Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries (32516 Views)

Governor Ambode Sacks 3 Commissioners, Appoints 5 New Ones / Ambode Sacks Deji Tinubu As Lagos Sports Commission Boss / Ambode Sacks Chaplain For Disrespecting His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Nicepoker(m): 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Not my business
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by eleko1: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by mikkypel(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:
Are we really operating three tiers of govt n federalism? Why should a governor sack LG chairmen he didn't appoint, weren't they elected?
They were preparing for election, yes, the president didn't sack d governors prior to election right?

They were caretaker chairmen and election has to be done, they were just relieved of their duty, they have the freedom to vy for the post.. That will name them a legal chairman... Caretaker means take charge 4 d main time
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Keneking:
Great useless local government

I just wish we can gain change or even transformation at this level.

Really wish PDP can win some local government areas in Lagos to compensate them grin

The Chairmen are good at buying properties.
They collect dues and remit illegally.
They convert wives of poor citizens

Say no to bad women.

1 Like

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by truthspeaks: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
Read, read n read. It will rili do u a lot of gud wen u read b4 u comment.
folks4luv:
Are we really operating three tiers of govt n federalism? Why should a governor sack LG chairmen he didn't appoint, weren't they elected?
They were preparing for election, yes, the president didn't sack d governors prior to election right?
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Ready4watever: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
MissMetro:
Following the resolution of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Thursday relieving the Executive Secretaries of the 57 Local Governments Councils and Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in the State of their responsibilities, the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode has approved the immediate dissolution of the Caretaker Committees.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello, the Governor also directed the Executive Secretaries to hand over the reins of administration to the Head of Administration in each of the Council Areas.

Thursday’s dissolution of the Caretaker committees is preparatory to the holding that is a good move my dear guvnor,only GOD can judge me
....ready4watever....

The State House of Assembly had also on April 22 this year passed into law a bill recommending a four year tenure for elected Local Government helmsmen instead of the three years tenure that hitherto obtained.

It would be recalled that the Caretaker Committees which was headed by Executive Secretaries were inaugurated by former Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola on January 5, 2015.

SIGNED
KUNLE ADESHINA
PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
OFFICE OF SSG
JUNE 9, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/ambode-sacks-all-local-government.html

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by bitingcool: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:

If only you took some time to read before jumping to conclusion.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Gidi3020(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ambode igbale
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Zuula(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Holyfield1:
Hmm, I think the governor did the right thing because most of these local government chairmen are as useless as P in pneumonia really,all they do is occupy that position without making any positive impact rather involve in bribery and embezzle public fund and carry out all illegal activities.Many uncompleted projects and bad roads we are out there are prolly the handiwork of there animals clothed in human skin..... Nice work there My able governor.
did you read the article at all angry
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
Holyfield1:
Hmm, I think the governor did the right thing because most of these local government chairmen are as useless as P in pneumonia really,all they do is occupy that position without making any positive impact rather involve in bribery and embezzle public fund and carry out all illegal activities.Many uncompleted projects and bad roads we are out there are prolly the handiwork of there animals clothed in human skin..... Nice work there My able governor.
They're Oftentime dissolved b4 a proper election can take place....is nt permanent.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by mlanreh: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Keneking:

Really wish PDP can win some local government areas in Lagos to compensate them grin

Quote me d PDP will win atleast 6local gov if not more than
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by olajumokegloria: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
But why did he have to do that this time around
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by 6digitscomrade: 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
u mean we now also av convertible wivesdis is really a matrimonious corruption coupled wiv chanjiiii...lol
Keneking:

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
mastengsynergy:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
How?, they were acting caretaker chairmen, and is always done dis way b4 elected chairmen can take office. grin

He only followed due process.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by olasclef(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:

They were not elected. "Caretaker"
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
those local Government chairman are jst there to steal our money with out dooing anytin... in lagos.. they need to be scrapp///
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by caxim04(m): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
Keneking:

You must be resident at Bariga LCDA
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by son4century(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
Most people commenting here don't know the reason for the move. Perhaps they are not Lagosians

Oya lemme change ur commenting faculty

These sacked chairmen were caretaker chairmen simply because they ought to have vacate their position since August 2015
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Toofan007: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Until the law that creates a joint states and local government account for allocation is repelled and the elections to them council are conducted by the centre body, the local governments in Nigeria would never function.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by PMWSpirit(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:
Haba na . Read before you comment , do you elect caretaker chairmen . Receive senses sef
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by charlie009: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
He did well and he should also look into apapa local govt area cos those touts operating there under d name local govt are just extorting money from motorist saying its a local govt permit.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by bbmate: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:
Madam. Kindly read the post b4 commenting. Don't assumed the headline speaks the volume of d whole passage. OK?
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Realdeals(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
How I wish the activities of EFCC could get to the local government...
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by sinola(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
MissMetro:
Following the resolution of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Thursday relieving the Executive Secretaries of the 57 Local Governments Councils and Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in the State of their responsibilities, the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode has approved the immediate dissolution of the Caretaker Committees.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello, the Governor also directed the Executive Secretaries to hand over the reins of administration to the Head of Administration in each of the Council Areas.

Thursday’s dissolution of the Caretaker committees is preparatory to the holding of elections into the 57 Council Areas by the State Government and ensuring that the necessary machineries are put in place preparatory to the elections.

The State House of Assembly had also on April 22 this year passed into law a bill recommending a four year tenure for elected Local Government helmsmen instead of the three years tenure that hitherto obtained.

It would be recalled that the Caretaker Committees which was headed by Executive Secretaries were inaugurated by former Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola on January 5, 2015.

SIGNED
KUNLE ADESHINA
PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
OFFICE OF SSG
JUNE 9, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/ambode-sacks-all-local-government.html

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by ayindejimmy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
folks4luv:

Please read carefully . The report says, Executive Secretaries.
The tenure of the Chairmen had lapsed since Last year and fashola had devolved them
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by engrkaz(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2016
folks4luv:
They were appointed. They were not chairmen but executive secretaries. Tnx
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Cauchy01(m): 2:42am On Jun 10, 2016
folks4luv:
Maybe the headline misguided u...they are caretaker chairmen...so they av 2 be dissolved b4 the election...no APC states in SW conducts LG chairman election,so it's a ryt move by the governor
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Cutehector(m): 5:44am On Jun 10, 2016
folks4luv:
lol it is within the Powers of the governor of a state to sack caretaker committees in his state
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by saintdennis(m): 6:36am On Jun 10, 2016
Zico5:
I think this is a good move. Local government autonomy is the only way to grassroot development. If other state governments can copy lagos state. Nigeria will surely move forward but they will hardly do that cos they want local government to be direct ATM to their pockets.

Bro if autonomous fg, nass, state gov, state assembly hasn't helped us then how the he'll would autonomous LG help?

Truth is they are all greedy criminals these naija politicians.

No human is above theft n embezzlement but nigerian politicians steal 80%. Share 10% to their boys and use 8% to work on projects.

The remaining 2% is for the next govt lols
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by folks4luv(f): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Cauchy01:

Maybe the headline misguided u...they are caretaker chairmen...so they av 2 be dissolved b4 the election...no APC states in SW conducts LG chairman election,so it's a ryt move by the governor
my comment wasnt about the post init, seen a lot of what I said down here. in my state, the gov terminates the appointment for lg chairmen and chose caretakers at will, plus chairmen aren't allowed to run for second term.
guess I was wrong to attribute it to this story cause Lotta peeps don't know where I was coming from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina / Ramadan: Tinubu Donates 1800 Bags Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photos) / Army Shoots Pro-Biafra Agitators At A Church In Onitsha - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.