Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy (524 Views)

Cattle Colonies: Southern States Shun FG's Request For Land / IGP Idris Visits Abia State, Receives Made-In-Aba Good From Ikpeazu (Photos) / Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by Babangida70(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2016
Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has urged states in the southern part of the country to support the federal government’s plan to introduce grazing reserves in order to tackle clashes between herdsmen and some communities in the country.

“Introduction of the new grazing policy, especially in Northern states, is a logical idea since it will restrict the movement of herdsmen to designated areas, away from farmlands and communities,” Mr. Tambuwal said in Aba, Abia State, when he visited Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
Mr. Tambuwal was in Aba to flag off road projects executed by the Abia state government.

“I am a Fulani man and I have herds of cattle but I restricted my cattle to a particular location because I need to monitor what they eat and constantly check on their well-being in general.

“I also know the quality of meat, milk and skin they produce after I take good care of them. So allowing them to roam about in far flung areas in search of grass and water is inimical to their health and the health of the herdsmen taking care of them,” Mr. Tambuwal said.
He said all Nigerians should support the government to get a lasting solution to the challenge.
On the roads flagged-off, Mr. Tambuwal praised Mr. Ikpeazu for managing available funds judiciously and for completing the roads.

He said the roads would help to alleviate the plight of the people, and urged the people to continue to support the administration to deliver more dividends of democracy to them.
The roads commissioned include Ehere, Umuojima road (renamed after the former Deputy Governor, Chima Nwafor), as well as the Umuocham-Umule-Umuehilegbu roads.

Source:::http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/204992-tambuwal-visits-abia-urges-southern-states-support-grazing-policy.html

Cc:: Lalasticlala, seun
Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by youngest85(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2016
gud
Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by mustmust(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2016
....... tambuwal tambuwal tambuwal tambuwal. How many times I call you
Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by VampireeM(f): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2016
“I am a Fulani man and I have herds of cattle but I restricted my cattle to a particular location because I need to monitor what they eat and constantly check on their well-being in general.

Tambuwal seems like you suffering from brain malfunction abi you dey reason from your anal hole!... Instead of you to suggest this your quote above to apply to all herdsmen, you saying we should support the bill... We cant support it cause the grazing routes are people's land. The grazing route should be mapped out in northern region alone undecided

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by phemmie06(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
Has land finished in Sokoto
Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by orunto27: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2016
Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, should turn Sokoto state and The Caliphate into Grazing Ground. He should use Arab's money but not Nigerian Oil Money and Taxes. He messed up our Revered House of Reps when he was Speaker. So he should keep off the South with his evil Propaganda.
Re: Tambuwal Visits Abia, Urges Southern States To Support Grazing Policy by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 10, 2016
When fulani herdsmen are killing people and destroying villages we don't hear this man call for their prosecution.Now he is calling for access to grazing so that his herdsmen can continue their attacks ba?

(1) (Reply)

Immigration Recruitment Scam: Abba Moro Overruled Jonathan, Reversed Employment / Funny Nigeria / The New Nigerian Disease Called IOCD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.