Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? (12238 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Ancient People Were Spiritually More Advanced Than Modern People. / Why Africa Never Developed Technologically Despite All The Secrets We Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
geoworldedu:
But it is written in the book of Revelation and the book of Revelation is about the future. So how can heaven's future be filled with scrolls, candlesticks, incense and other archaic stuffs when we are already enjoying Hi-Tech stuff and 4G in the world?
so what if the book of revelation says that heaven is fill with something you don't know...the bible is written and revelations were given then due to human understanding...you guys should stop this already
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
ojaysam25:

so in your own opinion the bible should be updated regularly to suit the modern age...what if computers and iPad becomes outdated 2000 years from now...
The wisdom of men is foolishness to God...I just hope you dont incure curse on yourself
Whatever will make the computers and iPad become outdated won't take the world back to using incense, feather and ink, stone tablets, scrolls and seals, candlesticks etc. as they will use in the future heaven as recorded in the book of Revelation, rather on Earth of 2000 years, unimaginable tech. would be used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
ojaysam25:

so what if the book of revelation says that heaven is fill with something you don't know...the bible is written and revelations were given then due to human understanding...you guys should stop this already
There's nothing that cannot be described. If they could describe it and it looks similar to the things we have right now, then there's not going to be any disbelief. Have you watched Star trek? Many of the technology shown in the film were not yet invented when the film was done, yet they could imagine and describe it and even acted with it. But in the case of the Bible, all we have are thrones, scrolls, incense and other archaic stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
ojaysam25:

so in your own opinion the bible should be updated regularly to suit the modern age...what if computers and iPad becomes outdated 2000 years from now...
The wisdom of men is foolishness to God...I just hope you dont incure curse on yourself

God you're a füčking DUMBASS. Where did i say the Bible should be updated regularly? You füčking liar?

The foolishness of men like you is COMEDY to me. Think or remained CURSED. You sick religious fück.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by OtemAtum: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Bacteriologist:

God you're a füčking DUMBASS. Where did i say the Bible should be updated regularly? You füčking liar?

The foolishness of men like you is COMEDY to me. Think or remained CURSED. You sick religious fück.
He's discovered how irrelevant the Bible is in our days. He's just voicing his wish though

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2020
davien:
I've been asking theists why god needs a throne for ages now... does it get tired of standing?

When did it decide to make a sit when they say it was the only thing existing?

Where did it know anything talk less of everything if nothing existed before it?

How does it manage to be eternal without dependence on anything to achieve or maintain this?

How could it speak any language since it is the only thing there ever was? isn't language a common thing among groups of people?

What does it need nostrils for and how did it come by it when there wasn't anything to smell in existence?

It's questions like these many folks forgo when they invent and worship gods with human features and characters..

You have a brain, use it..

Gime ur WhatsApp, let's chat.
Logically it's easy to conclude dat der z no God.
But dey r many reasons u cannot deny z existence...
Like having similar stories in Quran n bible even though Muhammad was unlettered...which nullifies d notion of him reading Bible before claiming revelation of quran
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
Bacteriologist:

ignorance and fear are the most important weapon of the devil....it seems the formal has come to stay in your life...
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Smhaykins:

Gime ur WhatsApp, let's chat.
Logically it's easy to conclude dat der z no God.
But dey r many reasons u cannot deny z existence...
Like having similar stories in Quran n bible even though Muhammad was unlettered...which nullifies d notion of him reading Bible before claiming revelation of quran
If you have reasons, state them here.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by OtemAtum: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2020
davien:
He's looking for new convert grin planning to brainwash you all over again cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
He's looking for new convert grin planning to brainwash you all over again cheesy
Lol
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Danhumprey: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Damn! grin grin grin

Bacteriologist ooo!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
davien:

How come, Quran n bible av similar stories, even though Mohammed was unlettered
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Smhaykins:

How come, Quran n bible av similar stories, even though Mohammed was unlettered
Explain the bolded. And before you go into the religious books you need to let us know what you believe first, can't be debating if your stance on a subject is hidden.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
ojaysam25:

ignorance and fear are the most important weapon of the devil....it seems the formal has come to stay in your life...

You accuse me of ignorance yet you spell "former" as "formal."

Irredemably stupid religious bigot.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Danhumprey:

Damn! grin grin grin

Bacteriologist ooo!

grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Bacteriologist:

You accuse me of ignorance yet you spell "former" as "formal."

Irredemably stupid religious bigot.
thank you...tho a typical error

u have the liberty of operating on a free basics airtel Sim and a faceless forum...you can afford to spit out gibberish....thank you
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
ojaysam25:

thank you...tho a typical error

u have the liberty of operating on a free basics airtel Sim and a faceless forum...you can afford to spit out gibberish....thank you

Fück off
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
Where sin abound, the grace of God did much more abound.
The grace of God is with your spirit. Peace..
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Ahasco(m): 4:10am On Apr 25, 2020
Perfectbeing:
Where sin abound, the grace of God did much more abound.

The grace of God is with your spirit. Peace..

