Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue (895 Views)

Sienna 1999 Model Gear Box Problem / My Car Drags And Makes A High Sound Before Gear Selection / Honda Oddysee 2000 Model Gear Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue by Dozieson(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dear House, please assist me with what to do on the below issue.
My transmission fluid drained and I noticed the oil seal was bad. It was replaced on Thursday and I used the car on Friday without noticing any issue.
By Saturday, I drove to town without any issue but on returning I heard a vibration on the engine as if i climb a rough road. I didn't stop to check but notice again same issue after 5mins. Had to stop and check the engine. Seems everything was ok. I started the car and the Drive gear could not engage but reverse was engaging. So I couldn't move the car. I discovered the break fluid has dried up and break was flat.had to tow the car home. What could be the issue..
Pls help ooo
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue by Dozieson(m): 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
No response? Please help!
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dozieson:
No response? Please help!

it's quite confusing. How do the brakes come into the matter?
Re: Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
I am surprised too. But I am suspecting the gear oil change affected the gear. The mechanic used dexron 11 instead of type 111 specified.

(1) (Reply)

An Accident Scene I Rode Up On This AM / How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase / Someone Help With My Camry 07

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.