Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,588 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others (3208 Views)

Buhari Violates Law On Public Procurement Like Jonathan, Yar’adua- Premium Times / Army Sacks Musa Mustapha Bature Who Had Sex With Colleague’s Wife / Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by SuperS1Panther: 2:00am On Jun 12, 2016
The Nigerian Army Council has retired a former Aide de Camp to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan; Col. Ojogbane Adegbe; a former Principal Secretary to an ex -National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.); Col. Nicholas Achinze, a former ADC to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, Brig. Gen. A. H. Sa’ad; and 57 other senior officers.

The affected officers, according to the council, are retired for their involvement in arms procurement under the Goodluck Jonathan administration and their role in the 2015 general elections.

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said in a statement on Saturday that a large number of the senior officers were retired from the service on Friday.

Usman did not give the exact number of those affected. Sources, however, disclosed to our correspondent that no fewer than 60 senior officers of the Army were affected by the exercise.

Usman said those affected in the retirement exercise included major generals, brigadier generals, colonels, lieutenant-colonels and a major

Usman quoted service exigencies as the reason for the decision by Army authorities to approve the purge in the service.

He recalled that the service recently probed the activities of some officers in the 2015 election.

He also recalled that some officers of the service had been arraigned in court, following the outcome of the investigation by the presidential committee probing defence contracts in the country.

Usman added, “The Nigerian Army wishes to inform the general public that quite a number of senior officers of the Nigerian Army were retired from service yesterday.

“Those retired were mainly some major generals, brigadier generals, colonels, lieutenant colonels and a major.

“Their retirement was based on service exigencies. It should be recalled that not too long ago some officers were investigated for being partisan during the 2015 general elections.

“Similarly, the investigation by the presidential committee investigating defence contracts revealed a lot. Some officers have already been arraigned in court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.”

He urged members of the public not to read the current move out of context as the military must remain apolitical at all times.

He said the decision by the government to retire the affected officers should be supported by all.

However, a source, who confided in our correspondent, said a number of those mentioned in connection with the procurement of defence equipment and those found to have played some questionable roles in the 2015 election were affected.

Besides Jonathan and Yar’Adua’s aides, others are Maj. -Gen. M.Y. Ibrahim, F. O. Ali; Brig.-Gen. A. Abdusalam; M. G. Ali, Onibasa; L. N. Bello; Brig.-Gen. D. Abdulsalam, Brig.-Gen. Momoni and M.G. Ali.

Other officers said to be included are Fiboinumana, Agachi, Okonkwo, Audu, Oladunjoye, C. O. Amadi, Adimoha, Dazang, Arigbe, Egemole, Baba-Ochanpa, A. Mohd, S. D. Aliyu, LM Bello, Ejemai, Lawan, M. G. Ali, Achinze Ilo, and Col. Audu.

The EFCC had in February detained and interrogated some army officers including Adegbe and Achinze.

They were detained and quizzed in connection with the ongoing probe into the alleged arms procurement scandal by Dasuki. Both of them were released after filing separate suits against their detention.

Also, a panel set up by the Army had in January indicted 92 officers over their roles in the 2015 general elections.

The panel report specifically recommended that two officers amongst the indicted soldiers were to be retired at once, while three were to lose their immediate commands.

Submitting the report at the Army Headquarters Abuja, the Chairman of the investigation team, Maj.-Gen. Adeniyi Oyebade, who is the GOC 1 Division, had said a thorough job was done before the recommendations were made.

PUNCH

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by kishimi8(m): 4:27am On Jun 12, 2016
And some were saying it was a purge of SS se soldiers. . I tire for enemies of progress

19 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by princemmab(m): 4:33am On Jun 12, 2016
All PDP senior officers. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by agbajesaid(m): 4:53am On Jun 12, 2016
Thought someone said they were all SS/SE soldiers. Nigerians; Attaching Religion and Ethnicity to every issue will delay our development/progress.