A revolution is taking place in the world, and you all can see it. The time of worshiping anything is fast coming to its abrupt end. I beg you all religious people to discern the time even the book of lies(Bible) confusedly talked about it, but it's sad many still don't get it. Don't be afraid to ask your gods questions they prohibit you from asking, and threaten you with death if you do so, even death itself is sweet its only transition and transformation
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 5:00am On Apr 25, 2020
davien:
Explain the bolded. And before you go into the religious books you need to let us know what you believe first, can't be debating if your stance on a subject is hidden.

The bolded means Mohammed never had a formal education, so we cannot say he had read the bible before given revelation abt Quran.

So if God does not exists, n these books r not from God, ow come we have d same story in Bible n Quran.

Quran was written 2,000 years after Bible n in a different continent.
Bible was written in Europe, Quran written in d Arabian after 2,000 years n they av same message.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by MJBOLT: 5:06am On Apr 25, 2020
theoneJabulani:
obviously, u should have realized DAT when Jesus came to earth to learn carpentry to build mansions in heaven

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Ahasco:

A revolution is taking place in the world, and you all can see it. The time of worshiping anything is fast coming to its abrupt end. I beg you all religious people to discern the time even the book of lies(Bible) confusedly talked about it, but it's sad many still don't get it. Don't be afraid to ask your gods questions they prohibit you from asking, and threaten you with death if you do so, even death itself is sweet its only transition and transformation

The grace of God is with your spirit
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by LordReed(m): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2020
I wonder if the horses in heaven shit all over the place like horses on earth do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 8:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Smhaykins:

The bolded means Mohammed never had a formal education, so we cannot say he had read the bible before given revelation abt Quran.
I'm going to approach this in the simplest way you can understand, i did not claim Muhammed read the Bible for any revelation so what is your point here? undecided

So if God does not exists, n these books r not from God, ow come we have d same story in Bible n Quran.

Quran was written 2,000 years after Bible n in a different continent.
Bible was written in Europe, Quran written in d Arabian after 2,000 years n they av same message.
Again I am not arguing over that position as it's a Christian argument over Islam. I am approaching you from the first principle. So oga, how do you know god exists to inspire anyone to write anything down? Did you have a revelation about Islam? Or dem put bead for your hand slap your head to dey recite quran? cheesy (jokes aside we need to start from why you believe a god exists)
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2020
Smhaykins let me give you an analogy for you to understand, let's say I'm a Scientologist and instead of telling you why I believe that alien spirits are in our bodies(which is what they believe),I start bombarding you with lines like.

"L Ron hubard wrote the book of Scientology without reading the Bible/Quran, how could he have known we'd be riding airplanes if it wasn't revealed to him by an alien supermind?"

We must start from where the assumptions begin, what is a god or in my analogy an alien supermind. Na there engine dey fail.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 9:03am On Apr 25, 2020
davien:
I'm going to approach this in the simplest way you can understand, i did not claim Muhammed read the Bible for any revelation so what is your point here? undecided

Again I am not arguing over that position as it's a Christian argument over Islam. I am approaching you from the first principle. So oga, how do you know god exists to inspire anyone to write anything down? Did you have a revelation about Islam? Or dem put bead for your hand slap your head to dey recite quran? cheesy (jokes aside we need to start from why you believe a god exists)

U r not getting my point, let me put it like dis...if der z no God...ow come Jesus was able to raise d death, heal the blind and other miracles...did he use science to do all dis miracles..if science can cure the blind, can science raise d death
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2020
Smhaykins:

U r not getting my point, let me put it like dis...if der z no God... ow come Jesus was able to raise d death, heal the blind and other miracles ...did he use science to do all dis miracles..if science can cure the blind, can science raise d death
How did you confirm any of that happening?

From your replies I can tell that your belief is based on the "holy books". If that's true, ask yourself why you prefer one book over another and why the god that inspired the one you think is true is happy or content with false doctrines circulating? Shouldn't gods book be the only holy book there is?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davidinchrist(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Wow, it's amazing to come across something comparing the spirit realm with the physical. Well, it's simply the terrible result of Unbelief: a lack of Faith in the Son of God---Jesus. Now, many don't buy that, but I strongly DO: testimony for another time. Even the mere power from God the devil had always had before and after he was cast out of heaven and became Satan, should not be compared with mere technology or ordinary physical things; let alone God's mighty power.

How do we technologically work out how Jesus and Peter walked on water with just his Word? How about is resurrection, ascension without a jet and miracles like raising the dead, feeding thousands of people with just a person's meal?

The problem is Unbelief and a serious lack of the fear and love of God.

Matthew 22:29
29 Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God.

Matthew 13:58 KJV
And He did not many mighty works there because of their Unbelief.

1 Corinthians 2:14-15 KJV
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are Foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually Discerned. [15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Corinthians 3:19 KJV
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Note: If you don't Believe, don't bother to quote me: cos I surely understand. However, if you must compulsively do that; all the same: May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
davien:
How did you confirm any of that happening?

From your replies I can tell that your belief is based on the "holy books". If that's true, ask yourself why you prefer one book over another and why the god that inspired the one you think is true is happy or content with false doctrines circulating? Shouldn't gods book be the only holy book there is?

