Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola (5174 Views)

Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off / Of Erastus Akingbola, Femi Adekanye And Ralph Osayameh / The Fall Of Erastus Akingbola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by CrudeOil2(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Akingbola doesnt deserve this. People who deserve such disgrace are IBB, Anenih, Ibori, Igbenidion etc. The man has done well, he employs numerous nigerians and deserves to be lauded not humiliated.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by gwinnett: 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ crude oil,

employed nigerians to mop up funds tru aggressive marketing to finance his lifestyle. wats the rationale of given a loan to MD and DMD of another bank. the duo applied for the loan tru a corporate firm. where is the credit rule of CHARACTER.

the duo are known to be bankers, what is nature of their other company and loan purpose. the truth is that not only the whites are colonials, our black brothers too.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

Akingbola doesnt deserve this. People who deserve such disgrace are IBB, Anenih, Ibori, Igbenidion etc. The man has done well, he employs numerous nigerians and deserves to be lauded not humiliated.

Enron once employed thousands of people too.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by CrudeOil2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
This is Nigeria not U.S. Akingbola is a had working businessman. Enron is an oil company not a bank. Intercontinental bank has over 500 branches across the country and over 1 trillion naira worth in customers deposits. This is because Akingbola is a hard working banker, he should not be hanged because of a few business mistakes which he made.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by gwinnett: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ crude oil,

MADOFF of the bonzi scheme in America would same thing.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by bawomolo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

This is Nigeria not U.S. Akingbola is a had working businessman. Enron is an oil company not a bank. Intercontinental bank has over 500 branches across the country and over 1 trillion naira worth in customers deposits. This is because Akingbola is a hard working banker, he should not be hanged because of a few business mistakes which he made.

leading your banks to the brinks of collapse is much more than a couple of mistakes,
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by koolchicco: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

Not enough excuses!
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by sosisi(f): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
Does anyone really care?
What are they doing to relieve the suffering of the masses and improve safety?
That is my question
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Olong(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
Posters should really wait 4 dis drama 2 fully unfold b4 passin on blames. Dos al dis hiatus imply dt soludo was taken 4 a ride?or was insensitiv?incompetent?we shall see see, observers re watching!
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by illusion2: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2009
I partially see reason with crude oil :

Did the man make mistakes = YES smiley

Should he suffer for the mistakes = ABSOLUTELY cool

Should the mistakes wipe away any good he has ever done = CERTAINLY NOT shocked shocked shocked

Like someone once said,the reason 'Abacha's corruptly acquired money' became 'Abacha Loot' was because the man died. . . . . I doubt if he stole a fraction of IBB's 'corruptly acquired money'. sad

In essence,its not the thief that gets punished,but he who gets caught . . . , . cheesy

John 8: 7 : "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"

Make una free the man jo ! angry
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by D1KeleVra(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
Erastus
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by danexd(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
Nairalander Pls Read TayoTFC's write u, I also confrimed it in todays Guardian Neswspaper, I believe there is more to this than meets the ordinary eyes, And seriousl after reading that article am suspicious of General Sanisu's actions. I believe More is Yet to Come, Nigeria We Hail Thee
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by qblaze(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
Erastus doesn't deserve this. He was a good man. He built a Happy Bank and employed many cleaners.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by DisGuy: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
illusion2:

I partially see reason with crude oil :

Did the man make mistakes = YES smiley

Should he suffer for the mistakes = ABSOLUTELY cool

Should the mistakes wipe away any good he has ever done = CERTAINLY NOT shocked shocked shocked

Like someone once said,the reason 'Abacha's corruptly acquired money' became 'Abacha Loot' was because the man died. . . . . I doubt if he stole a fraction of IBB's 'corruptly acquired money'. sad

In essence,its not the thief that gets punished,but he who gets caught . . . , . cheesy

John 8: 7 : "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"

Make una free the man jo ! angry

make una free ibori, abacha ibb etc too after all they have companies employing thousand all over the country
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by koolchicco: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
Dis Guy:

make una free ibori, abacha ibb etc too after all they have companies employing thousand all over the country

I wonder ooo.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Dale1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
A few bank bosses are sacked, rightly so by the the CBN (by the way if you don't know, that's the job of any country's Central Bank) after CBN looked into their books.
CBN did it to protect the money that belongs to you. Believe it or not. They are already pumping money that belongs to you into these banks to avoid their collapse. And some of the guys here are sorry for him? As usual, conspiracy theories are flying around, selective this, selective that, blah blah blah.

It is either you guys are just plain ignorant or being totally mischivious. Get your heads out from your behinds guys.
It is sad that when the rare  naija man or woman shows up once in a blue moon to do what is right - the response is typically what we see from you guys.

