Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

University Of Ilorin, Ilorin. Nigeria: ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY ST - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin, Ilorin. Nigeria: ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY ST (1914 Views)

2015/2016 Direct Entry Into University Of Ilorin(ilorin) / Unilag Post Ume Cut Off Mark 2009/2010 / Lasu Releases The Result Of 2009/2010 Postume Screening Lagos State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ilorin, Ilorin. Nigeria: ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY ST by ndelta1(m): 7:25am On Aug 28, 2009
SCHOOL OF PRELIMINARY STUDIES

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN. NIGERIA

ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY STUDIES PROGRAMME

Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Preliminary Studies programme in Arts, Arts Education, Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Science and Science Education for the 2009/2010 academic session.

(a) Venue of Programme

The venue of the programme shall be off-campus and temporarily at the Ilorin Foundation Multipurpose complex, after Ilorin Grammar School, Geri Alimi, Ilorin. The school will move shortly to its permanent site at Fufu, near Ilorin.

Admission Requirements

(b)  Qualifications

1. Arts and Arts Education

(i)         Applicants must pass five subjects at credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized  by WAEC/NECO and should include the major subject of study.

(ii)        Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the third may be from the Social Sciences.

Note:  There is no preliminary studies programme in B.A.(Hons) English.

2. Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Science and Science  Education.

Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC/NECO.

(c) Specific Requirements

(i) Faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of credit grade in Biology.

(d) Duration of Programme

The programme is for a duration of two semesters (one academic session)

(e)  Eligibility

The Preliminary Studies programme is primarily open to applicants from the catchment areas of the University of Ilorin: Benue, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara states.

(f)  General Conditions

(i)  Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

(ii)  Applicants must write the 2009/2010 JAMB/UME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.

(iii)  Applicants are to note that the programme is non-residential.

(g) Method of Application

Candidates should pay the sum of N5000.00 (five thousand naira) at any of the banks registered with e-tranzact and obtain a pin vending (receipt number and confirmation order number) which will be used for on-line completion of application.  Candidates will be expected to pay  bank charges of N250.00 (two hundred and fifty naira)  in addition to the application fee.
Each candidate is expected to download the form to confirm his/her  Local Government.  This form must be filled and it must be endorsed by the Chairman / Secretary of the Local Government.  A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration. Closing date for submission of form is  Friday, 18TH September, 2009.

Banks registered with e-tranzact are: First Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc, Afribank Plc, Bank PHB Plc, Ecobank Plc,  Fidelity Bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Plc, FinBank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Intercontinental Bank Plc, Oceanic Bank Plc, Skye Bank Plc, Spring Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, Union Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Wema Bank Plc  Zenith Bank Plc.

N:B: For Enquiries on the 2009/2010 Remedial Program, send a mail to  remedial2009@unilorin.edu.ng

MRS OLUFOLAKE  O. OYEYEMI

REGISTRAR
Re: University Of Ilorin, Ilorin. Nigeria: ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY ST by Mac4u2nv(m): 1:38am On Sep 06, 2009
Pls phemor,i just got de form but made a mistake by bypassin downloadin a form dats supposed to be signed by my local govt chairman/secretary, Pls kindly post de link to download dat form cos i cant log in again wit my etranzact pin its keeps sayin, "u've been registered" pls i need ur help on dis 1.
Re: University Of Ilorin, Ilorin. Nigeria: ADVERTISEMENT OF 2009/2010 PRELIMINARY ST by Mac4u2nv(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2009
Pls,i dey wait oooo,

(1) (Reply)

Any Info On Umaru Musa Yar'adua University 2nd Admission List / Ask And Answer Any Confusing Jamb/pume English Questions. Join Us. / UNILORIN: GNS Results Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.