Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,126 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! (2003 Views)

Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Arsenal Vs Everton (0 - 0) On 16th April, 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2009
So we can say Nigerian are generally rich going by the standing of Dangote as the richest black man in the world

But we have one of the lowest income per head
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

So we can say Nigerian are generally rich going by the standing of Dangote as the richest black man in the world

But we have one of the lowest income per head

If Forbes and other credible organisations in demography say so. . . . .U cannot fault em.
UEFA is the footballing body organising these UCL/Europa competitions. . . .These facts are not LOST on em.
Even with that, they still tell us the EPL stands taller than their counterparts in Europe. . . .who are you to dispute it?
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Krayola2(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
. . The EPL is the strongest league because of the top 4 clubs. No one is questioning that they are currently the strongest league based on the UEFA rankings. UEFA has said so and i'm not going to argue that. That would just be strong head.

But please check out this UEFA ranking of clubs and see how low the non top-4 English teams appear. Besides the top 4 the next team on the list is Tottenham at 22nd, and then everton at 47. The EPl has 4 teams in the top 6 and that is where all their mouth comes from. the rest are just idoti!!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
Krayola2:

What do you mean by "quality"? I know quite a few people that are crazy about the bundesliga and some of the few games I've watched have been quite entertaining. Those are very subjective terms and the best measure in sports is IMO how teams perform in competiton. The rest na story and sour grapes.
By quality,I mean the type of footy played. My earliest memories of watching the english league(known back then as division one) was not a good one. Teams played only kick & rush,gra gra football. They could hardly string 4-5 passes before booting it upfield. I ain't saying teams have totally aboandoned playing that style of football but at least there is more variety in the league. The type and quality of defenders have also changed for the better.
Krayola2:

I refuse to believe that teams like Everton, and Aston Villa, Tottenham, portsmouth and Fulham are stronger than Lazio, or Roma, Fiorentina, Udinese, Palermo.  And I doubt that there is any argument u can make that will change my mind about how those teams compare with each other. (Maybe Tottenham on a good day, and Villa on their BEST day but not any of the others)
Absolutely not .Those teams are not stronger than their serie a or la liga counterparts. I watch la liga and serie a every week and teams don't park the bus with regular occurence like they do in the epl. They are prepared to go toe to toe with the big boys.
Krayola2:

What do u think, do u think those EPL teams are stronger than their Italian counterparts? I don't watch the German league so I can't really speak for them. .  but let's use Italy.
As I said in my last post,I don't believe they are stronger than their serie a counterparts. The defenders in particular are more solid.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
Krayola2:

. . The EPL is the strongest league because of the top 4 clubs. No one is questioning that they are currently the strongest league based on the UEFA rankings. UEFA has said so and i'm not going to argue that. That would just be strong head.

Thank Bleep you can now see the light.

But please check out this UEFA ranking of clubs and see how low the non top-4 English teams appear. Besides the top 4 the next team on the list is Tottenham at 22nd, and then everton at 47. The EPl has 4 teams in the top 6 and that is where all their mouth comes from. the rest are just idoti!!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html

Argue with sense now. . . . . .U said apart from the top 4 teams in England, the next on the list is Tottenham in number 22?
What positions are the teams ranked 5th in Germany, 5th in Italy, 5th in Spain and 5th in France?

England's 5th best club is Tottenham(22nd in Europe)

Spain's 5th best club is Espanyol(24th in Europe)
Germany's 5th best club is Leverkusen(42nd in Europe)
Italy's 5th best club is Fiorentina(34th in Europe)
France's 5th best club is Lille(53rd in Europe)

If these things don't tell you EPL is the best in Europe, nothing else will.
You guys should get some perspective. . . . If UEFA in their wisdom say EPL is the best in Europe, i see no common sense arguing about it.
It's not as if they like England and the inhabitants. . . . .so whatz the fuss about?
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
The 6th best team in England is Everton at 47th
The 6th best in Spain is Valencia in 26th in Europe 7th best is Atletico 36th
The 6th best in germany is Stuttgart 44th position
The 6th best in Italy is Udinese at 45th. You can see how dire things look as we go towards midtable which is the average rating of the league
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

The 6th best in Italy is Udinese at 45th. You can see how dire things look as we go towards midtable which is the average rating of the league
We all know for the mid table teams in the epl,its all about hussle and bussle footy. However this does not distract from the fact that @ worst, the epl is the second best league in the world.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Krayola2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2009
Sauron, u have a point and I didn't notice that. Compared to the other leagues EPl teams are much better than i assumed.

But Spain has 3 teams between your 4th and 6th teams that are outside the our top 3.

take away the top 4 teams in England and Spain and u have this list.

