Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector (14656 Views)

Sack: NLC, Teachers Protest In Kaduna Despite Warnings From The Police / How We Plan To Cripple Nigeria, If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released In 7 Days –MASSOB / The Niger Delta Avengers Dares Buhari, Vows To Cripple Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by meltiplexer: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2016
They should go and sit down jooo,is only GOD that can help us.

let me go and make my extra income on Naijabet
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by sanusidabo: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2016
N L C should deeply check what banks are doing in Nigeria and also go to extra mile to ban Bureau De Change operation in Nigeria so that we shouldn't allow small group of lazy people to destroy our economy through speculation. Naira is the only legal tender in Nigeria.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by biggiedol: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Seriously, I noticed one thing about this new government, they like talking tough when outside the shores of this country, are they trying to impress the outside world that they are capable or what? Please can someone explain oooooo, because I yaf tire with them tough talk no actions.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by eph12(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2016
NLC? Kikikikikikiki grin grin grin grin
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Noise making as usual.

Once bank sack you, nah so e be.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by jasminea: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Empty promises. Useless talk.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by hyelhira: 10:19am On Jun 10, 2016
The NLC/TUC leadership are an unserious bunch angry. When Sanusi and Yaradua supervised the decimation of banks some years ago under the guise of sanitation where were they undecided? Nonsense sad.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2016
Banks pay huge salaries. Bankers dont realize how huge their take homes are till they resign to start a business.

That is when you will find out how difficult it is for a private business to generate N200,000 as profit monthly.

In the training school when handed an offer letter bearing N1,800,000 per annum, thats just figure, they dont know the value.

Earning money and growing wealth are two different things. Sack them today, 3 months later, they are borrowing.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Enyimbamercedes: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2016
They couldn't even hold an effective strike to protest the fuel price increase now they want to cripple banking sector. With what? Crippled union

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Ezionye(f): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2016
Naughtysite:
Banks pay huge salaries. Bankers dont realize how huge their take homes are till they resign to start a business.

That is when you will find out how difficult it is for a private business to generate N200,000 as profit monthly.

In the training school when handed an offer letter bearing N1,800,000 per annum, thats just figure, they dont know the value.

Earning money and growing wealth are two different things. Sack them today, 3 months later, they are borrowing.

And in conclusion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Totfulguy: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Adesiji77:
BY Victor Ahiuma-Young, reporting from Geneva, Switzerland GENEVA – ORGANISED Labour, Thursday, vowed to cripple operations in the banking sector over ongoing mass retrenchment of workers, throwing its weight behind the threat by the Federal Government through the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, to withdraw the licenses of banks that breached its directive to halt further retrenchment. This came as Labour issued a 21 day ultimatum to the affected banks to recall the sacked workers or risked unprecedented industrial action.

At a joint briefing in Geneva, leaders of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, TUC, insisted that they would picket banks that indulge in further mass sack of their employees, saying that the Federal Government was right to have threatened erring banks with withdrawal of their licenses if they refused to halt the gale of mass retrenchment of workers.

Speaking at a a briefing at the venue of the on-going 105th International Labour Conference, ILC, in Geneva, Switzerland, both Labour centres contended that just like the banks disobeyed the laws of the country and retrenched workers “we will picket them to show them that they do not have monopoly of law of disobedience.”

Both Ayuba Wabba and the TUC President, Bobboi Kaigama, who frowned at the refusal of the banks to allow their workers to unionized, said the pronouncement of the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige was expected, arguing that it was not the responsibility of the Senate Committee on Banking to invite the Minister and others for a meeting since the issue fell within industrial relations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/mass-sack-nlc-tuc-vow-cripple-banking-sector/

What is the outcome of their "negotiation" with FG over the hike in fuel price? Non.Senc. A bunch of sold-out, dishonest old men.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2016
Ezionye:

And in conclusion?

NLC, TUC and Ngige are babbling.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Totfulguy: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2016
sanusidabo:
N L C should deeply check what banks are doing in Nigeria and also go to extra mile to ban Bureau De Change operation in Nigeria so that we shouldn't allow small group of lazy people to destroy our economy through speculation. Naira is the only legal tender in Nigeria.

