Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

What TORRENT Users Should Know - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What TORRENT Users Should Know (839 Views)

Top 10 Best Torrent Sites Of 2019 / Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-search Engine Says Farewell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What TORRENT Users Should Know by kajoula(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Lets get to understand about
TORRENT, SEEDERS & PEERS

TORRENT...
it is defined as a strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid.
but in this topic its defined as a light weight file used in downloading/uploading heavy files/movies from the internet...using (.torrent) file extension.
there are various clients available free online (Vuze,uTorrent & others)

SEEDER...
Is a Torrent user who is done downloading and sharing to other users interested in downloading the same file by uploading it back online.

PEERS...
Are users downloading in fragments from someone somewhere who has already downloaded the file and SEEDING it.

Are you aware that you are also billed for data upload whenever you download movies/files using torrent files.
Torrent are shared back to other downloaders in fragments "which is called SEEDING" .....Set your torrent upload speed to 5kb/s still better 0kb/s(if possible) by this your download will be very fast and you can only be billed for the download data.
When torrent file is done downloading it uploads(SEEDS) the same or more downloaded size of the file depending on the number of user downloading that particular file online via torrent.

You might download a movie of 300mb and SEED/upload 100mb each (in fragments) back to 20 people who are currently downloading the same torrent file online making it 100mb x 20 = 2GB[/b]

FYI...android phones can only keep records of downloaded files/sizes, not uploaded file/sizes, so data subscribers using torrent clients on android phones should take note and adjust your upload speed and not put blames on Network provider for quick draining data.

I hope people will benefit from this.

1 Like

Re: What TORRENT Users Should Know by Donald3d(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2016
Abeg help me preach am my brother.thanks for sharing.
Re: What TORRENT Users Should Know by chachazzy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
Good info. Thanks for sharing. Never knew I could reduce the uploading speed! I normally remove the downloaded file from the .torrent extention. That way, I stop the uploading. Thanks.
Re: What TORRENT Users Should Know by seyema(m): 6:55am On Jun 29, 2016
Shocking!
Re: What TORRENT Users Should Know by iamogunlowo(m): 1:01am On Jul 23, 2020
Donald3d:
Abeg help me preach am my brother.thanks for sharing.

is it safe to download a torrent file where by the seeders is 4 and the leechers is 1 and secondly if the seeder is more than the leecher is it safe to download that file
Re: What TORRENT Users Should Know by iamogunlowo(m): 1:02am On Jul 23, 2020
kajoula:
Lets get to understand about
TORRENT, SEEDERS & PEERS

TORRENT...
it is defined as a strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid.
but in this topic its defined as a light weight file used in downloading/uploading heavy files/movies from the internet...using (.torrent) file extension.
there are various clients available free online (Vuze,uTorrent & others)

SEEDER...
Is a Torrent user who is done downloading and sharing to other users interested in downloading the same file by uploading it back online.

PEERS...
Are users downloading in fragments from someone somewhere who has already downloaded the file and SEEDING it.

Are you aware that you are also billed for data upload whenever you download movies/files using torrent files.
Torrent are shared back to other downloaders in fragments "which is called SEEDING" .....Set your torrent upload speed to 5kb/s still better 0kb/s(if possible) by this your download will be very fast and you can only be billed for the download data.
When torrent file is done downloading it uploads(SEEDS) the same or more downloaded size of the file depending on the number of user downloading that particular file online via torrent.

You might download a movie of 300mb and SEED/upload 100mb each (in fragments) back to 20 people who are currently downloading the same torrent file online making it 100mb x 20 = 2GB[/b]

FYI...android phones can only keep records of downloaded files/sizes, not uploaded file/sizes, so data subscribers using torrent clients on android phones should take note and adjust your upload speed and not put blames on Network provider for quick draining data.

I hope people will benefit from this.

is it safe to download a torrent file where by the seeders is 4 and the leechers is 1 and secondly if the seeder is more than the leecher is it safe to download that file

(1) (Reply)

Best Seo Tools Website 2017 / How I Make $100 Per Month Using Whatsapp Or Telegram / Analyse Your Questionaires With Spss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.