Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Can You Believe This Is Happenning? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Believe This Is Happenning? (1384 Views)

You won't believe this Lovely Castle is in Kaduna State / Lagos And Cape Town Most Innovative In Africa: Can You Believe This!!!! Great / The Oldest Leather Shoe Ever Found, Can You Believe It 5,500 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by skyy04(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
Due to the economic situation in Nigeria a friend of mine moved abroad for survival. After few years of stay (legally) he was entitled to Naturalise by choice. which he choose to accomplish.
In Germany dual nationality is not allowed hence the need to return his Naija pass to Naija embassy in Berlin. A standard fee of €550 was paid.
The Naija pass that was returned to the embassy has a valid German stay, 2yrs US and 6 months british visas all still valid.

What amazes me is that the Nigerian embassy sell out all the collected passport of innoscent people to criminals. My friend was arrested in US for the offence he did not commit because his details was stored in the computer as wanted.

This was later revealed to the German authority and they've stopped the idea of passport submission.

NL DO WE STILL HAVE TRUST WORTHY PEOPLE/ ORGANISATION IN NIGERIA?
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by JeSoul(f): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2009
I'm not surprised. A Nigerian is the same whether in Naija or elsewhere.

But this is a shame.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by bidell1(f): 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2009
i dont believe ur story
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
It's a shame. . .
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by Again2(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
He needs to contact the Nigerian Embassy to find out what happened, he should not keep quiet, if he was given a receipt the day he submitted the Nigerian pass then he needs to use it as a prove that he is innocent, if the crime was commited after he submitted the Nigerian pass,in that case, Nigeria embassy has alot to explain.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by Kasseler(m): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
bidell1:

i don't believe your story

Why don‘t you believe his story? have you been to Germany before or through the process of naturalisation
This also happend to a friend of mine, Nigeria Embassy sold is passport out to somebody else. Thank God he was cut with the passport when trying to travel out of the country with it.

So what i did was, i let the foreign office cancel my residence permit in the passport before giving out to the embassy. (UNGÜLTIG). Passport is no more useful.

So for those of you, who is still going through the process, don't forget to do the samething. It will save you a lot of Problems.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by JeSoul(f): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
So is it an absolute necessity/requirement to turn in your passport? why can't they just let you keep it? is there a penalty if you don't turn it in?

INS asks people to bring in their 'former' passports on the day of their swearing in, not turn in into their local embassy.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by skyy04(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
@again2

It's not a matter of receipt rather than returning the passport since this is Naija property, Nigerian embassy does not care about any one's feelings all they are interested is to make money through any means, It's a shame that they misuse that position of trust.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by skyy04(m): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ Jesoul

Dual nationalty is not allowed, the policy is you either be a German or you hold on to your nationality.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by JeSoul(f): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
skyy04:

@ Jesoul

Dual nationalty is not allowed, the policy is you either be a German or you hold on to your nationality.

Yeah I get that sky. I'm just curious about the physical passport itself. Is it a requirement to turn it in?
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by No2Atheism(m): 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
can't u ask them to allow u destroy the freaking passport in their presence or something, i personally treat anything nigerian with a long pole.

Infact i tend to keep to myself over here, cus i have noticed some nigerians doing things that are are close to being illegal and i do not want to be a part of it wen the whistle blows.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by skyy04(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2009
@ Jesoul

As at that time it was a requirement, Naija embassy won't accept passport if expired or tampered with and that means you can't naturalise.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by JeSoul(f): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
skyy04:

@ Jesoul

As at that time it was a requirement, Naija embassy won't accept passport if expired or tampered with and that means you can't naturalise.
Hmm I see. I'm glad the German authorities have wised up. Gosh Naija, when we will change our corrupt ways?
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by snokky(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Jesoul

when we have real leaders that re all ready to step on many toes
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by okeey(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2009
it is so painful and it a shame
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by desiji: 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2009
Well due to a lot of returned Nigerian passport that found their way back into circulation, The German Govt. have started allowing Naturalized Nigerians to start keeping their Passport without returning them to the Nigeria emmbassy
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by Davedavy: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2009
desiji:

Well due to a lot of returned Nigerian passport that found their way back into circulation, The German Govt. have started allowing Naturalized Nigerians to start keeping their Passport without returning them to the Nigeria emmbassy

Better!
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by okeey(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2009
i belive it is happening wella wella
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by skyy04(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
With these incidence the Naija embassy has further dented his reputation, in addition no more €550 donation

Once more, it's a shame that such an institution that rep. Naija abroad and can't be trusted.
Re: Can You Believe This Is Happenning? by snokky(m): 5:18am On Sep 06, 2009
But re u guys saying the naija embassy in Germany cant be sued for this? how can you friend's naija passport get to the US in the first place?

They re spoiling our names, so plz tell your friend to sue them and ask for damages as well this way other fools like them will learn a lessons

and the dull govt that put them up there.

Imagine thieves representing us in Germany, damn.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help On This Please / Some Unique Places To Study And Live Abroad / Genuie Info About Canada. I Want To Travel There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.