Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. (4102 Views)

We Buy For You On 1688.com/taobao,payment And Shipment From China To Lagos. / SOLD:::: BRAND NEW Infinix Hot 4 Lite For Sale - 36k / US Used Dell Latitude E6400 Intel Core 2 Duo Laptop @ 36k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by Jusblaze: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,i'm in need of help. a friend of mine shipped a macbook to me worth about 400$ in value through fedex,it was received in nigeria some days ago,but on tracking it online i noticed it was HELD/SEIZED by NDLEA.so i got curious and try to make contact with fedex. I was latter slammed with an email telling me to call the ndlea to clear my shipment,i did call them,they demanded to know some sensitive information such as data page of sender,receipt of transaction,and some other silly questions.i was so angry that i asked the so called ndlea that of what business is it for them to seize a shipment,and the man started telling me that i want to teach him his job,he ended the call rudely.
just barely 24hrs i got an email from fedex asking me to pay 36k as duities and other stuffs,and that if i did not pay the money within 5days,it would be confiscated and sent to customs warehouse. so now i got two agencies dragging my macbook with me.
im frustrated,i do not even have 1k talk more of 36k,why should i pay when sender of shipment already paid for shipment
please nairalanders,i need some advice,also if anyone got similar stories or if theres any way out,please let me know.you can send me a PM.
How can i get my shipment from ndlea and customs.
is it legal or a fraudulent way fedex is trying to extort money from me under the disguise of customs/ndlea.
please i need help.

Help me

1 Like

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by HumphreyBold(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
Are you sure the sender is your Friend grin

2 Likes

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by olalekanba(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
it has happened to me years back, I was told to bring my friends prof of employment and other unnecessary docs that I can't remember.

what he sent them was like 30 phones, he got all what they asked for and the goods were released.

I later discovered that I think 3 phones were missing.

Tell your friend not to ship things to you via FedEx or any of these courier services company. he should use Nigerian owned cargo companies,

a lot of them a in UK/US and even China.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by Jusblaze: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
yes of course,why is fedex trying to dupe me,the email sent to me from the same desk of fedex looks too much like tax refund scam format.
they want me to pay them,so that they can use my money to go and drink beer...

i need help,someone should help me,i d
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by Jusblaze: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
olalekanba:
it has happened to me years back, I was told to bring my friends prof of employment and other unnecessary docs that I can't remember.

what he sent them was like 30 phones, he got all what they asked for and the goods were released.

I later discovered that I think 3 phones were missing.

Tell your friend not to ship things to you via FedEx or any of these courier services company. he should use Nigerian owned cargo companies,

a lot of them a in UK/US and even China.

All the best

does this mean that if i do not pay the bogus amount,they will claim my shipment,why is this done by fedex,i believe there are some yahoo boys working in fedex to dupe we nigerians,cooperate scam tactics from fedex.
i do not want to loose my mac,
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by sinebaba(m): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
Next time don't use FedEx it happen to me before. That company is another barawo
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by d33types: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
OP, you're paying for your ignorance
For every dutiable item above $300 shipped into the country either via ups,dhl,fedex or other courier service,there must be charge that is paid to the customs via the courier(in your case fedex) .That charge is usually a percentage of the worth of the item.
DHL especially overvalues items so you'll pay more than necessary.

so, the trick is to declare a lesser value to your item and eventually pay less.

if you don't undervalue your item,I am 2000% sure they will give you a heavy duty than normal.
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by BizBloke(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2016
Jusblaze:
Hello Nairalanders,i'm in need of help. a friend of mine shipped a macbook to me worth about 400$ in value through fedex,it was received in nigeria some days ago,but on tracking it online i noticed it was HELD/SEIZED by NDLEA.so i got curious and try to make contact with fedex. I was latter slammed with an email telling me to call the ndlea to clear my shipment,i did call them,they demanded to know some sensitive information such as data page of sender,receipt of transaction,and some other silly questions.i was so angry that i asked the so called ndlea that of what business is it for them to seize a shipment,and the man started telling me that i want to teach him his job,he ended the call rudely.
just barely 24hrs i got an email from fedex asking me to pay 36k as duities and other stuffs,and that if i did not pay the money within 5days,it would be confiscated and sent to customs warehouse. so now i got two agencies dragging my macbook with me.
im frustrated,i do not even have 1k talk more of 36k,why should i pay when sender of shipment already paid for shipment
please nairalanders,i need some advice,also if anyone got similar stories or if theres any way out,please let me know.you can send me a PM.
is it legal or a fraudulent way fedex is trying to extort money from me under the disguise of customs/ndlea.
please i need help.

Help me

I experienced this when I started out.

I don't know why you took the FEDEX route though but that's not a concern now. Fact's the folks there will insist you pay; at this stage, I won't advise any braggadocio or shouting match.

Kindly negotiate with them; they may reduce the fee or not.

1 Like

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by Jusblaze: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
so i could make negotiations with FedEx or customs,please who exactly are customs or ndlea,its kinda confusing because its FedEx that sent me an email telling me to pay 36k,i will call them
BizBloke:

I experienced this when I started out.

I don't know why you took the FEDEX route though but that's not a concern now. Fact's the folks there will insist you pay; at this stage, I won't advise any braggadocio or shouting match.

Kindly negotiate with them; they may reduce the fee or not.
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by ceasare: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Jusblaze:
so i could make negotiations with FedEx or customs,please who exactly are customs or ndlea,its kinda confusing because its FedEx that sent me an email telling me to pay 36k,i will call them

If u r so sure the item is legit n d sender is as well
Tell them u r coming with ur lawyer to claim d items
It works believe it.

Next time use all these indigenous shipping company
They are better.
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by BizBloke(m): 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Jusblaze:

I'm not absolutely saying your negotiation will fly but give it a shot.

Get the right office line from their websites and call. Then, I also suggest you visit NAHCO and NDLEA office along airport road.

Good luck!
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by babestella: 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
FedEx is one of the worst courier company in Nigeria. They work in connivance with the NDLEA to extort money from people. I will never use them or advice anyone to use them.

2 Likes

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by Jusblaze: 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
i have no other option than to make negotiations,this will be first and last time i will ever use courier thieves called FedEx,whats the best shipping service,how about global express mail speedpost(ems)
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by yummyricka(f): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Don't ever use FedEx for shipping..NEVER....I repeat NEVER*holding my ear*..Those guys are fraudsters with suit and tie and a Porsche office.please warn friends,families and even your enemies!

2 Likes

Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by dake40(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
goto their FB page and bring 'em down to their feet. They will come to your rescue
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by gidjah(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
I wish they aren't one line now to see how angry Nigerians are at how they support our agencies to dupe us, tha fedex will sure go down finally this year, just gba be !
Re: Customs/ndlea Seize My Shipment,ask Me To Pay 36k Before Its Released. by turhibdwhale(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Jusblaze:
please i need help.

Help me
In currently in this situation,did you get your package delivered?

(1) (Reply)

12 Craziest Japanese Inventions / HP Elitebook 8460P,Corei7, 2.7GHz,4GB,500GB,Fingerprint,Firewire,Bluetooth (NEW) / Buy A 7′ Inch Tecno S9 Tablet For Just #19,400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.