Naija has a looooonnnnng way to go if it's youth are still this ignorant of their rights and what belongs to them.
And I am not a Northerner before you start firing your ignorant defense of your beliefs. This is sickening. Let CBN do it's job even if imperfectly! Maybe we may start to craw out of this mess no matter how slowly,
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by D1KeleVra(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
If Erastus was one of your uncles, you wouldn't say sh!t
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by otokx(m): 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
Logical step in the right direction.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by greateliso(m): 12:00am On Aug 28, 2009
it is well o oo,
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 28, 2009
qblaze:

Erastus doesn't deserve this. He was a good man. He built a Happy Bank and employed many cleaners.

happy customer, broke bank cheesy cheesy

they are still running their busines advice show on cool fm at 6.20 -m 6.30 am ifts so funny hearing the presenter give out generic 'advice' to business men
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by jkemzy(m): 12:16am On Aug 28, 2009
There is a saying that what goes around comes around.Erastus Akingbola has the reputation of sacking intercontinental staff without reason.
Recently in june he sacked over 400 staff( forced resignation) without reason and without  benefit.meanwhile some of the staff have served the bank for close to 10years. Although his circumstance, is different from those peoples case because of his loot, i think that the current event goes to show that he that lives by the sword also dies by the sword.
What the man need is our prayer for Gods mercy on him and not pity.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by CrudeOil2(m): 12:25am On Aug 28, 2009
Wow, so you guys truly believe he should be humiliated this way.
How many nigerians have Ibori employed?
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by qblaze(m): 1:10am On Aug 28, 2009
The buffoons from Intercontinental Bank are back on Nairaland stoutly defending their former master.

I personally think Erastus is dirty. He is the only former bank CEO still on the run. I'm just concerned about those "Happy" cleaners at Intercontinental Bank branches. Where will they go when the inevitable hammer drops?
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by D1KeleVra(m): 1:14am On Aug 28, 2009
qblaze:

[b]The buffoon[/b]s from Intercontinental Bank are back on Nairaland stoutly defending their former master.

I personally think Erastus is dirty. He is the only former bank CEO still on the run. I'm just concerned about those "Happy" cleaners at Intercontinental Bank branches. Where will they go when the inevitable hammer drops?

lol A modification of somthng i saw earlier. . . Confused customers, Broke bank
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by zmurda(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2009
Pastor Erastus was a saint. He was made a pastor in RCCG after putting in hundreds of millions of depositors funds. Bro Eraz, had to run from persecution from the Holy Mallam Saul Sanusi to avoid his Christian hand being amputated. Deacon Era has now been betrayed by the Judases in CIBN who were not aware of his activities before making him their oga.
This is Season 48 of the Nigerian soap. Please watch out for season 49 on October 1.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2009
oyb:

happy customer, broke bank cheesy cheesy

they are still running their busines advice show on cool fm at 6.20 -m 6.30 am ifts so funny hearing the presenter give out generic 'advice' to business men
This reminds me of an incident that occurred a couple of days ago. About four of us were inside the elevator(one of us an oga in my coy, but came from Oceanic). There was this guy in suits beside us(maybe one of the marketers) and he was holding a magazine/book with a conspicuous advert at the back: OCEANIC BANK:BANK OF THE YEAR 2007, 2008. As the guy unconsciously turned the book to show the advert, everybody in the lift just looked at each other, and before we knew, come see laughter. Co-incidentally, everybody just burst into laughter at the same time. I didn't want to laugh, but I can't help it. Without anybody uttering any word, the laughter spread until we reached our destination. I pity the innocent guy holding the magazine.
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Nnabuchic: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2009
its a pity dat this country is full of disgusts and evil, a man convicted of theft and misappropration is now the CIBN presidents, ha ha ha, Nigeria open ur eyes shocked shocked shocked
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by akinwun099: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2009
many are the afflictions of the righteous.
erastus employed Nigerians in thousands, mentored hundreds, built hostels that govt never built, gave scholarships that no one billionaire living or dead in this country ever gave(Even MKO cant match his scholarships), and empowered 9ja youths thru the ELP
can somebody please tell us  what has Sanusi done 4 anybodi?  i mean anybody, any one, no one infact lipsrsealed
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2009
^^^^

and he failed to keep the trust of people who put their money in his bank. i wonder if you are a depositor, or jut a sycophant?

perhaps you haven't heard of the axiom - a reputation built over the years can be destroyed in a minute?
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by scarphase(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2009
i wonder people are pitying the man, he drived his workers crazy, minimum balance for savings was jacked up to 1ok and even with that poor customer service was very rampant , even a cleaner in the bank had a target, he enjoyed his money alone ,,,make he suffer the shame if there is anytin like dat, dont be suprised if he is made a chief soon, but i wonder if a cibn president was indicted for such professional breach then wat becomes of his subjects!!
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by Oluschenco(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2009
Jesus Christ? So the rich also cry!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola by qblaze(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2009
@akinyun099,

This is your first post so I assume you are here on a PR mission. Akingbola did not use his money to institute scholarships. It was the bank's money and there are other shareholders.

No sane person doles out cash to charity when he is seriously in debt.

Erastus has no excuse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al Queda Ties Seen For Boko Haram According To Wall Street Journal / They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Why Has Fayose Yet To Appoint Commisioners, 8months After??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.