1) Tottenham hotspur (22nd)

2)Espanyol (24th)

3)Valencia (26th)

4)Atletico Madrid (36)

Next are Everton, Blckburn  (both tied at 47th) and Osasuna(49th) within a "co-efficient" point of each other. . .

that should tell u something about the relative strength of the teams outside the top 4 of those 2 leagues.

BUT. . .I do concede now that the EPL is the strongest league. But i maintain that if we were to remove the top 4 from the leagues, La liga would be the best.  But that is only going to happen in my dreams  tongue  EPL wins by a nail.  angry

Fuknin Real Madrid and their underachieving lazy asses na im dey cause all this nonsense for La liga. Thank goodness for Sevilla
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

But the Valencias, Udineses, Stuttgarts and Athleticos can never play in the S/finals of the UCL let alone win it.
Playing in the UCL attract more points than playing in the Europa cup
Get some perspective. . . . .It's like comparing UME and PCE in Naija.

Krayola2:

Sauron, u have a point and I didn't notice that. Compared to the other leagues EPl teams are much better than i assumed.

But Spain has 3 teams between your 4th and 6th teams that are outside the our top 3.

take away the top 4 teams in England and Spain and u have this list.

1) Tottenham hotspur (22nd)

2)Espanyol (24th)

3)Valencia (26th)

4)Atletico Madrid (36)

Next are Everton, Blckburn  (both tied at 47th) and Osasuna(49th) within a "co-efficient" point of each other. . .

that should tell u something about the relative strength of the teams outside the top 4 of those 2 leagues.

BUT. . .I do concede now that the EPL is the strongest league. But i maintain that if we were to remove the top 4 from the leagues, La liga would be the best.  But that is only going to happen in my dreams  tongue  EPL wins by a nail.  angry

Fuknin Real Madrid and their underachieving lazy asses na im dey cause all this nonsense for La liga.  Thank goodness for Sevilla

Letz assume for a second the EPL can only play 2 teams in the Champions League.
Don't u think Chelsea and Arsenal will dominate other clubs in the Europa cup this season?
Playing 4 clubs in the UCL is a huge disadvantage for EPL as it diminishes the quality of the teams they woulda produced in the Europa league.

Germany play 3 clubs in the UCL. . . . .It means their 4th strongest club gets to play in the Europa league and dominate the 5th strongest of EPL.
Can you see the mis-match now? Same goes for Spain, Italy and France.
Let UEFA cut teams representing each country to 2 then we will see whether EPL will rule Europa cup or not.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
Krayola2:

The difference between la liga and the EPL is a shoe length. La liga has better attackers while the EPL has better defenders.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2009
Valencia might sneak in and get knocked out by mourinhos Chelsea once in a while.

If your first son is the best in primary 6 and your 2nd son the worst in primary 4. Can we say the Saurons family are the smartest in the school?
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

Valencia might sneak in and get knocked out by mourinhos Chelsea once in a while.

If your first son is the best in primary 6 and your 2nd son the worst in primary 4. Can we say the Saurons family are the smartest in the school?

Yes. . . . .Sauron's family will effectively be the smartest in the school cos his son blasted the hardest exam the school had to offer.
If i have a son that scores 400 in JAMB and another one that scores 50 in Poly-Jamb. . . . .I will get the credits as a father of the son that took JAMB apart.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Germany play 3 clubs in the UCL. . . . .It means their 4th strongest club gets to play in the Europa league and dominate the 5th strongest of EPL.
[b]Can you see the mis-match now? Same goes for Spain, Italy and France.[/b]Let UEFA cut teams representing each country to 2 then we will see whether EPL will rule Europa cup or not.
The top 4 teams in england,spain and italy play champions league footy every season(its not only england).
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
chic2pimp:

The top 4 teams in england,spain and italy play champions league footy every season(its not only england).

But English teams tend to last longer in the competition as far as the last 5 seasons are concerned.
Besides, the 2nd-4th strongest teams in Spain, Italy and France crash out early of the UCL group stages and dominate Europa cup.
Arsenal are the 4th best team in England. . . .If they ever play in the Europa cup, they will WIN the competition.

Last season, the strongest Italian team crashed out in the last 16.
Tell us what happened to the 3rd/4th strongest teams in Spain and Italy in the last 5 seasons in the UCL. . . . . . .
In the last few seasons or so. . . .English clubs have dominated the semi-finals.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by mystikal(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
oh dear! Is this poster serious? how flawed is the basis of this conclusion? so WTF if Villa lost to Vienna? when teams that are supposed to be champions or thereabout in their leagues now come 2 struggle with the 4th, 5th, 6th teams in England in the UEFA instead of their mates in the UCL, that should be a compliment to the EPL.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
Mystikal

Dont be dumb. Thats how its structured. 4 teams come from some leagues and other leagues just have 1
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Krayola2(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
Na wa o!! Nigerians get strong head o. UEFA wey get the competition talk say na England win. The rest na storee. As long as na Barca be #1 me i dey ok  grin grin cool  tongue
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by mystikal(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
sorry! I would have even checked 2 see that Sauron already proved u wrong b4 trying. my bad!

