Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School (34218 Views)

Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK / History Produces First Class In University Of Calabar (Photos) / Mobolaji Emmanuel Ologede Gets Scholarship For Graduating Top Of His Class In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by hayzee545(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
According to an OLUMO ONLINE reader who sent in this story, the school named Brotherhood Secondary is located in Ibesikpo Asuntan LGA of Akwa Ibom state.

The source who pleaded anonymity claimed to have visited the school on a rainy day, and was shocked after seeing the helpless students trying move away from the water-logger area of the class.

This is a call to authority in Akwa Ibom to look into this, as a matter of urgency, as this leaders of tomorrow do not deserve to learn in this kind of environment.

More photos below:

Source : https://olumoonline.com/2016/06/08/photos-akwa-ibom-school-where-students-learn-in-a-water-logged-class/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
The government of akwa ibom has done much in the area of infrastructure.

They miar diversify and address education and entrepreneurship in the state. I think they need both most now.

Projects like ibaka deep sea port can hold on, paucity of funds.would have generated more money than the stadium built in uyo In my opinions undecided

Udom come and see your school.

Lalasticlala embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by wasco24: 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
That looks like an abadoned structure

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by deebsman1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
#Shame, In spite of all the monies the Niger delta states have been collecting since the Obasanjo's administration.

13% derivation is there, NDDC is there, Royalties by big MNOCs are there o, many many more like that, yet they have nothing to show for it.

Instead of the pipu in the region to 1st hold their immediate leaders from the local govt, to the state and regional levels responsible, those wu have been diverting billions of dollars meant for the development of the region, they prefer to always shifting the blame to the central govt, wu in all fairness might not been doing enuff but its actually trying, compared to what the respective state govt's in the ND r doing.

With the kind of allocations and special consideration ND states get, they don't have any problem with underdevelopment when it's compared to their peers from other regions in the country, Akwa Ibom with its less than 2m population collects more FG allocation than Lagos with its 21 million pipu. #fact

What is even the landmass and population of many states in the Niger delta, something very minute undecided

Instead they will cum here beefing Lagos whose thru the visionary leadership of its own leaders, is constantly moving forward. Try to hear me well, am not saying that a Tinubu is not a thief o but he's a responsible thief compare to the so-called leaders in the ND region.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Pray(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Water class

2 Likes

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Our brothers and sisters from the south, what happened to those money you've been making taking goodies to Indonesia and Malaysia. ? grin. 10% of that money is enough to make things better for these children na.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by tolexy111: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
I doubt if the class is still in use looking at the adjacent building! Dont quote me o

3 Likes

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by tonyeb2k(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
space booked

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by ogawisdom(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
They even have classrooms some learn under mango trees shocked

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by misscall247: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nigeria is like hell
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by fweshlee(m): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
WTF
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Positivemind1: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
With all billions that have gone to the state ...this us a big shame. Education should be given a priority....

3 Likes

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Sunbassen(m): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
It is well with our country.
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by mohciz69(m): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
OP I was expecting a waterlogged area literally!

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Poorboy: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
hayzee545:
According to an OLUMO ONLINE reader who sent in this story, the school named Brotherhood Secondary is located in Ibesikpo Asuntan LGA of Akwa Ibom state.

The source who pleaded anonymity claimed to have visited the school on a rainy day, and was shocked after seeing the helpless students trying move away from the water-logger area of the class.

This is a call to authority in Akwa Ibom to look into this, as a matter of urgency, as this leaders of tomorrow do not deserve to learn in this kind of environment.

More photos below:

Source : https://olumoonline.com/2016/06/08/photos-akwa-ibom-school-where-students-learn-in-a-water-logged-class/
na church sch not govt.

3 Likes

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by skally60: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
hmmm na wa o FP tinz
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by naijacampu(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Meanwhile Akwa Ibom is the highest crude oil producing state in Nigeria, see their state.
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria! How many times have I called you?

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by johnstar(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
grin
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by MoneyGreen(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
What the... Damn! Very local people.
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Houseofglam7(f): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dear lord!
Tsk tsk tsk
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Mccullum: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
This is reflection of insufficient fund on education, may God give our leaders mind to have mercy on children of the populace.
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by MoneyGreen(m): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
tolexy111:
I doubt if the class is still in use looking at the adjacent building! Dont quote me o
Oya..
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by wintersnow(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
DEM EVEN GET CHAIR TO SIDDON, DURING MY TIME WE DEY CARRY OUR CHAIR FOR HEAD COME CLASS, SM PPL GO HANG FOR WINDOW
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by MXrep: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
There is another good classroom from the picture. The bad one is probably not in use anymore
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by SageTravels: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
them the learn waterology
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by jasysandra(f): 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
My guess is
That other building could be the staff room.
MXrep:
There is another good classroom from the picture. The bad one is probably not in use anymore

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Sweetlemon(f): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
As an Akwa-Ibomite when I say Akpabio was/is highly overrated people come for my neck. The only areas Akpabio touched were Uyo and Ikot Ekpene where he comes from. Over 65% of Akwa-Ibom land mass are still mainly bushes.

Other parts are still very much the same.

BUT he's been our best Governor so far sha (that's to show the crappy standard of leadership we have in the SS) because at least he sha built some world class structures in Uyo. He sha did something and he sha had the decency to give something back in exchange for the indecent wealth he amassed for himself during his eight years. Yes Akpabio is so rich he can can buy a good portion of Nigeria and still have enough to feed all his generations.

10 Likes

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Raypawer(m): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
eastern lagos, people leave on water, lekki
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by TallPck1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Funny tongue
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
wasco24:
That looks like an abadoned structure
Is obviously an abandoned structure, the new one is beautiful and i guess op didn't see that one. grin
Re: Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School by hopilo: 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
The school is owned by OOO church, do you expect govt. to use public funds on private schools? If the say the govt. can close private schools that is not up to standard, then l support that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure / Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees / List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.