Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants (729 Views)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants by MissEdified(f): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
5 Nigerian Banks at Risk the Most by Attacks on oil Facilities by Niger Delta Militants

The recent incessant attacks on oil installations by Niger Delta militants have affected the oil production output of the Nigerian government adversely.

Several oil wells have stopped production and oil companies are shutting down. At the moment Aiteo and Agip have shut down production while Shell has suspended exports indefinitely given the frequent attacks on the Forcados Terminal.

As a result, concerns have been raised about the asset quality of several Nigerian banks as they have been exposed due to the loans they've given out to players in the upstream oil and gas sector.

Here are the 5 banks most exposed by the attacks:

Guaranty Trust Bank
Sterling Bank
First Bank, FBNH
First City Monument Bank
Fidelity Bank

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/5-nigerian-banks-at-risk-most-by.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: 5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
Best investment is Real Estate. Not Bank savings. Every year you collect your rent.

I dont trust any bank no matter its name and size. Free government money has gone into TSA..
Re: 5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants by Pavore9: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Since they prefer to give loans to the oil and gas sector in detriment to others.....let them deal with it!
Re: 5 Nigerian Banks At Risk The Most By Attacks On Oil Facilities By Millitants by rheether(f): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
The day first bank declined my loan request despite meeting their conditions was the day I stopped banking with them.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell A Facebook Page With 17,500 Likes. Come In For Negotiations / Home-made Coconut Oil Business In Kaduna / Bitcoin For Sale At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.