Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness (1267 Views)

Mother Abandons Her HIV-Positive Baby On Benin Road (Photos) / Nurse Helps Deliver A Baby On A Train In Lagos (Photo) / Male Staff Of ABU, Zaria Backing His Baby On Campus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by MrAnonTAC: 6:14am On Jun 12, 2016
One place you should never kiss a baby or anyone else is "The Ear", according to a professor of audiology at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.

Babies and small children are particularly vulnerable to hearing damage via kiss, simply because their ear canals are smaller. A baby will cry after such a painful kiss, he says, but "kids cry for a lot of reasons." Unfortunately, hearing loss usually isn't identified until years later, during a school screening.
An innocent kiss right on the ear opening creates strong suction that tugs on the delicate eardrum, resulting in a recently recognized condition known as "cochlear ear-kiss injury." Such a kiss can lead not only to permanent hearing loss, but a host of other troubling ear symptoms including ringing, sensitivity to sound, distortion and aural fullness

SOURCE : lifenack.com
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 12, 2016
Lol

Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by YourMajesty(m): 6:28am On Jun 12, 2016
No wonder Evangelist buhari is having the ear infection. Lol grin
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by DesChyko: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2016
Seeking recognition tinz
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 13, 2016
shocked Who would be kissing their baby with such great suction that it could cause hearing loss undecided

In that case, the person shouldn't be kissing anyone because obviously they don't know how to kiss. They'll end up sucking someone's face off with that kind of suction, lol. kiss shocked

1 Like

Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by HARDDON: 1:01am On Jun 13, 2016
Hunnydropps:
shocked Who would be kissing their baby with such great suction that it could cause hearing loss undecided

In that case, the person shouldn't be kissing anyone because obviously they don't know how to kiss. They'll end up sucking someone's face off with that kind of suction, lol. kiss shocked

Has any1 seen Lemondropps lately?

She kissed my adult ears now I can't hear clearly
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 13, 2016
HARDDON:

Has any1 seen Lemondropps lately?

She kissed my adult ears now I can't hear clearly

Lol, nope but if I do I'll direct them your way grin
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by HARDDON: 1:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Lol, nope but if I do I'll direct them your way grin

I heard u deal in honey n lemon , u must have seen her .
Kindly tell her to come kiss d other ear cos its beta not to hear from both than hear from one angry
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 13, 2016
HARDDON:

I heard u deal in honey n lemon , u must have seen her .
Kindly tell her to come kiss d other ear cos its beta not to hear from both than hear from one angry

Here you go...time to work on the other ear. My finder's fee $100, lol.
After she's done with the other ear I'll find you a pretty little fruit to teach ya sign language grin

Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by HARDDON: 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Here you go...time to work on the other ear. My finder's fee $100, lol.
After she's done with the other ear I'll find you a pretty little fruit to teach ya sign language grin

Oh common gurl! U sent an hairless, bloodless, emotionless emoticon?

Romantic AI female agent wud hv bin beta.

angry
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 14, 2016
HARDDON:

Oh common gurl! U sent an hairless, bloodless, emotionless emoticon?

Romantic AI female agent wud hv bin beta.

angry

Ok ok I hope this woman hits your spot...she's gorgeous and rocking lemon yellow wink
...I think you'll approve this time grin

Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by HARDDON: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Ok ok I hope this woman hits your spot...she's gorgeous and rocking lemon yellow wink
...I think you'll approve this time grin

Hit my spot? shocked shocked

U mean she got a d I c k? Sorry buh I'm straight .

And I've had prettier , softer ones! tongue

Btw, y r u ladies always like this? I'm seeing a doll on yellow dinna gown, u r calling it lemon yellow, so where is yellow now? angry
Re: Kissing A Baby On The Ear Can Cause Deafness by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
HARDDON:

Hit my spot? shocked shocked

U mean she got a d I c k? Sorry buh I'm straight .

And I've had prettier , softer ones! tongue

Btw, y r u ladies always like this? I'm seeing a doll on yellow dinna gown, u r calling it lemon yellow, so where is yellow now? angry

U no there's no D**K, lolol.
You win.... cool

(1) (Reply)

Parents Let's Learn From This Pics / Baby Sit Me Up Cosy Going For 15k!!! 50% Off / Tribal Difference Trying To Distroy My Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.