Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea (5181 Views)

Korean Government Fully-funded Scholarships For International Students / Türkiye Scholarships For International Students / Masters Scholarships For International Students At University Of Laval, Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2016
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Graduate (masters, MBA, masters-PhD, PhD)
Provider: KAIST
Country to Study in: South Korea

Scholarship Description
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate international students (see the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarships here).

KAIST is one of the top leading universities in South Korea, and its Postgraduate Scholarships are very competitive. If you are selected as a KAIST scholarship recipient, you are generally exempt from paying tuition and fees. You get scholarship based on KAIST policy.

KAIST welcomes applications from all over the world. Eligible international postgraduate students wishing to study at KAIST are invited to apply for the KAIST International Student Scholarship as they apply for their course. You can choose to apply either for SPRING semester or Fall semester.

KAIST International Student Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies

Eligibility
FOR SCHOLARSHIP
All applicants must be of International Student Admission. Applicants with a financial need are able to apply for the scholarship.

FOR POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION AS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
1). International applicants must not have citizenship of Korea. Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are NOT eligible to apply as international students.

2). International candidates must meet ALL of the following requirements:

He or she holds or will hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree (for doctoral applicants); OR
He or she holds or will hold a bachelor’s degree(for master’s applicants) or,
He or she is not a citizen of Korea.

International applicants whose parents were born in Korea MUST additionally satisfy ONE of the following two requirements:

Neither of the applicant’s parents are not citizens of Korea or;
The applicant must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, high school, and undergraduate education outside of Korea at the comparable and equivalent level of those provided in Korea (for master’s applicants) OR, he or she received entire elementary, junior high, high school, and undergraduate education outside of Korea and also received a master’s degree in or outside of Korea at the comparable and equivalent level of those provided in Korea (for doctoral applicants). In this case, international schools located in Korea are not acknowledged as foreign schools.

International students of Korean ethnicity who do not meet at least one of the conditions above CANNOT apply for International Admissions. Instead, they must apply for Korean Admissions.

Eligible groups
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Korea)

Participating Institutions
Korean Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST), Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea

Fields of study
KAIST provide Master's degree, Master's-Ph.D. integrated degree, and Ph.D. degree programs in advanced science and engineering field. Also, MBA programs related in finance and technology are provided on Seoul Campus. Please contact respective departments for curriculum related inquiries.

If you are interested in applying for admission to graduate programs, it is strongly recommended to check your research area of interest in the department website before applying. List of colleges and departments at KAIST is provided here.

Sponsorship duration
The award is expected to last throughout the duration of the student's program at KAIST. However, the student must maintain GPA over 2.0 out of 4.3 at KAIST.

Scholarship benefits
The Subsidies covered by the Scholarship include:

Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 4 semesters (M.S. degree) / 8 semesters (Ph.D. degree)
Living expenses: 300,000 KRW per month
Medical insurance

Method of Application
The KAIST Scholarship Application Period and Selection Procedure is at same time as KAIST Graduate Course Admission Application and Admission Selection. Applicants with a financial need are able to apply for the scholarship. Select ‘KAIST Scholarship’ as a means of your financial resources on the form of statement of financial resources in the online application. You can choose to apply either SPRING semester or Fall semester. Scholarship recipients are announced along with final admissions notification. To apply for admission as an international graduate student at KAIST, visit KAIST Graduate Admissions.

It is important to read the GRADUATE SPRING (or FALL) SEMESTER ADMISSION GUIDE carefully, and also visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information.

DEADLINES:
On-line Applications for Spring Semester Admissions is Mid August ~ September (Document Submission is Until first week of October). The Fall Semester has both the Early Admissions and the Regular Admissions -- On-line Applications for Fall (Early) Admissions is December (Document Submission is Until second week of January), while that for Fall (Regular) Admissions is April (Document Submission is Until last week of April).

For the 2016 Fall Semester (Regular) Admissions, online application was March 29th, 2016 ~ April 19th, 2016 (Document submission by post was by April 26th, 2016). For the 2017 Spring Semester Admissions, online application is August 17th, 2016 ~ September 21st, 2016 (Document submission by post is by September 30th, 2016).

