Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam (3100 Views)

How To Use Whatsapp Data Bundle With MTN Simcard To Power All Apps 2017 / Glo Just Inflated Its Data Bundle! / Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2016
I subscribed yesterday afternoon to glo's 2500 plan with about 10gb used it to about 4gb. Checked my data usage on my phone and checked their portal. It tallied with how much data I had used so far only for me to wake up to see text messages saying my data had expired.

I called their customer care and informed them about the discrepancy. I was given another number (444) to call that they handle data issues, the number didn't go through. I called again and was told that since I don't have data I can't call 444 which is the toll free number. I was given another number this time and I was told that I would have to pay for the call (imagine with all those stupid jingles playing). I waited patiently at least this one should be able to check my data usage and solve my problem only to be told by her that I should send an email.

I'm so burnt. My data stolen, I was made to pay for a call in order to complain about an error that glo made and to crown it all the representative just told me to send an email and hung up. That was all. Who am I to complain about service I paid for and didn't receive. They've forgotten that the subscribers are the reason they are still in business today.

Please be careful especially with the bundles of 2k and above because all that glitters really isn't gold.

If you've experienced same please share below so that we can prevent someone else from becoming a victim.

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Lalasticlala pls fp
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by darlingtonIIV(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2016
name wah o I sub that plan with my roommate and we shared the data so far so good its going smoothly for us. so this your story get as e be

2 Likes

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by iliyande(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
name wah o I sub that plan with my roommate and we shared the data so far so good its going smoothly for us. so this your story get as e be

Going smoothly here too

Shared with my wife
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2016
naijaloadedguru:

shut up your mouth

The level of stupidity on nairaland is so amazing. Insulting you back would just bring me down to your level of reasoning. Check for some goats at the back of your house, they've been waiting to discuss the issues of the day with you.

19 Likes

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2016
darlingtonIIV:

The thing was so shocking that's why I called glo. So that they can check. I have been subbing before and this never happened. After the huge data bundle advert I subbed bigger this time. Downloaded about 5 movies of about 300mb each. Browsed a few pages and went to sleep. Only to wake up see that it had expired within 15 hours. I didn't even use up to 4gb
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by kajoula(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

The thing was so shocking that's why I called glo. So that they can check. I have been subbing before and this never happened. After the huge data bundle advert I subbed bigger this time. Downloaded about 5 movies of about 300mb each. Browsed a few pages and went to sleep. Only to wake up see that it had expired within 15 hours. I didn't even use up to 4gb

Are you aware that you are also billed for data upload whenever you download movies using torrent files.
Whenever your torrent file is done downloading it uploads the same or more downloaded size of the file depending on the number of user downloading that particular file online via torrent.

So note that,Torrent are shared back to other downloaders in fragments.....set your torrent upload speed to 5kb/s still better 0kb/s(if possible) by this your download will be very fast and you can only be billed for the download data.

android phones can only keep records of downloaded files/sezes, not uploaded file/sizes.

You might download a movie of 300mb and share/upload 100mb each (in fragments) back to 20 people online making it 100mb x 20 = 2GB

I hope people will understand this.

3 Likes

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2016
kajoula:

Are you aware that you are also billed for data upload whenever you download movies using torrent files.
Whenever your torrent file is done downloading it uploads the same or more downloaded size of the file back to every user downloading that particular file online.

So note that,Torrent are shared back to other downloaders in fragments.....set your torrent upload speed to 5kb/s still better 0kb/s(if possible)
You might download a movie of 300mb and share/upload 100mb each (in fragments) back to 20 people online making it 100mb x 20 = 2GB

I hope people will understand this.

I didn't download from a torrent site. I downloaded from fzmovies.in but thanks for the info and I'll take that into consideration when I have to download from a torrent site.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by kajoula(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

I didn't download from a torrent site. I downloaded from fzmovies.in but thanks for the info and I'll take that into consideration when I have to download from a torrent site.

ok ...best wishes !
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2016
kajoula:

ok ...best wishes !

Thanks
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by sobastical: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2016
Bad belle
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
sobastical:
Bad belle
What's this one saying?
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by Jeffy1206(m): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
One guy complain the same yesterday o shocked at least you have proof to corroborate your facts.

Glo!!! From snail network to data wiper grin

1 Like

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by olarhtunji(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

so Immediately decided that its a scam.... na wa o
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by Talph: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
darlingtonIIV:

Please how did you do the sharing? Planning on doing the same with a colleague. Thanks
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by sobastical: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

What's this one saying?

Okay sir, prolly the same system has adapted to stup*dity and as well become stup*d. How's your weekend going sir?
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by sobastical: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Talph:

Please how did you do the sharing? Planning on doing the same with a colleague. Thanks

*127*01* friend's number#
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by sobastical: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
*127*01* friend's number#

Talph:

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
olarhtunji:

so Immediately decided that its a scam.... na wa o

Did you read through at all. I stated what happened. I asked if anyone has experienced the same thing. Even said I called their customer care even when I had to pay for the call.

You pay for two nights in a hotel and you're kicked out on the first night what will you say then, that you were treated fairly?
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by olarhtunji(m): 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

Did you read through at all. I stated what happened. I asked if anyone has experienced the same thing. Even said I called their customer care even when I had to pay for the call.

You pay for two nights in a hotel and you're kicked out on the first night what will you say then, that you were treated fairly?

have never actually paid for an hotel before

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
sobastical:

Okay sir, prolly the same system has adapted to stup*dity and as well become stup*d. How's your weekend going sir?

It's best to ignore you. You came on here dropped a comment "bad belle" because my name is airtel or mtn or what? I had an issue and shared it. Whatever name you choose to call me is a reflection of who you are as a person.
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
olarhtunji:

have never actually paid for an hotel before

Okay then
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by darlingtonIIV(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Talph:

after you sub just dail *777# you'll see "share data" just follow the procedures and put in the number of the other person
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by prinsam30: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
my brother go to facebook.com/glowold you will receive reply smoothly

1 Like

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
prinsam30:
my brother go to facebook.com/glowold you will receive reply smoothly
my brother thanks, I got a reply from them on Twitter. I was informed that the usage reading calculation on their system is different from the one on my phone. Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.
Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by prinsam30: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:
my brother thanks, I got a reply from them on Twitter. I was informed that the usage reading calculation on their system is different from the one on my phone. Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

ur most welcome

1 Like

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by rummeh: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
let the picture do the talking.. for 2hr 1gb
and i did not download anything
i was just on my blogger portal

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by hrhjnr(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
rummeh:
let the picture do the talking.. for 2hr 1gb
and i did not download anything
i was just on my blogger portal

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Glo "Huge Data Bundle" Scam by sobastical: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
hrhjnr:

It's best to ignore you. You came on here dropped a comment "bad belle" because my name is airtel or mtn or what? I had an issue and shared it. Whatever name you choose to call me is a reflection of who you are as a person.

Apologies please... So sorry my comment. Hope you find solution to your network issues. Shalom

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Best Websites To Stream Live Sports At Free Of Cost / Get Airte 1gb For 200 And Mtn 1gb For 100 / Xiaomi Users And Android Phone Users Fall In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.