National League of Corruption!
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Leopard2A7: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2016
LuckyLadolce:
Though I'm not deceived by this miscreants called ORGANISED LABOUR, they are not reliable body but some set of nincompoops.. they should just F.uck away.. but i will repeat my statement on the thread where ngige threatened those useless banks. and thats it below

Truth be told.. Normally, Our banks are useless, they want cheap labour, they set unrealistic target, so they take opportunity of situations like this to sack people and overlabour the few ones left in the system. Go find out about all these banks sacking, some of their Executive director's take home is 6/7m per month and yet they will team up to sack an Executive trainee who receives just 150k per month or a contract staff who get 60/70k atfer several years in the system. Banks can still cope in this economy. They are lying to most people about their inability to pay staff. Let them also cut the amount being paid to the top staff. Banking sector has the most corrupt, selfish, inhumane and slaverymasters leaderships. This so called bank's management want to take virtually all the benefits. If possible, they want free labour. You don't just want to know what banks' directors get as profit sharing allowance. You may faint!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by chuose: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
By the time APC & Buhari has finished in Nigeria,
The whole country will be in tatters.

Time to impeach buhari
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by kunlej2: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2016
which of the NLC/TUC? the skeleton, the ghost or the resurrected?
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by platypus(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
The analysis is simple:

2% of Nigerians own 90% of money deposit in banks - NDIC and CBN, May, 2016

Most of this "2 percent" live large on government loot.

Anti-corruption war greatly reduce the flow of money in circulation.

The volume of money banks use for business reduce drastically, becos govt continue to retrieve stolen money

Financial capacity of banks reduced

Unable to continue to pay salary

Mass retrenchment
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by 0ubenji(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
socialmediaman:
This issue has become complicated. Only if someone listened to me when I raised the awareness and warning on this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/3076787/nigerian-banks-ready-changing-times

To me, the best solution would be for FG and organized labor to dialog with the banks on this issue with a view of understanding the level of downsizing we're talking about, the impact on the economy and labor market etc. I just hope the FG will be sincere enough in this matter cos nobody trusts their word again, just the other day, Shell accused them of being insincere in the Ogoni land cleanup.
Nigerians don come again wit the overflogged concept of "dialogue"..
As far as anytin don enter "dialogue" mode for naija..juz fogerrit..the mata don get short life-span..
U wan knw aw many dialogue dem do ontop fuel, b.haram, militants, ogoni clean-up? etc....solution show?
Bros forget dialogue nd do action biko
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
"At a joint briefing in Geneva"

Union leaders too dey enjoy!
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by ceaser: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
Amitex:
NLC should go and sit down joor! Na so them boast over fuel increase, where are they on that? Banks have not sacked any staff but only eliminating "ghost workers" just as the Federal Government is doing. What has NLC done about the 45000 staff sacked by FG and termed them ghost workers?

Haba! What's "rong" with you? (in Falz' voice)?

So you did not believe that ghost workers plague the federal civil service? Your hatred for the present day government runs so deep that you choose to be blind to the facts laid on the table.

I have seen my own fair share of ghost workers menace in any civil service and believe me, Nigerian states and federal civil service are masters in ghost worker menace.

I implore you to be more constructive and realistic in your submissions. It'll help you immensely. You don't have to be petty in criticism if you don't support the government.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by alaskido(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
NLC and TUC are both toothless bull dogs. Common fuel hike strike they could not manage. They are talking about crippling the banking sector. They should go and sit on their poo.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Raylight2(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
am very sure the last retrenchment touched one of your own or a senator's son/daughter, nai make una dey shout. na today banks start to dey sack like fools? . I guess you guys just woke up from your slumber.
Re: Mass Sack: NLC, TUC Vow To Cripple Banking Sector by Raylight2(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Oshiomhole is Nigeria's BEST NLC President ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Like Leah Sharibu, Like Amasa Firdaus By Sirajudeen Abdulazeez Folayemi / Osinbajo: You Are Unenlightened, Mischievous, Tony Momoh Blasts Afenifere / SERAP Sues FG Over Failed Chinese $460m Abuja CCTV Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.