Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster (1981 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Infinix Note 3 X601 Official Discussion Thread - Join The Conversation / Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by femdevcon(f): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
About 2Hours ago I recieved a message notification from my phone from a Number 07034827884 Reading thus
Dear customer,Due to the BVN Validation in compliance with CBN directives, your ATM card has be De_activated call our help line @08145071847 for Re_activation

Deep inside me I knew it was a fraudulent unsolicited sms , because CBN has warned of such severally in their official website.

having so much weekend bonus on my line I decided to place a call to the afformentioned number , Alas it was a male with an husky voice that cannot be even associated with a customer care representative.

The following conversation ensued between me and the so call CBN customer representative which I recorded.

[url="http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/download-and-listen-to-my-conversation.html"]You can Download The recorded Voice conversation Here[/url]

Me: hello sir good morning I'm Micheal

Fraudster: Micheal how are u doing?

Me : fine sir, I received a message saying you people has blocked my ATM card.

Fraudster: have you done your BVN?

Me : Yes Sir

Fraudster: which Bank did you link it to?

Me: GT Bank sir in Tudun wada Kaduna

Fraudster: When did you withdraw last with your ATM card ?

Me : the day before yesterday

Fraudster: how much was your last withdrawal , how much is your current balance?

Me : I withdrew #18,000 and my current balance is #42,000 (lie)

Fraudster: we are going to reconnect your ATM card for you Shortly, are you with your ATM card ?

Me: Yes sir let me check for it hold on a second sir.

Fraudster: Are you with it now?

Me: yea, I'm with it

Fraudster: is it a master card or a visa card?

Me : Master card sir

Fraudster: Alright call the serial number starting with 5399..

Me : I started calling a random numbers my head pick .

And he placed the call on hold for 12 seconds, (I don't know why)

Me: Helo Sir, sir are u there?

Fraudster: continue calling the numbers

Me: I started calling another entirely different random numbers again

Fraudster: Are you out of your mind ?

Me: you are very stupid sir, fraudster like you oloshi,

And he hanged up,

Redial the number again but he didnt pick and tried the second time he picked but didn't talked , I frustrated him till he switched off the phone

This post is an eye opener, don't fall a victim, never reveal your credit card information to anyone even your bank nor CBN will ask you for it .

Source:http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/download-and-listen-to-my-conversation.html?m=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by justicejay(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
Na oloshi dem be .av done it to some of them too.

1 Like

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
u even try for am, me just call them after like 30sec, that's the place they will always ask you to call the atm number for them. I just tell am say sir can I say something, the mumu say go on.

na so I tell am say as u try to cross road today, na full loaded dangote trailer go kill you, finger them no go see from your body, before I even finish the talk the guy just send me one course and rush end the call.

11 Likes

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by femdevcon(f): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
DONMAYOR19:
u even try for am, me just call them after like 30sec, that's the place they will always ask you to call the atm number for them. I just tell am say sir can I say something, the mumu say go on.

na so I tell am say as u try to cross road today, na full loaded dangote trailer go kill you, finger them no go see from your body, before I even finish the talk the guy just send me one course and rush end the call.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by Lucasbible: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hahahahaha. I did something similar one scammer. Same process they used and I know he was a scammer.
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
SAI CHAJI DOLE!! cheesy
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by Earth2Metahuman: 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
I received that same message on my two lines

I already gave him my ATM card an my bank account. In fact I'm thinking of giving him my PayPal password grin

1 Like

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by CAPSLOCKED: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by Hotdiamond(m): 11:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
Got the idiotic message last month.

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by oodua1stson: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=femdevcon post=46478431][/quote]hello Oga

Can you sell to me one of your power bank casing with the panel

I have a working battery, I only need the panel
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by oodua1stson: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
femdevcon:

grin
Oga can you sell one of your power bank casing and the panel ?

I have the battery I only needed the casing and panel

Thanks
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by lekjons(m): 3:08am On Jun 12, 2016
femdevcon:
About 2Hours ago I recieved a message notification from my phone from a Number 07034827884 Reading thus
Dear customer,Due to the BVN Validation in compliance with CBN directives, your ATM card has be De_activated call our help line @08145071847 for Re_activation

Deep inside me I knew it was a fraudulent unsolicited sms , because CBN has warned of such severally in their official website.

having so much weekend bonus on my line I decided to place a call to the afformentioned number , Alas it was a male with an husky voice that cannot be even associated with a customer care representative.

The following conversation ensued between me and the so call CBN customer representative which I recorded.

[url="http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/download-and-listen-to-my-conversation.html"]You can Download The recorded Voice conversation Here[/url]

Me: hello sir good morning I'm Micheal

Fraudster: Micheal how are u doing?

Me : fine sir, I received a message saying you people has blocked my ATM card.

Fraudster: have you done your BVN?

Me : Yes Sir

Fraudster: which Bank did you link it to?

Me: GT Bank sir in Tudun wada Kaduna

Fraudster: When did you withdraw last with your ATM card ?

Me : the day before yesterday

Fraudster: how much was your last withdrawal , how much is your current balance?

Me : I withdrew #18,000 and my current balance is #42,000 (lie)

Fraudster: we are going to reconnect your ATM card for you Shortly, are you with your ATM card ?

Me: Yes sir let me check for it hold on a second sir.

Fraudster: Are you with it now?

Me: yea, I'm with it

Fraudster: is it a master card or a visa card?

Me : Master card sir

Fraudster: Alright call the serial number starting with 5399..

Me : I started calling a random numbers my head pick .

And he placed the call on hold for 12 seconds, (I don't know why)

Me: Helo Sir, sir are u there?

Fraudster: continue calling the numbers

Me: I started calling another entirely different random numbers again

Fraudster: Are you out of your mind ?

Me: you are very stupid sir, fraudster like you oloshi,

And he hanged up,

Redial the number again but he didnt pick and tried the second time he picked but didn't talked , I frustrated him till he switched off the phone

This post is an eye opener, don't fall a victim, never reveal your credit card information to anyone even your bank nor CBN will ask you for it .

Source:http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/download-and-listen-to-my-conversation.html?m=1
next time, advertise iphone6 for N30k on OLX, and drop his number there.. random people will do the frustration work for you 'forever'..gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by mrhansome12(m): 8:20am On Jun 12, 2016
My reply to them

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by princeisah26(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
i also received the same msg yestaday
i knew its was fraud
even if my card was deactivated i will receive the msg with the name of my bank on it nd also on my Email not frm an MTN number..and was even on my way to the atm when i received the msg

Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by Hollawaley(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Share to your people.
I Saved a friend from falling into their trap. They would have wiped his acct full of his school fees and other stuff.
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by femdevcon(f): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2016
oodua1stson:
hello Oga

Can you sell to me one of your power bank casing with the panel

I have a working battery, I only need the panel
hit me up on WhatsApp 0-9-0-5-9-8-1-1-4-2-2
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by oodua1stson: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2016
femdevcon:

hit me up on WhatsApp 0-9-0-5-9-8-1-1-4-2-2
gracias
Re: Listen To A Nairalander Conversation With An ATM Fraudster by twixx(f): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2016
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

#takecharge; The Infinix Note 4 Discussion Thread / Infinix As A Big Name But Big Disappointment / Infinix Hot4 Pro Wahala Doesnt Want To Come On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.