Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,067 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Has American Music Turned Mediocre? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Has American Music Turned Mediocre? (593 Views)

Top 8 Nigerian-american Music Collaborations You Should Know / Your Favourite Nigerian /american Music Collaboration? / PSY (with MC Hammer) - Gangnam Style (live 2012 American Music Awards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has American Music Turned Mediocre? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 28, 2009
Once upon a time American music ruled the airwaves. Once upon a time i used to love music from the Backstreet Boys to NSYNC , from Micheal Jackson to Madonna, from TLC to Tupac. From Jarule to Mary .J. Blige, from Destinys Child to Nickelback. But recently i found out that i hardly turn on the radio or watch MTV/MTV Base without wanting to pull my hair out, not because Naija music has improved tremendously in its quality over the past few years, but for the fact that for the past 2-3 years so many American artistes have been turning out so much crap. Take a look at newbies like Lady Gaga. How many of you can relate to the crap she sings? Even the likes of Beyonce and Akon who used to turn out hits seem to be joining the bandwagon of mediocrity lately.
Re: Has American Music Turned Mediocre? by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ije004:

Once upon a time American music ruled the airwaves. Once upon a time i used to love music from the Backstreet Boys to NSYNC , from Micheal Jackson to Madonna, from TLC to Tupac. From Jarule to Mary .J. Blige, from Destinys Child to Nickelback. But recently i found out that i hardly turn on the radio or watch MTV/MTV Base without wanting to pull my hair out, not because Naija music has improved tremendously in its quality over the past few years, but for the fact that for the past 2-3 years so many American artistes have been turning out so much crap. Take a look at newbies like Lady Gaga. How many of you can relate to the crap she sings? Even the likes of Beyonce and Akon who used to turn out hits seem to be joining the bandwagon of mediocrity lately.

Are they not British?
Re: Has American Music Turned Mediocre? by obinna5000(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
@asha 80
Lady GaGa and Backstreet Boys are Americans.
Re: Has American Music Turned Mediocre? by mbulela: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
na today

(1) (Reply)

Bracket( Yori Yori) / Things You Hated Or Loved This Year! / He's Hot And Gbaski Listen To Citizen Ft. Da King Http://plunder.com/d2e32052ec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.