem was that they strayed. It pains me when i hear of cases like this, when just a little caution was all that it would have took to save the life.
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by dejavuh0007(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
kaypound:

This is a very insensitive comment and it's shows how inhuman you are. I can't imagine this came out of a living being.....don't people visit the beaches all over the world?....It's a natural recreation place created by nature or God as the case may be...and we all have choices in life to enjoy ourselves anywhere we choose to....that you don't go there doesn't mean those that go there are foolish. It's not your fault sha....Your level of exposure reflects your thinking.
It's unfortunate the ladies are dead and definitely those in charge of the beach should be held accountable because that is their business.....It's not just for them to stand at the gate and collect money. Anything that goes wrong there is liable to the owners of the beach.

Lol. U should be a ranconteur if u still believe the managers r responsible.
Y am I not surprised? Probably because u just made a statement every other neantherdel would have made. I would be pellucid with my comments, the earlier u realise u r responsible for ur actions the better which is propinquity to wisdom and stop making up pseudo stories to back ur claim. And for the one that survived among the ladies I hope she had learnt her lesson and consider herself providential to be given a second chance at life.
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by lamideee(f): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Someone should please tell me is not the Funmi Odusina that I know...oh no,can't hold back tears cry cry RIp Funmi nd Adesola
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by sameolg616(m): 1:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Greenbullet:
naija gals can do frivolous things.am just imaging the position they were in during the wave,E go fit. be selfie.u no sabi swim ,u go ocean very stupid idea,like going to hunt without a gun,@abe free the manager s joor.
thats the useless impression u get from reading silly messages from the media..
she is my younger sister and she was never there to swim...u may be right about the selfie got to close but is that new?
it was just an unfortunate incident...a tide pulled one over and the other tried to save her...maybe a lifeguard would have been useful at that moment.....
as for quizzing the managers....when okocha and kanu Bleep up,who takes the blame...the coach...for he has been charged with the duty and responsibility
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by sameolg616(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2016
lamideee:
Someone should please tell me is not the Funmi Odusina that I know...oh no,can't hold back tears cry cry RIp Funmi nd Adesola
its her....this is gbenga odusina..her brother...u can contact me for the burial details today
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by slysteel: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2016
Reading some comments here clearly shows why Nigeria is a mess today,people don't even know their left from right,abeg for those questioning why the manages were arrested,not only the manager but the owner should be arrested,its standard practice all over the world for beach owners to employ life guards and divers and also have a medic team in house trained in the act of rescue and first aid admininstering,negligence on the part of any business owner that results to a customers death if proven in court can earn you a jail term or damages paid to the next of kin of the dead,wake up people,you must not post comments on issues you know nothing about.
Re: Police Arrest Beach Managers Over Drowned UNILAG Students by lamideee(f): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2016
sameolg616:

its her....this is gbenga odusina..her brother...u can contact me for the burial details today
sorry bro, may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Take heart

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Suspects Including A Woman Caught While Trafficking 56kg Of Marijuana. Photos / Couple Abduct 4-year-old Boy Coming Back From School In Maraba,Nasarawa(pics) / Abule Egba Explosion: Police Arrest 4, Declare Prime Suspect Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.