Villa fisinhed 6th in the EPL, and Vienna only won on away goals. Vienna would give the 6th placed team in any league a run 4 their money.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
Villa fisinhed 6th in the EPL, and Vienna only won on away goals. Vienna would give the 6th placed team in any league a run 4 their money.

Bremen finished tenth in the Bundesliga they beat their opponent 8-3 aggregates
Hamburg finished 5th in the Bundesliga they beat Guingamp 8-2 aggregates
valencia finished 6th in La Liga they beat their opponent 7-1 aggregates
Roma finished 6th in Serie A, They beat their opponents 10-4 aggregates
Lazio finished 10th in Serie A they beat Elfsborg 3-1 aggregate

The above stats shows your argument does not hold water
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Krayola2(m): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
Barcelona is King!! everybody comot for road!! Chelsea, come and polish my shoe. Man UTD, go wash my car. . . Arsenal. .small boys, go buy cigar come for me from the aboki wey dey junction. . . Bayern, kneel down hands up and close ur eyes!! cool

See all these people dey struggle for third runner up grin grin grin
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by MrCrackles(m): 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
Krayola2:

Barcelona is King!! everybody comot for road!! Chelsea, come and polish my shoe. Man UTD, go wash my car. . . Arsenal. .small boys, go buy cigar come for me from the aboki wey dey junction. . . Bayern, kneel down hands up and close your eyes!! cool
My friend sharrap!
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Krayola2(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

My friend sharrap!

hehehe. ok. wink

Where is the cigar i sent u to go and buy?
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
Krayola2:

Barcelona is King!! everybody comot for road!! Chelsea, come and polish my shoe. Man UTD, go wash my car. . . Arsenal. .small boys, go buy cigar come for me from the aboki wey dey junction. . . Bayern, kneel down hands up and close your eyes!! cool

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by biina: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2009
When Rapid Vienna beat Aston Villa (6th in EPL) 1-0, you were running your mouth like an Agbero on 'off duty' at Oshodi.
Oya come explain how same Rapid Vienna beat Hamburg (5th in  Bundesliga)  3-0  shocked
Even Hertha Berlin (4th in Bundesliga) could only manage a home draw against Ventspils undecided
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by tkb417(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2009
biina:

When Rapid Vienna beat Aston Villa (6th in EPL) 1-0, you were running your mouth like an Agbero on 'off duty' at Oshodi.
Oya come explain how same Rapid Vienna beat Hamburg (5th in Bundesliga) 3-0 shocked
Even Hertha Berlin (4th in Bundesliga) could only manage a home draw against Ventspils undecided
u dey mind am
Everton just walloped AEK yesterday, they wont mention it
they wont see Fulham playing 1-1 away to CSKA Sofia

they will only see what wanna see
waiting for them to lose grin
rubbish argument
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Is EPL the best league?

Benfica 4 Everton 0

Austria Vienna 1 Bremen 2

No be me talk am, na scoreboard talk am
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by khanye(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Is EPL the best league?

Benfica 4 Everton 0

Austria Vienna 1 Bremen 2

No be me talk am, na scoreboard talk am

Benfica 5 Everton 0 (7mins to go) grin
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Benfica 5 Everton 0.

God go help dem make dem no spell E-V-E-R-T-O-N
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by chic2pimp(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ Make Una league the EPL alone jare grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
Na Benfica you go beg oh No be me.
Re: Is Epl Really The Best League? Benfica 5 Everton 0 !!!!!! by Sauron1: 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
Where were you when Everton copped these results.

Everton 4-0 AEK Athens
Everton 5-1 Sigma Oloumoc.

Benfica are no pushovers.
They are the 2nd best team in Portugal and with quality players like Aimar, Saviola, Di Maria and Luisao playing for them. . .What do you expect?

We are talking about a club that has won 31 domestic league titles, 24 Portugese cups and played in 7 UCL finals and winning it TWICE.
Everton/Benfica is a mismatch. . . . . .There i said it.

This is synonymous to Chelsea/Liverpool going to the Europa league and stuffing teams on the continent.
By natural order, Benfica shouldn't even be playing in the Europa league. . . .They eliminated United in the UCL in 2005/6 season.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pep Guadiola Vs Jose Mourinho / UCL: Barcelona Vs Bate Borisov (4 - 0) On 6th December / Arsenal Grabs £6m Sagna/strictly For Gunners!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.