Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,197 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

What Should I Discuss With My Health Care Team At Each Checkup? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Should I Discuss With My Health Care Team At Each Checkup? (349 Views)

5 Practical Ways To Improve Health Care In Nigeria / Effect Of Bad Economy On Our Health Care System...9ja Doctors' Perspective. / Regular Health(medical) Checkup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Discuss With My Health Care Team At Each Checkup? by easymax: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2016
Below are important things that you should discuss with your health care team at each checkup.

Things to Discuss with Your Health Care Team at Each Checkup Make Sure to…

Blood glucose records and how you check your blood glucose
• Share your blood glucose records. Your health care team will ask to see how you are checking your blood glucose to make sure you are doing it right.
• Mention if you often have low or high blood glucose.

Weight
• Talk about how much you should weigh.
• Talk about ways to reach your weight goal that will work for you.

Blood pressure
• Talk about your blood pressure numbers.

Cholesterol
• Talk about your cholesterol numbers.

Medicines

• Talk about the medicines you are taking. Mention if you are having any problems.
• Ask if you should take a low-dose aspirin every day to lower your risk for heart disease.

Feet
• Ask to have your feet checked for problems.
Physical activity plan
• Talk about what you do to stay active.

Meal plan
• Talk about what you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat Feelings
• Ask about ways to handle stress.
• If you are feeling sad or unable to cope with problems, ask for help.

Smoking
• If you smoke, ask for help with quitting.
Mouth
• If you see signs of problems from diabetes in your mouth, tell your doctor and see your dentist.

Visit: www.helpbeatdiabetes.com for more info or call 08095910059

1 Share

Re: What Should I Discuss With My Health Care Team At Each Checkup? by Michaelanapuwa(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Own Facebook(social Network) / DETOXIFICATION 1 / 5 Tip On How To Beat Summer Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.