Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why I Do What I Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Do What I Do (380 Views)

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Do What I Do by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Life is just like a vapour. Having the understanding that we are only here for a while shapes the way I live. Like the king in Luke 19 that gave his servants talents and went away, same way God gave us gifts to keep us busy. So knowing that life is nothing but the ‘time’ we spend on earth, we ought to spend our time wisely. For me if I have nothing doing, I feel like am not living. I have stopped thinking about making money but about making impact. That doesn’t make money a bad thing because more money means more impact, but making money your motive will take you off the real thing.
When we are no more, we will only be remembered by what we did. I currently took a job that pays 50% less than my previous job (left the previous job to further my education) because I just have to be doing something as I await the Lord’s call. If I decide to fold my hands and wait for a better job, I will just be wasting my time which is what life is made of. Where I am now, I am making impact and if the Lord decides to call me, one or two people will remember me through the impact I made in their lives and as that memory lives on, I continue living in their hearts. Knowing am there for a purpose helps me handle whatever my boss decides to bring on.
Having the consciousness of living for a purpose will help you live above the feeling of depression, un-satisfaction, desperation and bitterness everywhere in the world today. Live one day at a time, think happy thoughts, decide to be focused and remember whatever you are doing is just to keep you busy till exit time.

(1) (Reply)

Arent Rocking A Nexus Handset / Father Puts Pepper In 10-yr-old Daughter’s Private Part Over Lottery Ticket / Good Nigerians Lets Discuss This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.