PLEASE NOTE:
The timeline above is based on the local time in South Korea and is subject to change without any prior notice. Materials must be received by the dates listed. Late application will not be considered.

Note that different Admission Guides are available for Spring Admissions, Early Fall Admissions and Regular Fall Admissions. Please download and read the guideline(s) carefully. As a candidate, it is your responsibility to know the application requirements, to submit the necessary materials by the deadline, and to monitor the status of application on the official website.

KAIST, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, one of the world's best research oriented universities is filled with opportunity, excellent academic system, cutting-edge research, world-class facilities, and internationally renowned faculty. KAIST is one of the top leading universities in South Korea. The school welcomes applications from students all over the world.

Application Deadline: 21 September (30 September) 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

http://admission.kaist.ac/international/?page_id=22

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by SlimHan(f): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Is there any south korea university presently offering undergraduate (bsc) scholarship for international students.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Naturallyme: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
SlimHan:
Is there any south korea university presently offering undergraduate (bsc) scholarship for international students.
ye, this same one has for UnderGraduate. when you click on the link, there is somewhere you will find for undergrauate

well done Ibrahim
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by castrokins(m): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Op, Thanks For Sharing.

What Exactly Do They Mean By "Holds Or Will Hold"? I'm Currently In My Third Year Of 4 Years Bsc Environmental Resource Mgt And I'd Like To Consider This Opportunity
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by SlimHan(f): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Miracle212:

ye, this same one has for UnderGraduate. when you click on the link, there is somewhere you will find for undergrauate

well done Ibrahim
Thanks. Will check it out. Did you apply already? Is application fee to be paid before submition of form? Wanna seize dis oppourtunity.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
castrokins:
Op, Thanks For Sharing.

What Exactly Do They Mean By "Holds Or Will Hold"? I'm Currently In My Third Year Of Years Bsc Environmental Resource Mgt And I'd Like To Consider This Opportunity

''Hold'': You already hold a bachelor degree
'' Will Hold'' : By the date of commencement or expiration of application, you must have obtained a bachelor degree.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by castrokins(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thanks

IbnIbrahim:

'' Will Hold'' : By the date of commencement or expiration of application, you must have obtained a bachelor degree.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by speed90: 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Are you currently studying in Korea? i wanna talk with you about some stuff thanks.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2016
speed90:
Are you currently studying in Korea? i wanna talk with you about some stuff thanks.
no
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by jaybros: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2016
Are we also required to pay the application fees? or am i getting something wrong?
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by SlimHan(f): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

so its nt possible to use ssce result? And are we paying application fee before or after d admission has been given? D website is saying notin abt dt. Thanks
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Valmesk(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

I wrote the Federal Scholarship Board Postgraduate scholarship and chose SouthKorea and wish to study M.Sc Marketing but the FSB result is not out yet.If i should apply for this SouthKorean Scholarship,can it be reconciled with the Federal Scholarship Board if I am successful with the exam.Pls advice
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Valmesk:
I wrote the Federal Scholarship Board Postgraduate scholarship and chose SouthKorea and wish to study M.Sc Marketing but the FSB result is not out yet.If i should apply for this SouthKorean Scholarship,can it be reconciled with the Federal Scholarship Board if I am successful with the exam.Pls advice

It's independent of FSB
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
SlimHan:
so its nt possible to use ssce result? And are we paying application fee before or after d admission has been given? D website is saying notin abt dt. Thanks

Follow the link as posted, then click 'Undergraduate'; then click 'Scholarship', you will be able to find more info.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by SlimHan(f): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

Follow the link as posted, then click 'Undergraduate'; then click 'Scholarship', you will be able to find more info.
done. Re u also applying? If yes, can you please guide all interested students on this thread through? Thanks
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Akexstinger(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Can an HND guy apply? I studied safety and I was once in Korea for some period....please reply asap

1 Like

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
SlimHan:
done. Re u also applying? If yes, can you please guide all interested students on this thread through? Thanks
The application period has not commenced.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
Akexstinger:
Can an HND guy apply? I studied safety and I was once in Korea for some period....please reply asap

