Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election (26545 Views)

Dahiru Saleh: "I Annulled June 12 Election, Not IBB" / June 12: Osun Declares Monday Public Holiday; Lagos, Ogun, Oyo Did Not / Release Results Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Poll, Afenifere Group Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Interesting !
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
Death would have been a easy bailout for IBB but living to hear the pain and hardship his wickedness subjected people to is enough punishment.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by mkoabiola: 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Even IBB regreted why he annulled d widely acclaimed free and fair election in Nigerian history.

Hw time flies

I was in primary school when d riot started ,primary 6
Nawa oooo

What about Epetedo,where de declared himself d president?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by nijanigga: 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
hmmmm

its sad to say that 23 years after, The situation of the Nation is not better in any way.
get better ke? ol boy since then it got worse and will even be worst, after Buhari , it will get even worst ,that's the pattern, to say Nigeria will be better, so I was told in the 70's but see where we are now.

1 Like

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Larryfest(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
The only thing i could make out of this rather long epistle is the re-occuring names,they have been at the top directing or rather misleading this nation since independence and they are still there till date...if these people don't leave Nigeria will keep getting worse!
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dharniel:
and the babangida is still living large in this same country. someone who is meant to be in a heavily guarded facility built underground in a desert.
He lives because he is not an IGBO MAN
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by oyejideogunjumo: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
M.K.O died as a fcking cowadr
How?
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by buchai: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
We should not dwell in the past, it is now history. We should learn how to move this country forward this Abiola issue is not Nigeria democracy day and be ought to have been forgoten the ops labelled this people with there actions to cause more bitter pills to swallow, to me we should learn how to forgive and forget. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by waice6571: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
The history is cool to remember

The names of some people who should be a taboo to the lips of our children that we are still celebrating is reason why the progress of this nation is in retrogression.

The nationwide violence that ensued after the annulment is still fresh in my mind. Many family was decimated, some kidnapped and killed. many businesses were destroyed, schools were closed for several weeks and the soldiers took the position of public enemy. They unleashed terror on the citizens they were ment to protect.

Nigerians suffered greatly because of this people's selfish ambition.

If this people had care abt this nation, we shouldn't be talking of boko haram. NDA will not be sabotaging the government.... many of our recent national crisis will be averted.

Smh... Youths of nowadays were rapped of history thereby celebrating this wicked glorified touts in the name of leader. This people took away your future.

PAINED...... PAINED.........&.........PAINED.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by nkemdi89(f): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
In abiolas voice " they are taking me away o, they are taking me away o" history has it that he was a major sponsor of coups, thinking the north would support his ambition, it would be unfair to call it kamar, but it's kamar.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Theultimate(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
joseph1832:
Funny, they don't teach these things in schools nowadays. All the teach is pre-colonial nigerian government and politics. Post-colonial nigeria government and politics ends with the 2nd republic.
Do teachers (most) even know these histories? You can only offer what you have..... Not what you don't.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by frisky2good(m): 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
What of Buhari that was Minister in 1979 and president in 1984.

loomer:
Since 92 wey I dey wear nappy nai all these people dey control Nigeria till now.

God punish who dey call us leaders of tomorrow
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by cumand(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Where is abombols davis name on this list the nzeribe boy,who exploits graduates in ibadan.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by loomer: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
frisky2good:
What of Buhari that was Minister in 1979 and president in 1984.

Bros, I tire no be lie

1 Like

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by ephi123(f): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:
Death would have been a easy bailout for IBB but living to hear the pain and hardship his wickedness subjected people to is enough punishment.

IBB is the embodiment of evil. Posterity will surely judge him.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by Niyinficient(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
M.K.O died as a fcking cowadr

If a coward is someone who will not renounce his mandate...(wat he believes) in order for him to be released frm prison under a military rule with monetary promises, then I want to b a coward!

Receive sense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by cidy123: 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
In the post I saw bank of BIAFRA, and they say we should forget our history.......
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by vision2050: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Let forget about this , it is long overdue. Karma is a bas.tard. it knocked back at abiola, he betrayed Awolowo to become the president. that one later curse him, that he will see the post of presido but he will not get there. I heard he also sponsored the coup that overthrowned Buhari regime because of his ally with IBB. because Buhari regime frown against his corruption practice, drugs. Do you know what LUKUDI means? ask elders. Abiola is the chief manufacturer of lukudi.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by millhouse: 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
T
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by psalmsjob: 3:59am On Jun 13, 2016
joseph1832:
Funny, they don't teach these things in schools nowadays. All the teach is pre-colonial nigerian government and politics. Post-colonial nigeria government and politics ends with the 2nd republic.
You are on point my brother... History is not taught in schools but even this one is one sided and not entirely the whole truth...

I heard MKO encouraged Abacha to oust Shonekan and declear him President instead...if that's not true, then why didn't MKO declear himself President while Shonekan was heading the interim government before Abacha's coup.

We need this civilian government to declassify all the documents relating to June 12 and other coups or major players in that episode of our political history should summon the courage to speak out on what they know, did and didn't do so that we could learn the lessons therein to learn and progress as a nation.

Based on what is known...I think MKO should've accepted the Abacha offer and be freed to fight another day, that's not cowardice but wisdom...once a winner always a winner...only a foolish man will see danger ahead and still press ahead despite warnings.... Such a man will suddenly fall into a pit so says the Bible.

I've learnt that from this June 12 debacle... Self-education is allowed...if state-education is not forthcoming.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by lukency(m): 5:01am On Jun 13, 2016
Dharniel:
and the babangida is still living large in this same country. someone who is meant to be in a heavily guarded facility built underground in a desert.
Its a matter of time a miserable death awaits him.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by mindtricks: 6:14am On Jun 13, 2016
Dharniel:

He is a honorable elderstatesman of our beloved country Nigeria.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by 989900: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Traitors everywhere.
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by millhouse: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2016
Kul
Re: 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election by otosa(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
hmmmm

its sad to say that 23 years after, The situation of the Nation is not better in any way.
God will bless you. And the funny part of it is that all the players that destroyed our faithful country then later came back and they couldn't repair it again instead the are adding more to the problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Decides: PDP Say Police Officers Are Supporting APC To Snatch Ballot Boxes / Gov. Amaechi Observing Palm Sunday. / Senate Blocks Move To Summon Lawan Daura, SSS Boss Over Raids On Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.