I was able to confirm Jesus miracles cos it z written in d bible...a book dat was written in Europe...Mohammed came after 2,000 years in another continent....he brought Quran, and Quran also confirmed dat Jesus performed this miracles... Muhammed cud neither read nor write( we cud have said he already read Bible before writing quran). If d stories about Jesus miracles were false as written in d Bible...ow come quran, a book written in a different generation, a different language, by a prophet of a different religion also confirmed d miracles... So I hope with dis point i should b able to convince and not
confuse u to bliv dat those miracles were truth....so d question remains was d miracles don with science.

If u insists d Bible lied abt d miracles, did quran also lied abt Jesus miracles.

Let's kip dat aside, if der z no God n der z nothing like miracle, wat of magic( I know u will say it's a trick), wat of metaphysical power used by witches, wizard n herbalist, z it also science, cos u cant tell me u don't bliv der z a God n u will bliv der z satan or devil or demons, so don't bring d Idea dat dey r empowered by Satan. So wats d source of power of witches n wizard if it's not science.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by davien(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
Smhaykins:

I was able to confirm Jesus miracles cos it z written in d bible...a book dat was written in Europe...Mohammed came after 2,000 years in another continent....he brought Quran, and Quran also confirmed dat Jesus performed this miracles... Muhammed cud neither read nor write( we cud have said he already read Bible before writing quran). If d stories about Jesus miracles were false as written in d Bible...ow come quran, a book written in a different generation, a different language, by a prophet of a different religion also confirmed d miracles... So I hope with dis point i should b able to convince and not
confuse u to bliv dat those miracles were truth....so d question remains was d miracles don with science.
The Jews were in Mecca at Muhammed time and Jewish traditions were spread by word of mouth regardless of him being literate it's unmistakable he wouldn't have heard the many Jewish and Christian preachers in his city. And the Bible was assembled in Rome not Europe. And science is humanity's tool that we use to gain knowledge of the world around us, not a religion neither a point to make in this matter unless you are against knowledge. undecided

If u insists d Bible lied abt d miracles, did quran also lied abt Jesus miracles.
Why so defensive? You're already trying to defend the Bible and Quran not being lies when I've not even claimed they are yet. The question is simple, how did you confirm the miracles as written in those holy books are true? What of the book of Mormon that came after each book, is that one false? What's your answer here?

Let's kip dat aside, if der z no God n der z nothing like miracle, wat of magic( I know u will say it's a trick), wat of metaphysical power used by witches, wizard n herbalist, z it also science, cos u cant tell me u don't bliv der z a God n u will bliv der z satan or devil or demons, so don't bring d Idea dat dey r empowered by Satan. So wats d source of power of witches n wizard if it's not science.
Lol... I'm glad we're getting to this point, now I do not believe a god/gods exist because no evidence can be made for such a thing in the first place.

Magic/spirit/ghost/herbalist/god all rely on you already believing in them without having to have seen them work, now that the world is being ravaged by coronavirus, where are the faith healers?

You are there operating a mobile device engineered by human hands that allows you to communicate at the speed of light and are trying to convince me that Muhammed in his 40s in 600AD got a revelation from the creator of the universe in a cave? And that creator wants you to face a certain direction when praying so he can hear you better? A human being like you that don't know if he had a mental illness like we can now confirm religions can be started by schizophrenics. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
Smhaykins:

U r not getting my point, let me put it like dis...if der z no God...ow come Jesus was able to raise d death, heal the blind and other miracles...did he use science to do all dis miracles..if science can cure the blind, can science raise d death
Your problem is that you presume that Jesus was real.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Smhaykins(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
davien:
The Jews were in Mecca at Muhammed time and Jewish traditions were spread by word of mouth regardless of him being literate it's unmistakable he wouldn't have heard the many Jewish and Christian preachers in his city. And the Bible was assembled in Rome not Europe. And science is humanity's tool that we use to gain knowledge of the world around us, not a religion neither a point to make in this matter unless you are against knowledge. undecided
Why so defensive? You're already trying to defend the Bible and Quran not being lies when I've not even claimed they are yet. The question is simple, how did you confirm the miracles as written in those holy books are true? What of the book of Mormon that came after each book, is that one false? What's your answer here?

Lol... I'm glad we're getting to this point, now I do not believe a god/gods exist because no evidence can be made for such a thing in the first place.

Magic/spirit/ghost/herbalist/god all rely on you already believing in them without having to have seen them work, now that the world is being ravaged by coronavirus, where are the faith healers?

You are there operating a mobile device engineered by human hands that allows you to communicate at the speed of light and are trying to convince me that Muhammed in his 40s in 600AD got a revelation from the creator of the universe in a cave? And that creator wants you to face a certain direction when praying so he can hear you better? A human being like you that don't know if he had a mental illness like we can now confirm religions can be started by schizophrenics. undecided

I have a gift, n it's abt dream, when I dream it comes to past.
Please explain dis scientifically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Days In The Kingdom Of Darkness__evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo / Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.