Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

What Are The Mentalities One Needs To Drop Before Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Mentalities One Needs To Drop Before Getting A Job? (513 Views)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / How Many Years Did You Spend Before Getting A Job? / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Must Do Before Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Mentalities One Needs To Drop Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
I think the number one is...

"You must know an insider or nothing for you".

This has discouraged many people from applying for jobs in top companies even when they meet the requirements.

kindly add yours.
Re: What Are The Mentalities One Needs To Drop Before Getting A Job? by Mackin: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
b4 apply, u must be proactive in ur thinking
Re: What Are The Mentalities One Needs To Drop Before Getting A Job? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
I wrote this article in 2014.

Its tittled "A typical Nigeria Graduate"

Enjoy!

post=46515815:

My respect for an Average Nigerian Graduate is impeccable. Common, give it up to us already wink. We went through a lot to earn that HND, B.Sc, B.Tech and B.Edu. In all sincerity, it was quite a journey.

That said, i still feel Nigerian Graduates need to up their Game, our way of thinking is sometimes cry cry. I have heard graduates say stuffs that i couldn’t help but marvel at such public display of tongue tongue

I’m not out to bash anyone, just here to air my view and thought on things i have seen and heard.
So Below is a rundown of What a typical Nigerian Graduate thinks that Sticks grin grin Yeah, i think i got that line right wink

1. The only thing that could be resonsible for a 6 years spell without a Job?
grin grin
You know it already!
Witches, Wizards, Powers and Principalities.

The Solution: 6 months dry fasting, prayer, ministration, and Fire Fighting against the Non Existent Powers grin

You better stop wasting your time and look for jarus cheesy

2. I can’t get a good job without NYSC

This one cracks me up all the time when i hear fellow awaiting corpers talk. The sad thing is that majority of graduates fall into this category.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against you going for NYSC (who wouldn’t?). All I am saying is that unlike popular belief, your job search starts even before your final exams in school.
Having a CV before time shows your preparedness, nothing more.

The Solution wouldn’t be for you to Wait 2-5 months at home before you are Mobilized, spend 1 year in Ukifuwa Village in Taraba. You finish POP and then you officially apply for your 1st JOB! My dear, you are 2 years late angry!

3. What are the Job prospects of so so so and so course? embarassed embarassed Like Seriously

I come across this Question like a thousand times already. It is really sad.
These are the question a Jambite should be asking. I was thinking an Intellectually sound being will know the rudiments of what he is to commit 6-7 years of his/her life to angry angry so sad

But i think i can relate to it… this is actually what happened. I Apply for Medicine but the school offered me Human KiNematics (HKN GANG grin), I finish school and started asking my last born what I just did grin grin

4. That there are no jobs

I must admit this is False True. Truth be told, there are indeed not enough jobs to go round. But when you Carry this mentality on your head like it’s Brazilian hair, it will work against you! Be strong, Believe there are jobs (which is indeed true)and better yourself everyday to make you south after by employers

5. I need connection to get a really good job

If you are still thinking the above is true, NEWSFLASH!!! It is nothing but brain draining. The recruitment process of the best of jobs in the county are as free and fair as Obama’s 1st Election grin grin …
It’s the truth.

6. That the Internet is either Facebook, Twitter, BBM, 2Go or Whatsapp….
I’m as surprised as you cry cry

And that is the more reason you see them asking Slap deserving questions.

Feel free to add yours. The thread is for all of us to learn and not to necessarily downcast anybody wink wink
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Delivery Personel Wanted Port Harcourt, Benue, Rivers (pref. Calabash) States / International Protection Internship Programme At UNHCR / QC Supervisor At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.