As long you satisfy the requirement, you should be able to apply. Usually, your transcript and CGPA will be examined so as to weigh how it compares to a korean degree
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
SlimHan:
Thanks. Will check it out. Did you apply already? Is application fee to be paid before submition of form? Wanna seize dis oppourtunity.
No I have not, I think Aplication fee should be paid before form submission.
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
jaybros:
Are we also required to pay the application fees? or am i getting something wrong?
yea, applicants are required to pay application fee
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Miracle212:
yea, applicants are required to pay application fee
And how much are we talking abt here
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by chidicute(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
my dear ibrahim, after going through their website, i was meant to understand, applicants must pay non- refundable fee of $80, cant someone get an admission first(admission letter) for his postgraduate studies& pay the other bills after he or she has been offered admission...#jus asking though#

1 Like

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
chidicute:
my dear ibrahim, after going through their website, i was meant to understand, applicants must pay non- refundable fee of $80, cant someone get an admission first(admission letter) for his postgraduate studies& pay the other bills after he or she has been offered admission...#jus asking though#

You have to pay the application fee before your application can be considered.

1 Like

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

And how much are we talking abt here
Don't know the equivalent
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
chidicute:
I understand you, if our own Unis ask for fees for Post UME and PG applications, how much more foreign countries. Its normal tho not all schools request
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by chidicute(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Miracle212:

I understand you, if our own Unis ask for fees for Post UME and PG applications, how much more foreign countries. Its normal tho not all schools request
pls do u know of any sch that dosent require money immediately, cos i cant imagine maself,after paying 30k, my application wont be considered...?
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
chidicute:

pls do u know of any sch that dosent require money immediately, cos i cant imagine maself,after paying 30k, my application wont be considered...?
Try UK schools
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by IbnIbrahim: 8:30am On Jun 14, 2016
chidicute:

Dear chidicute, your application will definitely be considered but there's no guaranteed admission offer. Any how it is, in our quest to better our lot, we have to make sacrifice of which money is one. This year alone, I have applied to about ten schools in the UK and received about about 7 offers from Universities of West of England; Birmingham;Liverpool John moore;Hull; Durham; Worcester; Westminster. I applied for scholarships but was not awarded one, am I go to give up? Definitely, no! We have to keep trying by improving ourselves so that we can compete favorably with the best from any where. I know of an individual that has been applying for scholarships in the last 11 years but just got awarded two scholarships simultaneously last year, I mean full package that cover tuition fees, flight tickets, monthly stipend etc. Don't give up, keep trying and improving yourself to stand a better chance. I wish you the very best!

1 Like

Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Sprintson(m): 9:07am On Jun 14, 2016
Please can one with a 2.2 university grade apply? Thanks for the info
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by Miracle212(f): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

Universities of West of England; Birmingham;Liverpool John moore;Hull; Durham; Worcester; Westminster.
Hi Ibrhaim, pls Those other schools apart from (UWE& Worcester whc I know accepts C6 in waec). did they request for IELTS from you or WAEC was okay
Re: KAIST Scholarships For International Students To Study In South Korea by chidicute(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

Dear chidicute, your application will definitely be considered but there's no guaranteed admission offer. Any how it is, in our quest to better our lot, we have to make sacrifice of which money is one. This year alone, I have applied to about ten schools in the UK and received about about 7 offers from Universities of West of England; Birmingham;Liverpool John moore;Hull; Durham; Worcester; Westminster. I applied for scholarships but was not awarded one, am I go to give up? Definitely, no! We have to keep trying by improving ourselves so that we can compete favorably with the best from any where. I know of an individual that has been applying for scholarships in the last 11 years but just got awarded two scholarships simultaneously last year, I mean full package that cover tuition fees, flight tickets, monthly stipend etc. Don't give up, keep trying and improving yourself to stand a better chance. I wish you the very best!
i admire your zeal & passion, pls can i get your watsapp contact no or ur email address(if probably u dnt wana give out ur watsapp contact here) , ur email is fine with me...thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Take God Name Beg Una Who Sabi This People? / Graduate Management Trainee Programme At MDL Ltd, Ibadan / Fidelity Bank Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.