Lalasticlala

13 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by muri4mig(m): 5:16am On Jun 12, 2016
I can see that 100% of the affected are either from Anambra, Abia, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, few from Imo because of Rochas, Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross River, Delta, Non from Edo because of Oshomole. Non from North and south west. The evil we do will follow us forever. Nigeria shall be great despite the antics of "our son" people.

11 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by sluk(m): 5:20am On Jun 12, 2016
OK no problem
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by agbajesaid(m): 5:30am On Jun 12, 2016
muri4mig:
I can see that 100% of the affected are either from Anambra, Abia, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, few from Imo because of Rochas, Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross River, Delta, Non from Edo because of Oshomole. Non from North and south west. The evil we do will follow us forever. Nigeria shall be great despite the antics of "our son" people.
so all those Aliyu, Ali, Abdul Salam are southernerns too. Haaaaa, oga ooo

8 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by kishimi8(m): 5:51am On Jun 12, 2016
agbajesaid:
so all those Aliyu, Ali, Abdul Salam are southernerns too. Haaaaa, oga ooo
He was being ironic lo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by lorbah001(m): 5:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Clean the army?
A president, I knew, lacks the balls to do this

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Eyyah, Adegbe too is retired shocked shocked. Such is life.

3 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by amaechi1: 6:04am On Jun 12, 2016
My people, you need to see the way they insulted me on this platform yesterday. What was my crime? I suggested that we should wait until the list is out and probably with their state of origin before jumping into conclusion. All hell was let loose against my enemies not me for offering simple advice. Even though I am not too sure of this list, however we can now see it is not what was posted in the social media yesterday.

The military is purging herself and they should allow them to do so.

10 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by Goddex: 6:04am On Jun 12, 2016
ew
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by agbajesaid(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2016
kishimi8:

He was being ironic lo
my bad, just dey wake up;still booting. Yeah, they are truely all Southerners

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by chat2deen(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2016
*_COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF COMPULSORY RTD NA OFFICERS:_*

1. Maj Gen FO Ali.
2. Maj Gen EG Atewe.
3. Maj Gen Ejemai.
4. Maj Gen MY Ibrahim.
5. Maj Gen IN Ijioma.
6. Maj Gen Koleoso.
7. Maj Gen PAT Akem.
8. Maj Gen LC Ilo.
9. Maj Gen SD Aliyu.
10. Brig Gen Onibasa.
11. Brig Gen IM Lawson.
12. Brig Gen D Abdusalam.
13. Brig Gen Bashir Mormoni.
14. Brig Gen ASH Sahaad.
15. Brig Gen Koko Essien.
16. Brig Gen MD Onoiveta.
17. Brig Gen LM Bello.
18. Brig Gen MG Ali.
19. Brig Gen Oyefesobi.
20. Brig Gen Ogidi.
21. Brig Gen Fiboinumama.
22. Brig Gen Agachi.
23. Col OU Nwankwo.
24. Col Adegbe.
25. Col DR Hassan.
26. Col TT Minima.
27. Col CK Ukoha.
28. Col FD Kayode.
29. Col Achinze.
30. Lt Col Oladuntoye.
31. Lt Col Adinmoha.
32. Lt Col CO Amadi
33. Lt Col Baba Ochanpa.
34. Lt Col Dazang.
35. Lt Col TE Arigbe.
36. Lt Col Egemole.
37. Lt Col A Suleiman.
38. Lt Col A Mohammed.
39. Lt Col AS Mohammed.
40. Lt Col Enemchukwu.
41. Maj TA Willireceiams.

3 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by Remii(m): 6:18am On Jun 12, 2016
muri4mig:
pls use your glasses
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by dustmalik: 6:21am On Jun 12, 2016
Saboteurs must be purged out.

2 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by dustmalik: 6:22am On Jun 12, 2016
Remii:
pls use your glasses
He was being sarcastic.

