Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Disabilities Minister Said He Has Reached A Deal To Undo Cuts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disabilities Minister Said He Has Reached A Deal To Undo Cuts (356 Views)

Nigeria Is On Autopilot. See What A Minister Said Concerning Data Price Increase / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / The Truth Is What The Minister Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disabilities Minister Said He Has Reached A Deal To Undo Cuts by akelicious(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Finian McGrath says extra money is to be given to the Department of Social Protection, bringing it back to €1,700 a year.The cut in the 2013
Budget was one of the most controversial acts of austerity imposed by the last government.The minister also says he has secured €31m in extra funding for the disabilities sector this year, to deal with several issues including so-called "emergency cases".Mr McGrath said: "When I talk about emergency cases, I'm talking about adults with intellectual disabilitiesin their 40s and 50s whose parents are dying or dead or into their 80s and 90s.It will also cover costs incurred from compliance with national residential standards and services provided to meet the changing needs of people with disabilities.
Read more at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/06/disabilities-minister-said-he-has.html#more

Re: Disabilities Minister Said He Has Reached A Deal To Undo Cuts by Naijacitizen(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
I was overjoyed on the headline. Thinking it is a Nigerian thing. Alas! When I click the thread, I was disappoint.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Pdp Inaugurates Ad-hoc Committees / ★ Aisha Buhari Take Responsibility For Child Born With Heart Outside His Body / New Niger Delta Militant "Niger Delta Avengers" Agree To Dialogue With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.