Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd (2661 Views)

Robert Mugabe Attends Graduation Ceremony At Open University Amid Army Takeover / Hillary Clinton Attends Wedding Wearing Agbada (LOOK) / Malawian Minister Sits On The Floor While Addressing President Peter Mutharika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Saw this pictures on Twitter today

Parents,guardians were shocked as President Obama attended his daughter's Malia Graduation ceremony with no guards,nor fanfare and sits with the crowd,the commander in chief is just a total dad. Even as Potus he drew no attention to himself and there was no special attention paid to the family during the ceremony.

If you compare this to Naija where our governors or President is attending a public function who would want to be recognised plus siege of soldiers patrolling everywhere. Not even a local government chairman would ever sit in the crowd.

3 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by adedayourt(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2016
wink
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by ramdris(m): 11:56am On Jun 11, 2016
For the mere fact dat u didn't see dem does not mean they were not there bro... Being protected or not is not d president choice, it's a constitutional task he must live with.

8 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by GudluckIBB(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
ramdris:
For the mere fact dat u didn't see dem does not mean they were not there bro... Being protected or not is not d president choice, it's a constitutional task he must live with.

But compare this event with a Nigerian own,you see police everywere.his seat will be different from were other parents sits

3 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Apelex(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
They are guards there.. Don't be surprised that even the camera man is a secret service agent.....

That's how they roll..but in Naija here you will see police and army full everywhere.. He would be seating in a Golden seat in the front with the VC and registrar of the school...

They would have given him a honorary Degree too.
He will now make a speech promising to improve education just on that day..then in the next day news you will see headlines like

I WILL IMPROVE EDUCATION IN NIGERIA--PMB

MORE FUNDS FOR VARSITY'S--PMB..

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Mediapace: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
Guards are there bro,them no mumu like our presidential convoy !!
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Mediapace: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
Apelex:
T
...FOR TOY
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by ramdris(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
GudluckIBB:

But compare this event with a Nigerian own,you see police everywere.his seat will be different from were other parents sits

Sure bro, that I agree with..
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Almaiga: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Opp, don't believe what u see on thase pictures. Most of the guest seated there are either FBI or CIA, i expect the security at the venue to be water tight.
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Apelex(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
Almaiga:
Opp, don't believe what u see on thase pictures. Most of the guest seated there are either FBI or CIA, i expect the security at the venue to be water tight.

Guarding the US president is the Exclusive work of the Secret service and not FBI or CIA.....
CIA are not even allowed to work on US soil..or carry weapons inside the US...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Hustlerlomo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op who tell you say guards no dey there? dem plenty for there.
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by hedonistic: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
Apelex:
They are guards there.. Don't be surprised that even the camera man is a secret service agent.....

That's how they roll..but in Naija here you will see police and army full everywhere.. He would be seating in a Golden seat in the front with the VC and registrar of the school...

He will now make a speech promising to improve education just on that day..then in the next day news you will see headlines like

Hahahaha. Ol boy you're right on point. I should buy you a few bottles of beer and peppersoup for this.

2 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Rossikk(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
danieloy4:
Saw this pictures on Twitter today

Parents,guardians were shocked as President Obama attended his daughter's Malia Graduation ceremony with no guards,nor fanfare and sits with the crowd,the commander in chief is just a total dad. Even as Potus he drew no attention to himself and there was no special attention paid to the family during the ceremony.

If you compare this to Naija where our governors or President is attending a public function who would want to be recognised plus siege of soldiers patrolling everywhere. Not even a local government chairman would ever sit in the crowd.
Inferiority complex is your problem. Anything the USA does must be right, and anything Nigeria does must be wrong. I bet you if the situation were such that Obama had visible security everywhere, while a Nigerian president mingled in the crowd with no security, you would criticise Nigeria for incompetence and security lapses. So the problem is in your head. Go and seek therapy to stop you from hating your own and loving outsiders.

4 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Frankiss44(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Apelex:

Lwkmd.. You couldn't have said it better.. Totally spot on.. Naija I hail

2 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nkemtreasure: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op, it's totally false.
Go to YouTube and watch videos on how the US President is guarded by the SS. At least a week before the event, even the parents that will visit there has already been veted. All the people sitted around him are all SS officials with their weapons. The parameters around the venue is fully guarded. The air space is shot down, even GSM signals are jammed. What we do here is the physical show, we are still learning work.
Don't ask how I know, it's my work.

3 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
That first born daughter is very tall
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Rossikk:
Inferiority complex is your problem. Anything the USA does must be right, and anything Nigeria does must be wrong. I bet you if the situation were such that Obama had visible security everywhere, while a Nigerian president mingled in the crowd with no security, you would criticise Nigeria for incompetence and security lapses. So the problem is in your head. Go and seek therapy to stop you from hating your own and loving outsiders.

Don't mind that Nigga.
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by SmileXtraone: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
That place has been scanned by the FBI. If a fly moves you would see action and they are wearing plain clothes sitting like they are parents too. grin
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Poseidon000: 1:02am On Jun 12, 2016
Rossikk:
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS87y5ntQ2OaRcfrsGXAIGG0w1coLsLYihzHPeugcuuZGKgIjGS[/img]
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Apelex(m): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:

Lwkmd.. You couldn't have said it better.. Totally spot on.. Naija I hail

Yah.lols
Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 14, 2016
The US president can never be unguarded,even if he chooses to ... its a law.

2 Likes

Re: Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2016
Nkemtreasure:
Op, it's totally false.
Go to YouTube and watch videos on how the US President is guarded by the SS. At least a week before the event, even the parents that will visit there has already been veted. All the people sitted around him are all SS officials with their weapons. The parameters around the venue is fully guarded. The air space is shot down, even GSM signals are jammed. What we do here is the physical show, we are still learning work.
Don't ask how I know, it's my work.

As for the bolded, the parents and other attendees are only screened at designated entry points at the venue.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Officials Looted $120bn Public Funds In 13 Years - Report / Anti-Zionist Jews Burning The Israeli Flag [PHOTO] / See What Kazakhstan Does With Part 17% Of Its Oil Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.