3 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by opalu: 6:26am On Jun 12, 2016
These are the big guys in army abi? But was it not FG that kicked against sacking in banks?
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by chat2deen(m): 6:39am On Jun 12, 2016
muri4mig:

Serial 20, is Brig Gen Ogidi whom hails from abonegede somewhere close to auchi Infact there from d same area with Osho Baba, he and Col TT Minimah held Edo state and out match Osho-mo-ole. The truth is most of this senior officer had wronged d system one way or d other. Be it arms deal saga, looting of public funds or electoral malpractice issues. Armed forces Act CAP A 20 had indicted dem all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by chat2deen(m): 6:52am On Jun 12, 2016
opalu:
These are the big guys in army abi? But was it not FG that kicked against sacking in banks?

"Reliable sources was any officer that has one billion Naira(#1billion naira) in his account was retired.
Also, there was an issued that some officers were found to be compromised by the former PDP party with lots of money so the army has no choice than to retire them to avoid revolt
None of the officers in the list has less than one billion in his accounts
Their properties may be confiscated if they cannot explained how they owned such money in military career"

Armed Forces Act Cap A 20 : under offences says: "66. Offences in relation to public and service property
A person subject to service law under this Act who-
(a) steals or fraudulently misapplies a public or service property, or is concerned in or, connives at the stealing or fraudulent misapplication of a public or service property; or
(b) receives or retains a public or service property knowing or having reason to believe that the property has been stolen or has been fraudulently misapplied; or
(c) wilfully damages or is concerned in the wilful damage of a public or service property; or
(d) bywilful neglect, causes damage to a public or service property,
is guilty of an offence under this section and liable, on conviction by a court-martial, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or any less punishment provided by this Act."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by ckmayoca: 6:53am On Jun 12, 2016
These crazy ppl una don turn am to tribal fight again abi?
Whatever happened na thefirst news carrier decieve una so why no condemn the agency.

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by otokx(m): 7:04am On Jun 12, 2016
amaechi1:
My people, you need to see the way they insulted me on this platform yesterday. What was my crime? I suggested that we should wait until the list is out and probably with their state of origin before jumping into conclusion. All hell was let loose against my enemies not me for offering simple advice. Even though I am not too sure of this list, however we can now see it is not what was posted in the social media yesterday.

The military is purging herself and they should allow them to do so.

Please continue standing up and speaking the truth, our south south brethren are just blinded by the fact that GEJ lost to PMB. They have created a demonic hatred for APC amongst the simple minded.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by SuperS1Panther: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Hating wailers from the wailing wall and Wailers' Parish
and "awon eyan Benjamin Netanyahu" should learn to stop being unnecessarily emotion, seeing everything through the prism of ethnicity and religion.

The earlier the 5%ers realise that their Hero as lost the election for good, the better for their hurting and hatred filled heart.

7 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by Remii(m): 7:09am On Jun 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Hating wailers from the wailing wall and "awon eyan Benjamin Netanyahu" should learn to stop being unnecessarily emotion, seeing everything through the prism of ethnicity and religion.

awon ijo elekun

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by DaudaAbu(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2016
opalu:

If only the banks have been sacking their heads, the EX Dir, the reg. Managers ,and those that facilitated the passage of fraudulent money thru the system, then no one would have interfered

5 Likes

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by SuperS1Panther: 7:47am On Jun 12, 2016
DaudaAbu:

If only the banks have been sacking their heads, the EX Dir, the reg. Managers ,and those that facilitated the passage of fraudulent money thru the system, then no one would have interfered

You are minding that bigot.
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by aieromon(m): 7:48am On Jun 12, 2016
opalu:

These officers were indicted for engaging in partisan politics and corrupt practices.
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by SleekAboki: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2016
Who ever wins the next elections should follow the precedent and sack all perceived enemies while appointing only loyal party men.

This circle MUST continue until we are honest enough to tell ourselves the truth and restructure.

1 Like

Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:19am On Jun 12, 2016
Whatever rocks their boat
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by NCP: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2016
Good all Wailers' Voodoo rants can now stop.
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by wasco24: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2016
cool
Re: Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2016
I knew Colonel Ojogbane Adegbe would be retired.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Butchered In Edo Election (pics) / Proof That Trump Invited IPOB (see Evidence) / 60-year Old Professor Of Law, Osinbajo, Disappoints The Entire World, A First Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.