Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! (948 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:18am On Jun 12, 2016
Thats the question. I got to hear this for the first time and I'm so curious! My igbo neighbours will not stop talking about them. Was there a time when 'Obanje' children existed or is it just a myth? How were they detected? Couldn't anything stop them from dying?Pls share stories..
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by Kondomatic(m): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Thats the question. I got to hear this for the first time and I'm so curious! My igbo neighbours will not stop talking about them. Was there a time when 'Obanje' children existed or is it just a myth? How were they detected? Couldn't anything stop them from dying?Pls share stories..
I have good reasons to believe they existed before the coming of Mountain Of Fire and other Fire for Fire Churches.
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by kevoh(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2016
With the uneducated ones getting more enlightened on Sickle Cell related deaths and other infant deaths, easy access to the very basic of child health care and knowledge of genotypes before marriage myths like Ogbanje no longer have a foothold.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2016
Kondomatic:
I have good reasons to believe they existed before the coming of Mountain Of Fire and other Fire for Fire Churches.
Any stories to back up ur believe? I'd love to hear ur reasons.
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2016
kevoh:
With the uneducated ones getting more enlightened on Sickle Cell related deaths and other infant deaths, easy access to the very basic of child health care and knowledge of genotypes before marriage myths like Ogbanje no longer have a foothold.
Good one..
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by Kondomatic(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Any stories to back up ur believe? I'd love to hear ur reasons.
I do have and I will share with you?

She was a relation of mine and died when I was young. I think I was 10 or there about.

She did many inexplicable things that could make one believe she was an ogbanje, things like speaking to invisible beings, reading books and novels when she has never been to a school, telling people what they spoke about her in the secret of their chambers etc but I won't go into all of them.

However, I will tell you one remarkable thing that really surprised the whole family.

She asked her mother(my great grand) to help her chose something one day.

"what is that?" her mother asked.

"Which is better for a woman between being blind in one eye and not having breast"?

"Full breast is the pride of every woman and you will need them to feed your kids, so it is better to have breast"

did I mention that she was almost 30 that time with a flash chest?

Two weeks after she had that discussion with her mother, her left eye turned red and she became blind in one eye".

3 months later, she developed full breasts.

Mysterious right?
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2016
@Kondomatic, quite scary. But I thought d ogbanje kids die small and most times come back repeatedly to dsame mother. What do you say?
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by Kondomatic(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
@Kondomatic, quite scary. But I thought d ogbanje kids die small and most times come back repeatedly to dsame mother. What do you say?
Then maybe that one wasn't an ogbanje but something was definitely wrong with her.
Re: Do People Still Believe In 'obanje'? Share Stories! by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Kondomatic:
Then maybe that one wasn't an ogbanje but something was definitely wrong with her.
I see.. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

The Fraternity Analogy. / I Need These Books Urgently / Pastor E.A Adeboye Releases Prayer Points For 2017 Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.