Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

More Of The Same! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / More Of The Same! (379 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Of The Same! by Kanimoe(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
Okay so we saw Dimitri Payet deliver a win for his country on the opening day even though France didn’t quite impress us as we thought they would; but a win is a win. The game itself was quite entertaining right from kick off and we hope that rubs off on all the other games.

Today we will see Albania take on Switzerland at 2:00pm, Wales versus Slovakia at 5:00pm and then the game of the day at 8:00pm as England and Russia do battle.

Personally, I think Switzerland should win easily against Albania, they have way more quality than the Albanians can handle. In Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri, the Swiss have got reasonable levels of creativity to hurt their opponents. Juventus wingback Stephan Lichtsteiner is another player who can stretch the game with his wing play and deliver quality balls into the box. As for Albania, they say this is the best squad they have ever had but really I don’t see them causing any upsets.

Did you know that Switzerland’s Granit Xhaka’s brother, Taulant Xhaka plays for Albania?
Verdict: Albania 0 – 2 Switzerland

Wales versus Slovakia is going to be as tough as any game we are going to see in this competition. The Welsh have a squad I would say is a little about average but in superstar attacker Gareth Bale, they are considered a one man band. If Bale plays really well with a little help from Aaron Ramsey, then Wales will win this game easily.
The Slovakians are strong, strong in terms of their work as a unit. Their lack of technique is concealed by their grit and willingness to go out and graft. Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik and Martin Skrtel of Liverpool will have to always be on top of their game to give Slovakia any hope of surviving this group.

Verdict: Wales 2 – 1 Slovakia

The last time England did anything meaning was in the 1966 World Cup which they hosted, since then they have been disappointing at every tournament. I believe this time they have a better chance than in previous tournaments. Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy should have starring roles with Wayne Rooney orchestrating.
Russia always seems to be a difficult team to beat and I doubt that will change. Zenit St. Petersburg pair Oleg Shatov and Artem Dzyuba are clearly the danger men in this team. I would like to call this a draw but I think England could win by the odd goal – Marcus Rashford could pop up with the winner.

Verdict: England 3 – 2 Russia

Still sticking to my French I say laisse espérer pour plus de drame. grin

Culled from http://kansport..com.ng/2016/06/more-of-same.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Sure Bet Prediction And Sport News / Suspended Disqualification And Fine For Russia / 2 Changes: 2 Coaches, 2 Coaches And 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.