Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Abandoned Boy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abandoned Boy (674 Views)

Thousands Of Expensive Cars Are Left Abandoned In Dubai (pictures) / Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / 63355677 Newborn Baby Abandoned By Parents Due To Wrinkly Skin Cle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Boy by MAYSAMUEL(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
I happen to be in Akwa Ibom right, Oron to be precise and there is a boy between 5/7 yrs abandoned in the village. He claimed to have been brought here by his mother who gave him bread and ask him to wait for her since more than 2 months ago. This little boy is suffering so much and he sleeps in the crayfish market very close to the jetty. the people around claimed he is a wizard that was why they came to drop him to die there and the villagers are very hostile to him and anybody who tries to feed him. I got to know that its a common practice amongs the people here, no matter how young or old a person is, they drive the person out if assumed to be a witch/wizard. I dont know what to do for the boy except buy him food occasionally when the villagers are not watching. I even heard they prosecuted a pastor who always come to the aid of people like this boy, so the man stopped helping. I have tried reaching some child Right Organizations here in Nigeria but yet to recieve any reply.Please if you know anyone in a position to help this boy pls don't hesitate to let me know.
Re: Abandoned Boy by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2009
I even heard they prosecuted a pastor who always come to the aid of people like this boy, so the man stopped helping

the villagers are very hostile to him and anybody who tries to feed him.

what a pity.
Re: Abandoned Boy by ogogoro: 8:08am On Aug 28, 2009
African Project Foundation, The
Address: 31 Ekong Edon Street, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
Phone: +234(0)8050811259
E-mail: info@africanproject.org Website: www.africanproject.org
Re: Abandoned Boy by Bestglo(f): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
shocked shocked shocked oh my goodness sad sad sad
i pray he gets help soon

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Do You Beleive / How Many Long Distance Relationship Have You Seen Lead To Marraige.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.