Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism (2536 Views)

Police Arrest 8 Cultists Over Clash Between Aiye And Eiye Confraternities. Photo / Alora And Aye Confraternities Clash In Osun, 2 Dead, Others Injured / Eiye Cult Leader Killed In Ipaja Cultism Clash - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
By Edikan Victor

When I was a little child, members of confraternity were usually referred to as “Secret Cult Members” maybe because then it was strictly a secret affair and was mostly operated in campus. Today in Nigeria Confraternities (cultism) is a household name among many youths because it’s no longer secret.

In some cities in Nigeria, One out of every five young man within the ages of 17-35 is a member of a fraternity (a cultist). I remember one young man who told me that I have not yet started life or known anything as a youth if I’m not a member (belong) of a confraternity.

Based on the various orientation Nigerian youths are fed with about cultism at their teenage age, so many of them are submitting themselves for initiation (blending) or are looking for all means to be initiated (blend) into one.

Our youths are given various orientations like;

You have to be a cultist before you can get a good job after graduation.

You have to be a cultist before you can be connected to politicians.

You have to be a cultist before you can have access to top business men in the society.

You have to be a cultist before you can date beautiful girls.( I’ll talk about this later, very important).

You have to be a cultist for you not to be molested in the society.

After buying these orientations they will gladly join cultism without thinking about the consequences that follows it. Now let me talk about some of the points I have written above;

You have to be a cultist before you can get a good job after graduation

Most Nigerian youths have this mentality, but to a great extent this statement is real in Nigeria due to high level of corruption where employments are not done based on merits but based on nepotism and bribe. The truth is that so many of them end up being jobless after graduation while some are into menial jobs which do not earn them enough money to take care of themselves.

It is these jobless ones that are always eager to cause troubles, especially stealing and robbery and are always on stand-by to executive tasks by their Capone or Godfathers which brings us to the next point;

You have to be a cultist before you can be connected to politicians.

This reason alone has wasted so many precious lives of our youths. Youths will kill themselves in order to be connected or known by politicians. After initiation into cultism they’ll become evil errand boys to the politicians where they will be sent to assassinate and kill opponents either during election or for contracts and also as political thugs during election period.

These politicians will never settle them to be independent by giving them good job or open a good business for them rather they’ll always be giving them little amounts of money that will vanish within a very short period.

Some can even spend hundreds of thousand for them at the hotel buying drinks, meats and even telling them to pick commercial prostitutes on them knowing that the pleasure will last for a very short period. This makes the boys always at their beck and call.

The only ways politicians settle these cultists is by telling them to go into the society and do whatever they can do to get money with the assurance that their influence will cover them in case any legal action arise. Hence the reason why some cultists go into the streets and rob comfortably without fear in them and also commit atrocities like rape, fight and murder with the assurance that the influence of their Godfathers covers them.

You have to be a cultist before you can date beautiful girls

Yes, this is another reason that has driven so many young men into cultism. Well, I can’t really say if this is true but there’ve been so many cult clashes that have wasted many lives because of girls. Most girls or ladies anyhow you call them are devilish in nature (forgive me if you’re a girl reading this). Since many girls are naturally trouble makers they’ll always want to date a man who will be there to fight for them anytime the cause trouble and hence the reason why so many girls will prefer to date a cultist.

Source : http://brainnewsng.com/reasons-why-nigerian-youths-are-rushing-into-confraternities-cultism/

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by chukxie(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
Well said.
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by Ewizard(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hookay
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
chukxie:
Well said.

Thanks dear
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by theEYe21(f): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op If girls are devilish in nature why date one or marry one? grin
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by chido20(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
XXXXXXXX O........
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Frontpage worthy.

One thing I learned quickly after graduation was most ex-cult members were quick to open up on their past misdeeds and also denounce the act. Many who I found with jobs always said employment connections were not gifted via membership but by luck like everyone else in the labour market.
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
theEYe21:
Op If girls are devilish in nature why date one or marry one? grin

I never meant to rate or address ladies in that way.

Forgive me, it was drawn there, just for illustration reasons.
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by passionate88: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2016

Since many girls are naturally trouble makers they’ll always want to date a man who will be there to fight for them anytime the cause trouble and hence the reason why so many girls will prefer to date a cultist.

That's why they termed aggressive men as real men, a man that can take care of them
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by stefanweeks: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2016
cry
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
charix:
Frontpage worthy.

One thing I learned quickly after graduation was most ex-cult members were quick to open up on their past misdeeds and also denounce the act. Many who I found with jobs always said employment connections were not gifted via membership but by luck like everyone else in the labour market.

Some will be begging Jew men to give them job instead of getting automatic employment from their members as they thought
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BigMan4Life: 1:29am On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2016
passionate88:
That's why they termed aggressive men as real men, a man that can take care of them

You are on point
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lalasticlala let our Nigerian youth really read this article
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hmm.
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by LEXYCOM: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
I don't have to be a cultist to be successful in life, all I need is JESUS and sucess is assured

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by zarakay(f): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2016
LEXYCOM:
I don't have to be a cultist to be successful in life, all I need is JESUS and sucess is assured

exactly!!!
people just keep deceiving themselves
cultism has never helped anyone
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Cultist who you epp cheesy Iranu Abacha
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by nizetee: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2016
A cultist may be among the commentators here. Since the article says one out of five are involved.
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by winj3: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
the real reason is lack of family planning and population control.

People had these children knowing they cannot feed and cater for them!
Re: Reason Why Nigerian Youths Are Rushing Into (confraternities) Cultism by SurefireFashion: 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Well sais especially the guys

(1) (Reply)

See The New Sophiscated Methods Yahoo Boys use these days / The True Story Of Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House / See Why This Girl Cut Off Her Boyfriend Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.