Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

An Open Letter To Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi, Director SPS, UNILORIN. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi, Director SPS, UNILORIN. (838 Views)

Abdulraufu Mustapha Dies After Battling Cancer / Maryam Muhammed Graduates With First Class Honours In Law From London University / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi, Director SPS, UNILORIN. by advocatebiyi: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
An open letter to Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi, Director of Unilorin School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South LGA. Ilorin. Kwara State.
With deep sense of purpose and total humility, coupled with disappointment heart, I write this open letter to Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi (son of ICPC pioneer chairman) to have a change of mind as regard the new directive giving to students to vacate their present hostel (which they have paid for) and moved to hostels in care of the “director” which is yet to be filled up, failure of which might led to their expulsion.
It is a well known fact that the past few months was a big tussle of war between Landlords and the director reflection of which is now having negative impact on the students as some of them cannot concentrate on their studies because they live in fear of what their faith would be at the end of the day.
Considering the situation in the country presently, one would not expect a student that pay #,10,000.00 for application form, #10,000.00 for acceptance fee, #90, 000.00 for school fee and another #5,000.00 for caution fee (this is a federal school for God sake) to be denial admission simply because he/she cannot afford to pay for school accommodation that range from #30,000.00 to #45,000.00 per head while they will be four in a room compare to one they can secure with #15,000.00 to #20,000 per head elsewhere. The point I am trying to proof here is that the students and their parent are not to blame but the downturn the economy of the country is passing through, some parents are yet to received four to five months salary arrears and they only find solace in renting hostel for their wards in private hostel where they can owe house rent for a while before making payment compare to school hostel where they will be require to pay ought rightly.
I rightly believe that the present government led by President Muhammed Buhari is aware of the hardship the citizens are passing through presently and he will not be in support of policy that will objurgate but rather than the one that will exonerate them burden of current economy recession. Having wrote all these, I hope that action will be taken in no time and I appeal to you to embrace the slogan of the present government, CHANGE!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Prof. Muhammed Mustapha Akanbi, Director SPS, UNILORIN. by TSO4U: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Self-acclaimed-privatization. So sad and bad! In the civil society. Where are the men of consciences? One of those things that baffles me is when 'still' the rich is battling-draining the poor. sad

(1) (Reply)

GRE Whatsapp Group / Lady Slept With Lecturer For Good Grade, What She Planned To Do After Failing / Jamb UTME 2017 Regiatration Payment Plus Other Jamb Services Option Now On Qickt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.