Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Manipulative Parents - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Manipulative Parents (3980 Views)

What Are Your Favorite Things Your Parents Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manipulative Parents by fresh2impr: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2006
Idol

Looked up to you/Thought you had no flaws
Hung on to your every word/You could say or do no wrongs
Listened to your supposed words of wisdom/As you imparted so-called knowledge to me
Yet all you were really doing was corrupting the mind in me

Must have thought I‘d never find out
Sorry time has come for me to call you out
Sick and tired of being tied to your strings
Made my decision and am cutting myself free

You used to be my idol, I adored you
But in my growing wisdom, I was able to see you through
And the blanket of manipulation which you spread over me
Now wears itself very thin
Used your tears to hold me back
Told me your life would stop if I left you in the dark
Now I’ve grown older I see your mission was to use me
To set up an army for yourself

It's sad when parents use their children for selfish desires, as a means to their own ends.
Re: Manipulative Parents by iice(f): 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2006
Love it!
Re: Manipulative Parents by soulpatrol(f): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2006
fresh2impr:

Idol

It's sad when parents use their children for selfish desires, as a means to their own ends.

so true. and then one is stuck between trying to be obedient and please them and trying to do something to make oneself happy embarassed
Re: Manipulative Parents by Seun(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2006
Obedient my foot. Some people are just too meek. Like lambs being led to the slaughter!
Re: Manipulative Parents by Eurphoria(f): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2006
love this peom, so so true of some parents. Yeah there comes a time you see your parents, for who they really are and the picture aint so pretty, some use their children to fulfil their own dreams to cover their own failings as individuals and do nothing but hurt ,and jade them.
Re: Manipulative Parents by segedoo(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2006
sound like you really loved your parents but 've been greatly hurt by them.

remember they are humans and are bound to err - forget whether it was intentional or not
Re: Manipulative Parents by fresh2impr: 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2006
thank you for all your comments, it is indeed a terrible situation to be in. my mum had always been my idol, i built my foundation around her , i thought she could do no wrong, and she used to fill me with stories of how my dad always hurt her (not physically). but now that i have grown up, i can now understand my dad's side of things, and it hurts me because she is not prepared to hear the truth from me. she breaks down in tears every time i try to say something true, and i am torn in between living a false life becos I don't want to hurt her, and sayin the truth but hurtin her.

in fact, i am scared of what will happen when i get married and start having children but she is very needy, and sees things like that as a sign of neglect.
Re: Manipulative Parents by Eurphoria(f): 12:16am On Dec 03, 2006
*smile* try to remain cool, please please do not let anyone live your life, go and do your own thing, keep remaining truthful to your mum on how you see things and feel , be sensitive to her too, but do not be manipulated or emotionally blackmailed and she should come to appreciate that you are not only smart but she would respect you. If she doesn't , my friend all is not lost, we come to this world alone and alone we depart, so live yours the best way you can and all the very best in future to you.

never let anyone dictate how happy you will be in life. You seem like you have your head screwed on anyway , many Nigerian parents are not the best to communicate with but hey! tell it as it is and let life determine the rest . later smiley

PS
keep writing it's a very good outlet
Re: Manipulative Parents by fresh2impr: 12:41am On Dec 03, 2006
thanks.
Re: Manipulative Parents by Seun(m): 8:15am On Dec 03, 2006
By the way, your parents will never change. Get used to it. wink
Re: Manipulative Parents by osegwu(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2006
Eurphoria:

love this peom, so so true of some parents. Yeah there comes a time you see your parents, for who they really are and the picture aint so pretty, some use their children to fulfil their own dreams to cover their own failings as individuals and do nothing but hurt ,and jade them.

We should be aware that our parents do what they do out of love for us thier kids
and should not look at it as if they do it for their own selfish interest. And remember
soon enough we all will be parents and the same thing will be said of us.

My! Euphoria, you are one very pretty Lady, do you think we can hook up?

Please, take this as a declaration of intent.
Re: Manipulative Parents by Seun(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2006
We should be aware that our parents do what they do out of love for us their kids
and should not look at it as if they do it for their own selfish interest.
Have you heard about the parents of a child celebrity who spent all her money? How is that an act of love?

And remember soon enough we all will be parents and the same thing will be said of us.
I will rather remain without child all my life than become a manipulative parent. Child-bearing isn't compulsory.
Re: Manipulative Parents by fresh2impr: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2006
true. sometimes it seems that the only reason many parents have children is just so that this children can look after them; and they expect to be paid measure for measure for every good thing they 've done for their child, and never fail to remind them "after all i 've done for you".
Re: Manipulative Parents by soulpatrol(f): 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2006
exactly!
Re: Manipulative Parents by soulpatrol(f): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2006
and sometimes i can see why people in the west dump their old parents in nursing homes where they cant be bothered to care for them. i no blame them o

(1) (Reply)

The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. / Sex Poem (also An Ode To Gold Circle Condoms) / Popular Parables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.