Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Rising Cost Of Feeding-most Annoying Thing In Nigeria!!!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rising Cost Of Feeding-most Annoying Thing In Nigeria!!!! (463 Views)

Reduce Your Pigs Cost Of Feeding By More Than 40% With This. / Rising Cost Of Feed And Agrochemicals / Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rising Cost Of Feeding-most Annoying Thing In Nigeria!!!! by Honesty007(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
The dwindling oil revenues,constant vandalism of oil pipelines, terrorism,economic corruption,political brigandage cannot be compared to the inside of a Man's stomach.
Now,Nigerians are in for more trouble with the soaring prices of food items and perishable goods.
It amounts to a Dangerous situation due to the fact that majority of the working population are the youths and others in their average ages.
It calls for a solem agricultural revolution individually because Government may not be able to solve incoming problems in the next three years.Permit me to say this ''Money is the worst enemy of man and hunger is the worst Friend of Man.
The temptation hunger portends to man is far more devastating that the lack of Money.
Now that the economy is experiencing the pains of restructuring, healings from corruption and reorganization through diversification of the economy,it would be good to know that still yet,many unavoidable things are coming our way unless we take seriously the issue of food security to heart.
The spate of the economy spells a great danger for citizens if they don't embrace farming now.
I smell Famine anytime.
It would be disastrous for everyone even as State governors keep saying they can't pay wages and salaries because their state is broke.
I tell you that what is the hope of the common man who even has no Job
Those who have jobs have not been paid,how then would they provide food for their families
It is foolhardy for the working class to keep having hope in the Federal government as food insecurity steps up its Game.
It is high time now for us to start to plant.
It is annoying for a country blessed with soo much natural/abundant resources to now be suffering in the midst of plenty.
What a curse!!! Oil boom became our doom!!!
Politics has destroyed the natural structure and focus of food security in this country.
Now the solution is very simple ''One man!! One farm!!!
Plant anything plantable be it cassava,tomatoes,rice,beans,maize ,corn,millet, potatoes,sugarcane,cocoa,etc.
If you see any arable land,please start to plant now because the HARDSHIP THAT IS COMING WOULD FORCE MANY PEOPLE TO BECOME BEGGARS OVERNIGHT.
IT WOULD GET TO A TIME WHEN TRANSPORTATION MAY NOT BE TOO GOOD AGAIN AND THINGS WOULD BE TOUGH.IF YOU DON'T GO TO FARM NOW,HOW WOULD YOU MOVE OR GET TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU WOULD SEE FOOD
i shake my head @ the ignorance and foolishness of some state governors and politicians and citizens of this country.
A white man would come to Nigeria and shake his head at the fertile lands all wasting away,overgrown and vacant and he would be wondering why there is soo much suffering in this country.
The truth is ''how long would you keep waiting for incentives, bonuses, allowances,pensions , relief packages and loans from this government.
We have seen that even most beneficiaries are not able to meet up with obligations of loanas and most guarantors of any project always divert it to their own pockets!!!
So where are we going to in this country as Famine is KNOCKING AT THE DOOR NOW.
IS POLITICS FOOD? IS OIL FOOD? ARE WHITE COLLAR JOBS FOOD?
IS MONEY FOOD?

WHAT WOULD BE THE HOPE OF THE COMMON MAN WHEN WE HAVE NO FOOD AND WHEN THE VALUE OF FEEDING IS OUTWEIGHING ACCOMODATION
WHEN THE COMMON MAN IS SPENDING 8000 ON PREPARING SOUP PERDAY DUE TO HIGH COST OF INGREDIENTS!!!
IF HE HAD GROWN TOMATOES,PEPPER, VEGETABLES,ONIONS AT HIS BACKYARD,HE WOULD HAVE SAVED UP THE LITTLE MONEY HE HAD FOR OTHER THINGS.
OUR SCALE OF PREFERENCE IS TOTALLY DESTROYED IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE TO DOING THINGS IN THE FACE OF LOOMING CRISIS.
INSTEAD THE CHANGE WE HAVE AS A RESULT OF AGITATIONS FURTHER WORSENES THE HOPE OF ECONOMIC SURVIVAL.
I DON'T SEE PRICES OF FOOD STUFFS COMING DOWN IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS.IAM NOT A BAD WISHER.
I ALSO DON'T SEE OIL PRICES GOING DOWN AS LONG AS GREEDY POLITICIANS ARE AT THE HELM OF AFFAIRS IN THIS NATTION.
THE ONLY THING I SEE NOW IS BILLIONS OF LAND LYING FALLOW,NOT CULTIVATED AND YET ARABLE.
I SEE HOPE IN FOOD SECURITY BECAUSE WE CAN STILL AFFORD TO REAP WHAT WE SOW.
AGRICULTURE SEEMMS TO BE THE ONLY THINGS WHEREBY YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW,NO ONE DISTURBS YOU UNLIKE OTHER ACTIVITIES.
IF U WORK NOWADAYS,YOU HARDLY REAP WHAT U SOW,U ARE NOT PAID YOUR RIGHT WAGES AND SALARIES AND YOU KEEP SUFFERING.
HOW LONG WOULD THIS CYCLE OF SLAVERY AND SAVAGERY CONTINUE??
IN FACT,MANY GRADUATES ARE ALREADY FRUSTRATED.
VERY SOON THERE WOULD BE NO FOOD AGAIN AND MANY WOULD BE FORCED TOFARM.
DON'T LET IT GET TO THIS STAGE.PICK UP AND START TO FARM.
FARM TO SAVE FOR THE RAINY DAY.NIGERIA IS POOR AT ECONOMIC SAVINGS.OUR GOVERNMENT INSTEAD IS GOOD AT LOOTING,MASSIVE EMBEZZLEMENT OF FUNDS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
GOD HELP US ALL

(1) (Reply)

Raw Cashewnuts Available In Lagos / Be My Investor / Day Old Snail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.