Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! (4291 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Nigerian Blogger Gets Published On Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:29am On Jun 14, 2016
wahabian:
making Nigeria proud,thank you bro.

Thanks bro, we all can do that more.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by neoshaklum(m): 5:49am On Jun 14, 2016
This is pretty impressive and inspiring, how do you keep motivated when your campaign(s) does not meet your target when starting up. And do you have any kind of resource guide to put one on track?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by autofreak2020(m): 6:32am On Jun 14, 2016
Please sir, I need you to guide me on how to write award winning essay. I have submitted a couple of essay in the last 400 days and none has made it to final stage, then I wonder what might be wrong.

I have 3 requests sir;

1. Can you mentor someone who's got no background in writing (essay, article and blog post). It is worthy to confess to you that, I did calculations throughout my University degree. I studied mechanical engineering.

2. Can you share 7 samples of your essays that made it to final stage of essay competition with me?

3. I want you to recommend any writing guide to me, it could be books, video tutorials, audios or websites.

I anticipate your response. Thanks.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Doskit(m): 6:36am On Jun 14, 2016
Hello brother, I have so much passion for writing but there is this phobia I have that makes me feel I can't write well if I do. I'm currently a student at OAU and will love to go through training if you have any. oxygenmat .

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Oxygenmat:

Thanks bro, we all can do that more.
Trying bro,how do you advice I overcome the issue of lack of capital?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by abbey621(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm very intrigued by your passion but I do have a few concerns/questions:

1: You claim to have worked with a company like Shopify? Specifically their marketing campaign? Was that this year? I consulted for them earlier this year through auditing and was wondering why I never heard of your company?

2. You claim your company made six figures U.S Dollars in it's first year and you also bagged your degree within the same time period(According to LinkedIn), how many people are employed in your company?

3. Your website looks to plain for a company that makes six figures in U.S dollars, look into upgrading it to meet the demands of global marketing teams. Seems the website was created less than 6 months ago, why did it take you so long? Especially since you've been earning good amount of income since 2014.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by lastbaff(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulations Abdullahi.

How did you get clients when you started out as a freelance writer?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thank you for this wonderful initiative. Here are my questions: 1. How can I develop and sustain my writing style? 2. How can I market my potentials online? 3. How can I create a marketing network for my works? There are others but please answer these ones first. Thanks.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
neoshaklum:
This is pretty impressive and inspiring, how do you keep motivated when your campaign(s) does not meet your target when starting up. And do you have any kind of resource guide to put one on track?

I diversify everything: clients, marketing channels, offerings, profit model, everything. That way, when an aspect isn't working well, some others are there to fall back on. I recommend "Choose Yourself" by James Altucher. That has to be the best business book I ever read.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
autofreak2020:
Please sir, I need you to guide me on how to write award winning essay. I have submitted a couple of essay in the last 400 days and none has made it to final stage, then I wonder what might be wrong.

I have 3 requests sir;

1. Can you mentor someone who's got no background in writing (essay, article and blog post). It is worthy to confess to you that, I did calculations throughout my University degree. I studied mechanical engineering.

2. Can you share 7 samples of your essays that made it to final stage of essay competition with me?

3. I want you to recommend any writing guide to me, it could be books, video tutorials, audios or websites.

I anticipate your response. Thanks.

1. From what you've typed, I like to think you write well. You just need to give more contests a shot.

2. See some here: http://naijawriterscoach.com/category/winning-entries/

3. DailyWritingTips.com; "Elements of Style" by William Strunk (you can download it for free online); my free book, "Your Right To Write," etc.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Doskit:
Hello brother, I have so much passion for writing but there is this phobia I have that makes me feel I can't write well if I do. I'm currently a student at OAU and will love to go through training if you have any. oxygenmat .

Just start writing, that's the only way to overcome your fears. I used to have phobia too.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
wahabian:

Trying bro,how do you advice I overcome the issue of lack of capital?

Do some side hustlings.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Oxygenmat:

Do some side hustlings.
Thanks man,your advice is golden.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
abbey621:
I'm very intrigued by your passion but I do have a few concerns/questions:

1: You claim to have worked with a company like Shopify? Specifically their marketing campaign? Was that this year? I consulted for them earlier this year through auditing and was wondering why I never heard of your company?

2. You claim your company made six figures U.S Dollars in it's first year and you also bagged your degree within the same time period(According to LinkedIn), how many people are employed in your company?

3. Your website looks to plain for a company that makes six figures in U.S dollars, look into upgrading it to meet the demands of global marketing teams. Seems the website was created less than 6 months ago, why did it take you so long? Especially since you've been earning good amount of income since 2014.

1. Their marketing manager would be out of job if he discloses he outsourced all the smart work the company thinks he did.

2. Two employees and 30+ freelancers

3. LOL. Have you seen how "plain" kottongrammer.com looks? The site makes $7m EVERY YEAR.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
lastbaff:
Congratulations Abdullahi.

How did you get clients when you started out as a freelance writer?

