Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) (40224 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by AjayiWrites: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ojaja ll, along with his wife, Olori Wuraola, and his entourage, are off to the headquarters of the United Nations, in New York, United States of America on Friday, June 10, 2016... See more pictures below

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/06/ooni-of-ife-off-to-un-headquarters-in.html

1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by AjayiWrites: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
More.....

Truly, Yoruba loni asa, Yoruba loni ede

Watch the video and see more pictures here..

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/06/ooni-of-ife-off-to-un-headquarters-in.html

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Davbams(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
wetin Ooni see for this lady body sef...

Edo people! i hail oh!

control thins!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by pimpchi(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
Moses of our time.... Been travelling in d wilderness since 1804. No be small thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
pimpchi:
Moses of our time.... Been travelling in d wilderness since 1804. No be small thing.
keep shut.

I wonder why people of no known culture and history are going about detracting this fine gentleman of a king. Even those who have a culture and history are also criticising him. They don't seem to realise that they are still living in the past with their archaic mentality of screaming "Oba no dey go transfer". Isn't it boring to be in the palace all day as if it's some kind of four walls of a prison?

The Ooni is simply rallying his subjects towards unity. I guess he wants development for his kingdom, a thing you can't get if you stay stuck in the palace. His detractors are claiming that the people he visits are the ones who suppose to visit him cos thats what First Class kings do. While they may be right, have we asked ourselves what such visitors come to do? They just show up during election campaign period, grease the palms of this kings and the rest is history- they never show up again. But here is an Oba, who knows getting his palms greased would be his own benefit alone without his people having a crumb from it, going about to meet the high and mighty in order to attract investments to his kingdom cos his dream is to turn Ife into a tourist attraction. Can having himself glued to his palace achieve that? I believe his visit to Fashola is to look at ways electricity can increase in supply to his kingdom for investors to find appealing.

I believe with time, he is going to be loved and his ways better understood by reasonable people who aren't stuck with archaic ways.

Remember how we all lashed at Ambode when he first assumed mantle of leadership. Aren't we the same guys praising him now?

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by DIVINE78: 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
I wish the Ooni all the best.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by wallex1983(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
Fear Edo

#kesh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by CACAWA(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
wallex1983:
Fear Edo

#kesh
why

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Giyerte(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
Carry go my King.. .

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Pheals(f): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
Davbams:

Edo people! i hail oh!

control thins!
u mean they used juju control the ooni ? lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Vince77(m): 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Swaggerlicious Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
That white woman in aso oke. Na Yoruba woman she be too?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Francis95(m): 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
i luv the way Edo people dress....
im igbo tho... cool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is it the culture that the wife must always wear white? I've noticed she's mostly in white with her hair tied completely.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Davbams:

Edo people! i hail oh!

control thins!

Maybe her puny grip tight pass Tortiose yansh. lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Yoruba.
We lead,others follow.

#ProudlyYoruba.
#OduaNation

btw, y'all shud download my new song titled kuti @ https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/95310

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by meeky007(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ooni of ife everytime!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by greggng: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Francis95:
i luv the way Edo people dress....

im igbo tho... cool

You were making sense until u added you re igbo though. Who cares?

12 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by pocohantas(f): 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
That white woman in aso oke. Na Yoruba woman she be too?
Seems she is married to the man in similar fabric.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
maybe the ooni is trying to establish a bilateral relationship btween united nation heaquaters and ife kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Abeyjide: 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
I so much like his name enitan

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by dumie(f): 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
This Ooni thrives on publicity.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
space booked..comment later

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by specco(m): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
This Ooni seems over excited. What has he gone to the UN headquarters to do. Or are they holding a council of chiefs meeting there? Or another showman? We are watching.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Francis95(m): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
greggng:

You were making sense until u added you re igbo though. Who cares?
sorry boss cool

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by cycline404(m): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
Soji King...
We need more young fellas not all this old politicians wey don rule and spoil Nigeria before.
All those I.T.T....... FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI 1977

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by saintdennis(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
maybe the ooni is trying to establish a bilateral relationship btween united nation heaquaters and ife kingdom.

Lmaooooo. Nice joke bruv. Laffing

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
This visitation..... I smell something Seems the Yoruba are up to something. Just watch out!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) by Karm16: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Tosinayoko:
This visitation..... I smell something
Seems the Yoruba are up to something. Just watch out!

Fear of Yorubas ..... una no dey tire grin

Una call dem cowards ..... they get investments

Una call them dirty ...... but you can't stop moving to the SW

Now you're claiming that we're bombing you.

Yoruba phobia is even more emphasized nowadays.

Nnamdi kanu couldn't stop talking about Yorubas. Look where he ended up. grin

Is Ooni the only king in Nigeria? He's the only kings Nigerians talk about. #Kilode?

26 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.