They come to me on my site and from the sites I guest post on. These two methods have worked well for other rockstar Nigerian freelancers like Bamidele Onibalusi and Victor Ijidola.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by neoshaklum(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Oxygenmat:

I diversify everything: clients, marketing channels, offerings, profit model, everything. That way, when an aspect isn't working well, some others are there to fall back on. I recommend "Choose Yourself" by James Altucher. That has to be the best business book I ever read.

Okies bro, I'll try to put some effort after Ramadhaan Insha Allaah , keep on showing them what stuff you're made off.
More grease to your elbow.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by sanny18(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
What advice do you have for a writer to be?
Have been having various challenges of writing what i have in mind down and other problems.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by DeCranium: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sir, most bloggers in your niche find it compelling to always divulge key information as regards their job.

They do this with the aim of posts which teach people what they(the bloggers) already know.

I have seen that you also do this.

How is it that clients do not simply implement all what they've found on your blog and instead seek to hire you (Not you, specifically.. I mean bloggers, generally)?

Also, is it that at times, bloggers hoard the very best of their ideas so as to remain relevant and get more clients?

The foregoing question may appear strange. But I really wish to know.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
sanny18:
What advice do you have for a writer to be?
Have been having various challenges of writing what i have in mind down and other problems.

Start writing!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
DeCranium:
Sir, most bloggers in your niche find it compelling to always divulge key information as regards their job.

They do this with the aim of posts which teach people what they(the bloggers) already know.

I have seen that you also do this.

How is it that clients do not simply implement all what they've found on your blog and instead seek to hire you (Not you, specifically.. I mean bloggers, generally)?

Also, is it that at times, bloggers hoard the very best of their ideas so as to remain relevant and get more clients?

The foregoing question may appear strange. But I really wish to know.

Sharing all you know positions you as the go-to expert and makes people always come back to you for more.

Clients cannot do it themselves because (1) they don't have the time, or (2) they feel you're still more knowledgeable than they are and it's best they hire you, or (3) they're too lazy.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Interesting15: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
Oxygenmat:

Sharing all you know positions you as the go-to expert and makes people always come back to you for more.

Clients cannot do it themselves because (1) they don't have the time, or (2) they feel you're still more knowledgeable than they are and it's best they hire you, or (3) they're too lazy.

Wow. I used to know you years back from facebook (when I'm just discovering the writer in me). I was kinda discouraged (the big guys are not too prepared to pull up newbies- everyone running their race).

I was really impressed when I learn you still bagged a first class in law (which is the course I want to pursue). It gave me the inspiration that I can manage both studies and my career at the same time.

Note, if you still need to include a freelance writer in your team, I'm available o
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by lastbaff(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Oxygenmat:

They come to me on my site and from the sites I guest post on. These two methods have worked well for other rockstar Nigerian freelancers like Bamidele Onibalusi and Victor Ijidola.
Did your clients just come to you after reading your guest posts or you did some other things?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by DonX001: 1:42am On Jul 10, 2016
Oxygenmat:

Payment processors. Most of them don't open their doors to Nigerians. I had to settle for some which do, like Payoneer and 2CheckOut.

Looked through your site, I love it, simple and to the point.

I've set up a site providing online services, though in a different niche from you, but also targeting clients in US and UK.

Selecting payment processors has been my biggest headache.

1)Which ones do you use currently.
2) How did you manage to work around 2checkout's requirement of disclosing your office address on your contact page? (if you prefer to discuss this one via PM, pls let me know).
3) And is there a way you use Payoneer to receive payments from individual clients, or you only use it for getting you payments from freelancing sites.

4) Which payment processor would you advise me to use currently to receive payments from my individual clients, with the benefit of hindsight and your experience?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by tobishills12(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wow, "ask me anything"!

Six figures?

Sir,

I cannot but laud your teaching power, I wonder why you didn't take up the lecturing job in your Alma mater (money answers that anyways) given the fact that you got the best result despite all challenges faced during your sojourn on campus.

My questions:

1. Apart from driving knowledge into the human minds (which I suppose is your passion), have you ever thought of changing the world by bringing up the startups in anyway you think they may need you (maybe financially)?

2. Apart from your digital marketing, do you believe in funding startups like VCs will do? Or do you think you or your company is still young to assume the functions of a Venture Capitalist?

3. Given that nothing goes for free, in as much as the venture capitalist also help in raising the young intellects, they have their profits either through percentage in equity or any other way possible, do you think its a good path to explore?

Funny enough, the three questions are just the same thing asked differently. I know this might sound strange, kindly answer in truth maybe I can benefit from this.

Forget not that you requested that we ask you ANYTHING. oxygenmat
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Exoticstan(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2017
Oxygenmat:

Better to use our contact form so the right member on my team can handle it.
Dear, I need to hear from you one-on-one as a matter of urgency. I have already tried contact ou via your Nairaland email.If you get this mention, do quote me or contact me via any of the channels in my signature.

Best regards brother.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nairastake: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2017
I'm inspired and ashamed somehow as a Computer Engineer
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Enddystar(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
Where is this guy now? Been long I heard anything about him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charcoal Production And Sales. Do It Yourself. **Risky** / Sharp Solar Panels, Controllers, Solar Water Pumps,wind Sys, Inverters For Sale / Echo Tech Fueless Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.